Celtic and Rangers in the Premier league.

cp40

Not this bollocks again, discussed somewhere at least once per year.  At present Rangers and Celtic would struggle to survive in the prem, a few years back they may have been midtable but they have declined so much.  Gone are the days when  Henrik larsson or Gazza would play there.

Not this bollocks again, discussed somewhere at least once per year.  At present Rangers and Celtic would struggle to survive in the prem, a few years back they may have been midtable but they have declined so much.  Gone are the days when  Henrik larsson or Gazza would play there.

think of what they could buy with their support and premier league TV money.

aye, shit the same as us, as clubs they would be a similar size / finances as us.

No, no and no, they are both crap, simple as, no team has any right to go into the EPL, let them make their way up the pyramid.

The only reason these two teams would even consider the EPL is for money, simple as, plain greed.

aye, s*** the same as us, as clubs they would be a similar size / finances as us.

i personally think if they came into the prem they'd have a financial pull bettered only by man utd.(generated income that is)

aye, s*** the same as us, as clubs they would be a similar size / finances as us.

i personally think if they came into the prem they'd have a financial pull bettered only by man utd.(generated income that is)

I agree. They might struggle at first, but they both have huge fanbases which would probably only increase if they were in the Premiership. Long-term, they'd be very competitive.

I still can't see it happening, because there are vested interests on both sides of the border who would have too much to lose. The Scottish League would lose some status, and they're a threat to the smaller Premiership clubs.

I would be very much against it, once it happens what next? Lyon, Marseille, Ajax?

I think I did hear yesterday though that Celtic would be prepared to start in League 2 (Div 4). If they were going to do that then I would be slightly more in favour, although not much.

I would far rather play against Celtic or Rangers in the Premier than Hull or Wigan, at least from the excitement generating perspective. There are issues though, mainly that the jocks always seem to have a massive chip on their shoulder, they'd probably think they were doing us a favour playing in our league.

Guest Heneage

We see how hard it is for Portsmouth fans to get Newcastle, now imagine trying to get to Glasgow, it will never work.

I would be very much against it, once it happens what next? Lyon, Marseille, Ajax?

I think I did hear yesterday though that Celtic would be prepared to start in League 2 (Div 4). If they were going to do that then I would be slightly more in favour, although not much.

How would that work have 2 extra teams in League 2?  The clubs struggle to afford to go to away games as it is never mind 100 miles north of the border or whatever it is.

How magnanimous of the cunts. They can start at the BOTTOM if they want to come here, just like AFC Wimbledon had to. Although to be fair Milton Keynes didn't bother with a team starting at the bottom so there is precedent.

I'd hate for these two to be allowed in, and I haven't even seen the carnage they cause first hand. Didn't they wreck the city just for a pre-season friendly a while back?

No. Anyway, they'd lose so much money by not qualifying for Europe surely it wouldn't be worthwhile (unless the PL money alone is greater?)

probably is as celtic and rangers rarely get out of cl groups so 10m is really as much as they can get compared to 30m a season guarenteed in prem

No. Anyway, they'd lose so much money by not qualifying for Europe surely it wouldn't be worthwhile (unless the PL money alone is greater?)

probably is as celtic and rangers rarely get out of cl groups so 10m is really as much as they can get compared to 30m a season guarenteed in prem

Plus apparently the bottom Prem club earns as much as 15 times the top SPL club from endorsements, sponsorship and other extra income.