Demon's Souls

shido

Just discovered this game randomly which apparantly came out in japan in february and is only just being released in the states (looks like its never gonna make it to europe).

From some of the reviews it sounds REALLY REALLY compelling....it sounds absolutely hard as nails....like forget that ninja gaiden shit..we're talking ridiculous "oh theres a boss! sweet...oh....one hit kill... :undecided:"

EDIT: Maybe some actual basic info about the game might help haha.... It looks like a very grim RPG kind of thing where you spend a lot of time dying.

Check out some of the stuff about it...really thinking about importing it somehow.

If you got time give the eurogamer review a read...you'll feel equally compelled i bet ya.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/demons-souls-review (9/10)

Also check the GT video review:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-demons-souls/57297

Hmmmmmmmmm.

Looks like its about 40 quid from Video Games Plus importing site plus delivery i'm sure....

;D Awesome! i somehow persuaded my housemate he NEEDS to have this game yet he doesn't have a ps3! So he's gonna buy it and play it on my ps3 muahah! But when he aint playing it....i will be!

RESULT!

I'd watch this before buying like!

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-demons-souls/17-1485/

I ain't no masochist, looks like my worst nightmare :lol:

;D Thats exactly what i showed him to persuade him to get it! Hahah...

I'm totally gonna go absolutely fucking nuts when i try to play it i'm sure...i'm gonna be punching all kinda things...might even bite some desks in frustration!

Got it!

Aaand my housemate is in london all weekend! Muahaha!

Just tried it...got through about 20 mins of the first level..didn't die once!! Its really awesome...very satisfying...the menus and stuff are a bit...clunky but its pretty awesome dudes!

• 4 months later...

Quite enjoying this, only died once so far, my fault though.. I stupidly jumped down a shiny hole "Ohhh what's down there?" Oh instant death and the loss of 300 souls, nice.

The online side is class, love watching the other souls flying about in battle and the messages and blood stains are an awesome idea, not joined anyone elses game yet though.

Battles aren't very tough yet, but I think I'm still in the tutorial phase. :lol:

It's not frustrating at all, thought it would be, there's shortcuts throughout the level so it never feels like you're repeating it too much, saying that I'm not past 1-1 yet so what the fuck do I know :lol: 

Awesome stuff.

It's not frustrating at all, thought it would be, there's shortcuts throughout the level so it never feels like you're repeating it too much, saying that I'm not past 1-1 yet so what the fuck do I know :lol: 

Awesome stuff.

;D glad you're enjoying it man! Its so fucking frustrating sometimes but oh so beautifully rewarding as well.

I'm taking a break because we fell out and i'm still not talking to it until it apologises and gives me back my souls.

I'm absolutely fucking loving it now, still stuck on 1-1 though :lol: Can maul everything with my 'bastard' sword.. but when it comes to the red eyed knight and the boss I just get annihilated and lose my souls as I rush through to get them or just get cocky  :(

What class are you? Just went with the bog standard soldier for my first playthrough, no idea how to level up though? Also any tips for the spikey slug 1-1 boss?

Love the mood and style of this, combat got so much better when I realised you could lock on :lol: