Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

Just now, Conjo said:

im pretty sure it wasn't 200k to the penny like :lol: It's just rounded up/down for convenience.

Rounded up? Great no problem although knowing how the Trust like to blow their own trumpet I think they might have mentioned that. 

If it's been rounded down then by how much and who has the surpluss gone to?

I'm very sceptical when it comes to the Trust. I've seen a few good lads who were on there who've walked away from it all and haven't wanted to say a great about why.

Or maybe it's just that I can't stand Alex Hurst and don't trust the bloke as far as I could throw him.

2 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

I'm surprised more hasn't been made of this. For all those pledges over all those months to come to EXACTLY £200,000 and not a quid over is pretty astonishing tbh.

It's quite clearly explained in the documentation published by the Trust and sent to members.

19 minutes ago, Big River said:

it's mad how a protest group had more visibility into their financials than the Trust :lol:

Not sure that's true. 

Quite easy to find the audited accounts of the Trust online https://mutuals.fca.org.uk/Documents/Download/874970 

I suspect most of the people raising this have not read the information provided to members, the various documents and meeting minutes or the audited accounts or even contacted the Trust directly to ask.

Easy to complain without taking the time to be informed.

Edited by Greg

2 minutes ago, Greg said:

It's quite clearly explained in the documentation published by the Trust and sent to members.

I got an email saying they were giving £83,500 to the Alan Shearer Foundation, £27,500 to the West End Foodbank, £59,000 to the SBR Foundation and £30,000 to the NUFC Foundation but that was it.

4 minutes ago, Greg said:

Hi Greg, can you confirm which communications sent to members explain this? I have checked the last 2 emails I received from the trust, both about the pledge, and I can’t see any reference to how the figure is exactly £200,000?

2 minutes ago, NWMag said:

Hi Greg, can you confirm which communications sent to members explain this? I have checked the last 2 emails I received from the trust, both about the pledge, and I can’t see any reference to how the figure is exactly £200,000?

No I can't I'm afriad as I'm busy at work. Read all the documents linked in the various emails (which include going back to the emails and documents in relation to ending the scheme and the previous vote).

If you want to ask the Trust a question email [email protected] 

Edited by Greg

4 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

I got an email saying they were giving £83,500 to the Alan Shearer Foundation, £27,500 to the West End Foodbank, £59,000 to the SBR Foundation and £30,000 to the NUFC Foundation but that was it.

And all the previous emails about ending the scheme, you've read the accounts, the charity proposals and all the linked documents such as Pledge Committee meeting minutes etc. and still don't understand?

If you have a genuine question  - email [email protected]

40 minutes ago, Conjo said:

im pretty sure it wasn't 200k to the penny like :lol: It's just rounded up/down for convenience.

The Trust decided not to recover all administrative fees and took a small hit on costs to ensure the overall Pledge Scheme amount raised didn't go below £200,000.

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

I'm also busy at work typing on a fan message board which isn't important enough to supply details to directly. :lol:

Yeh - for something that take me 20 seconds to type while multi tasking is a bit different to going back through emails etc and researching stuff. 

Just now, Greg said:

The Trust decided not to recover all administrative fees and took a small hit on costs to ensure the overall Pledge Scheme amount raised didn't go below £200,000.

All you needed to say in your first reply without getting all defensive tbh.

10 minutes ago, Greg said:

Not sure that's true. 

Quite easy to find the audited accounts of the Trust online https://mutuals.fca.org.uk/Documents/Download/874970 

I suspect most of the people raising this have not read the information provided to members, the various documents and meeting minutes or the audited accounts or even contacted the Trust directly to ask.

Easy to complain without taking the time to be informed.

it is true. there was a full public page that tracked donations, and expenses with receipts attached. completely visible on the website.

it's an easy thing to do, not sure why you lot insist on making things incredibly difficult for yourselves. it looks shady, even though it's probably not.

6 minutes ago, Big River said:

it is true. there was a full public page that tracked donations, and expenses with receipts attached. completely visible on the website.

it's an easy thing to do, not sure why you lot insist on making things incredibly difficult for yourselves. it looks shady, even though it's probably not.

I agree that was very transparent - remember it well!

But there is a big difference between operating as a unconstituted group in that way and as a registered organisation etc.

For example the Trust can't do this - the rules the govern the Trust do not allow it as it is prohibited from publishing any form of balance sheet or accounts unless it has been audited by the Trusts appointed qualified accountants- and accounts are only audited once a year. It would be prohibitively expensive for accounts to be audited on a monthly rolling basis.

7 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Speaking as someone who works in a printing factory I'm probably the least qualified to read a balance sheet ([emoji38]) but does that really say the Trust spent £34,239 on Administrative expenses last year or am I reading it totally wrong?

Yes - that's correct. Mainly on setting up the pledge scheme, the legal advice needed to set it up and all other associated cost with set up, also included in this is the day to day admin costs (email, MS Teams, web hosting), also includes legal fees for the Trust's barrister for analysis and input into the takeover sent to the Premier League.

This is from Trust held funds, entirely separate to any money raised through the 1892 Pledge Scheme.

Edited by Greg

30 minutes ago, Greg said:

Events cost money to put on. Any profits to the the nominated charities and the Trust.

I appreciate a cost but I go to the same venue on a Wednesday and see 10 comedy acts with compare and full bar and catering staff etc which sells out for £5.

With times being hard right now I do think events like these should be kept to a bare minimum. Especially as it’s billed as a thank you for those who’ve donated lots of money.

I’d hate to think anyone was taking an appearance fee from this or the tickets were priced with those guests in mind.

Generally I wouldn’t say £20 is extortionate but for the target market and theme behind the evening it seems at least £10 too much in these desperate times.