Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

That was Mick Martin re the proposed Tiote flag.  Which again reflected this weird sense of ‘ownership’ of what others can and can’t do

NB Luke Edwards mask first slipped at that time too when he called out the ‘illegal’ Tiote flag, before backing down 

Just now, Sima said:

Neither of them supported the 11th minute walk-in either, did they?

Yep, always went on about how it was for others to organise, Pooh-poohing it.

There’s genuinely something odd about self-appointed ‘voice of the support’ types.  It’s a really odd way to view yourself the more you think about it.  

The Cardiff walkout ended up being an absolute clusterfuck because MM decided he knew better and started putting about a different minute. Utterly cretinous behaviour. The top button of his Fred Perry polo must’ve been cutting off the circulation to his brain.

17 hours ago, Greg said:

I have no intention in getting into a debate about the pros and cons of Alex Hurst and his co-opting with an anonymous person on an internet message board.

With respect it was your own suggestion that you would /should provide a detailed response back in October.

15 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

With respect it was your own suggestion that you would /should provide a detailed response back in October.

It was. That was crap by me. Like I said I will try and answer reasonable questions and I said I would in that case and then didn't because I wasn't coming on this forum for a number of reasons (personal and work etc.). I have nothing to hide in that regard - I said I'd do something, I didn't. That was crap, my fault. Sometimes these things happen. In all seriousness though if you want to contact the Trust about something to do with the Trust, then contact the Trust or a Board member directly (PM, DM e-mail etc.). If I'm on here I'll try and read this thread but I won't always be on here or around to respond.

I have now explained the position re co-opting but have said I have no intention of getting drawn into a debate on the pro's and con's of Alex with an anonymous person on an internet message board. 

2 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

The only post @Greg managed to interact with, despite loads of helpful suggestions in others.

“Join the Trust, or you’re not allowed a voice.”

“Have a voice? Email us discreetly.”

“Actually, we don’t like your voice as it’s not what we want to do, fuck off”.

@LFEEAnd this is the response from the Trust, not sure how this lends well with your “get involved if you want to change/support it” mantra.

I thought the Board were there to act on behalf of their membership, rather than their own thoughts. 

See whilst I believe a trust is there primarily to represent it's members it's a very close second to represent the wider fanbase. This was one of the things I found difficult,which I'm sure would also split opinion... 

Yeah, they should try to represent all fans IMO. Obviously it’s hard to know what anyone but the members actually wants. 

I wouldn’t consider them like a membership organisation in the normal sense, there’s a constituency of NUFC fans that is wider than just that. 

Guest HTT II

I was all for NUST and in many ways still am, I’ve donated over 1500 quid to their cause/pledge and I respect the fuck out of Greg and Heron especially, every club needs a supporters trust and by and large, despite my criticisms, they have done some good stuff and when that money does go to charity, I will personally feel particularly happy that those charities will benefit. I’m now no longer a member, however, as I feel they have made themselves redundant and the lack of active communication and seemingly disdain for members and that it seems to be basically a franchise of True Faith is not on.

3 hours ago, Sima said:

The reason SP and AO were so successful was because they were totally anonymous and not vehicles for the likes of Wraith and Hurst to get attention from.

No surprise that Wraith wasn't a fan of it as he was jealous of it's success, just like the original Gallowgate Flags.  Wasn't he the daffy who was going to ring the coppers on them?

I've been in the presence of some of those mentioned in this thread (not those in this quoted post) when they've actively laughed at those groups, and advising why, thus confirming to me that my perceptions of their egotistical narcissm were indeed correct. 

Edited by Heron

3 hours ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

IIRC Michael Martin has been against absolutely everything that wasn't suggested by him.

Or changed things that weren't mentioned by him, ro suit him and also to make it sound like he suggested them in the first place. Like Cardiff. 

3 hours ago, christ said:

The Cardiff walkout ended up being an absolute clusterfuck because MM decided he knew better and started putting about a different minute. Utterly cretinous behaviour. The top button of his Fred Perry polo must’ve been cutting off the circulation to his brain.

Still got the emails from this. The notion started on this very forum. 

Speaking of MM I noticed this morning that he tagged Nufc and the trust on a post about the Spirit of Shankly lot being apart of LFC Supporters Board. 

Christ. That’s definitely next on the agenda isn’t it. 

2 hours ago, Likelylad said:

Speaking of MM I noticed this morning that he tagged Nufc and the trust on a post about the Spirit of Shankly lot being apart of LFC Supporters Board. 

Christ. That’s definitely next on the agenda isn’t it. 

Of course.  That’s all it was ever about.

The fact that the board ‘positions’ are actually for a ‘supporters board’ which will meet ‘informally’ with the actual board four times a year won’t matter.  The sad cases will actually believe that they have a say, as opposed to this being a PR stunt by the actual owners.

2 minutes ago, Big River said:

Micky Martin/Wraith and their cronies absolutely hated how they knew nothing about SP/AO and weren’t involved whatsoever :lol: bet it still winds them up. cretins.

Ironic that Wraith and Martin hate each other like. Then again they both take the attention from each other

• 3 weeks later...

Trust met with Sarah Medcalf yesterday (she attended a Trust Board meeting) who has moved over from the foundation in to a new role as Head of Supporter Services. She's tasked with setting up a new Supporter Services department and building a new team, really positive introductory meeting - and great that the club is finally taking this area seriously. 

6 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Sounds good. 

The membership pack (or lack of) could be something to bring up when the time is right. 

There is so much to bring up, and so much to do - going to take time to untangle a lot of the mess inherited from the previous regime.