Illuminating Hadrian's wall.

madras

ILLUMINATING HADRIAN’S WALL; Sat 7 Nov - Mon 14 Dec

Visitors and communities will have the opportunity to experience the once-in-a-lifetime spectacle of the 73 mile route of Hadrian’s Wall illuminated through sensitive yet incredible light installations and events along the Frontier of the Roman Empire. Illuminating Hadrian's Wall is a collaborative project by Hadrian's Wall Heritage Ltd, Northumberland Lights, Kendal Arts International and culture10

and there will be more specific lighting at some milecastles and other places. I'd be guessing at the likes of walltown,sycamore gap etc.

Should be of interest to the photographers out there aswell.

does anyone know more about this as i've been trying to find out if it will be on for the full length of the timeframe mentioned or just certain dates withi it ?

more about northumberland lights here...http://www.northumberlandlights.com/index.php

You're right Madras it will make a great Photo opportunity and I would imagine they might hold events there with the Ermine Street Guards.

Its going to cost a few Denarius to keep that bugger running.

sounds canny, where would be good places to view it, without walking miles from a car, or driving through tracks.

if its what i'm expecting. walltown,once brewed (for peel crags and view to steel rigg/crag lough) have car parks. sycamore gap can be seen from the road. theres even a road uo to caw gap.

sounds canny, where would be good places to view it, without walking miles from a car, or driving through tracks.

if its what i'm expecting. walltown,once brewed (for peel crags and view to steel rigg/crag lough) have car parks. sycamore gap can be seen from the road. theres even a road uo to caw gap.

:thup:

Visitors and communities will have the opportunity to experience the once-in-a-lifetime spectacle of the 73 mile route of Hadrian’s Wall illuminated through sensitive yet incredible light installations and events along the Frontier of the Roman Empire. Illuminating Hadrian's Wall is a collaborative project by Hadrian's Wall Heritage Ltd, Northumberland Lights, Kendal Arts International and culture10

and there will be more specific lighting at some milecastles and other places. I'd be guessing at the likes of walltown,sycamore gap etc.

does anyone know more about this as i've been trying to find out if it will be on for the full length of the timeframe mentioned or just certain dates withi it ?

more about northumberland lights here...http://www.northumberlandlights.com/index.php

That sites a bit out of date like, nothing about 2009. Be interested in going up for that if I can get confirmed dates.

http://www.hadrians-wall.org/page.aspx//Things-To-See-And-Do/What's-On

Key events in 2010 - Illuminating Hadrian's Wall

March 2010

Hadrian’s Wall Country will celebrate its unique heritage and landscape through an exciting winter lighting project. All along Hadrian’s Wall there are plans to encapsulate the magic of this striking landscape and its relationship with the World Heritage Site- sensitively using light to entertain, enthuse and inspire.

Be the first to find out about this and other exciting events by signing up the the Hadrian's Wall Country e-newsletter.

That sites a bit out of date like, nothing about 2009. Be interested in going up for that if I can get confirmed dates.

yeah. i just put that site in so people could see the type of thing they do.

• 1 month later...

right then. i'm not really sure what is going on with this. i've been by walltown crags a couple of times in the dark and there is no sign of anything happening, nothing in the press....nowt.

then searching online for something about it and i find this....http://www.hadrians-wall.org/page.aspx/Illuminating-Hadrian%27s-Wall

what happened to the light displays as previewed in the northumberland lights site et al ?

even then should make for a canny weekend if the boro game gets moved to the sunday...stranglers on friday, this on saturday, match on sunday,editors on monday.