PLEASE ALL READ: Donations...

Dave

No, not the fixtures. :shifty:

We're running out of money to run this place. We now have less than two months' cash left from the generous donations this time last year, so it's time for us to beg again.

Click on the button below to donate if you can. Note that you can still donate even if you don't have a PayPal account.

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

Many thanks.

Donations received to date (this time around)

UsernameDonation
Dave£100
M4TT£10
bobyule£20
mofo£10
twickmag£5
Towelie£20
Boqueron£10
dustynrg£5
ChrisMcQuillan£5
Noisewater£15
lovemoose£5
Kanji86£50
castlehaven£50
garth£20
Andy£100
rocksammy£25
Mowen£20
Turnbull2000£15
tonygreen£20
elbee909£23
Kaizero£30
Exiled in Texas£15
bealios£50
treemag£10
burnip£10
itsTosh£25
ennyoueffsea£10
Kasper£10
JoeyBartonSoonDeparting£5
Toon's Taylor£15
localshop£12
DJ_NUFC£15
ChezGiven£100
jackyboy£5
djmattis£15
Robster£10
Jill£10
stlouismag£10
Apisith£75
Interpolic£10
colinmk£10
tmonkey£15
ElDiablo£21.32
Keefaz£5
CocoBananas£25
Toon_Norway£10
Gallowgate Toon£15
GeordieMessiah£30
palnese£10
Rich£100
Unknown£30
Unknown£10
Unknown£10
Total£1261.32

FAQs

How much did you raise last time?

About £1100, after PayPal took their cut.

Where's it all gone?

The monthly cost of the dedicated server, mainly. On the current UK-based server these run at around £60 per month and are the only place your donations this time will go. The rest went to the host for their services when we moved over from the Hungarian lot (helping to sort it out and installing software for us etc).

Who deals with the money?

That would be me. I set up a new bank account just for this place and everything is linked to that - PayPal account, server costs, domain registration costs and so on.

What happened to the revamp?

We're STILL waiting on the official release of SMF 2.0. They've just released RC2, so no doubt it'll be ages before the full thing comes out properly. Until then there's simply no point pissing around with things because 2.0 is built completely different to 1.x.

Why does the forum still crash when busy?

Because it's fucked, to be honest. The forum software, the theme and the database remain a hash of the results of other projects and together they're not 'clean'. If we were to do a completely clean reboot of the forum it would mean no posts brought over (ie the database). There's still a chance this might have to happen in the future btw though obviously we hope not.

What's going to happen in the next 12 months?

Nothing until SMF 2.0 comes out, as explained above. We're stable enough like this so we intend to keep things as is.

Do I have to donate?

Absolutely not, this is completely non-compulsory. We might get Bluf to hunt you down though.

How much should I donate?

As little or as much as you like. Every little helps, and we fully appreciate any donation.

Can't you do other things so that donations aren't needed?

We tried the Spreadshirt thing last year which didn't really help much, but other than that there's not a lot we can do. Personally I absolutely do not want adverts plastered all over the site, and offers for discreet, sensible ones have been few to date.

Have you put anything in?

£100, like last year. :thup:

I'm going to donate for the first time.

Thanks pal.

Why hasn't some form of sponsorship been seeked?

Dunno really, I suppose as I said before I for one am not keen on adverts. I'm proud of this place running itself which it pretty much has to date.

I can't access paypal for some reason so I would have flung some funds that way so you don't suffer paypal deductions.

Well it's up to you mate, I can just transfer them across online so feel free. :thup:

Done.

Cheers. I'll let you know when it comes through.

Also let me know if it doesn't after 5 days or so. It normally deducts it from my "actual balance" on my lloyds tsb account straight away, but it hasn't this time, so I'm not sure if it's gone through properly.

Guest Heneage

I'm gonna auction off some signed photo's all proceeds going to the forum.

Of you? Are you selling them to the blind?

We could always auction photos of you off as 'Genuine Christopher Ecclestone autographs' or even win a date with.

Done.

Cheers. I'll let you know when it comes through.

Also let me know if it doesn't after 5 days or so. It normally deducts it from my "actual balance" on my lloyds tsb account straight away, but it hasn't this time, so I'm not sure if it's gone through properly.

I've got a Lloyds account and something stupid like if the transfer is made between 8pm-6am, it doesn't appear on your statement and come off the balance until the next day

Guest Heneage

Dave: if it came down to it, would you sell your body to keep the forum running? Genuine question.

Depends who was asking. Kezman, no.

[email protected]? Maybe.

You're not my type sweetie.

He's from Leeds you know?  Is that not continental enough for you?

The only chance Dave has of sweeping me off my feet is by standing behind me and tripping me up.