Manchester City V Newcastle United - Post Match Thoughts.

BlufPurdi

Ah well, at least we haven't lost.  Which we should have, considering their goals was fine, in my opinion.  Unlucky not to grab a winner at the end, but my gripe isn't the score, but another pitiful performance.  Just another sure sign of the direction we're headed.  blueyes.gif

First-half diagnosis?

Second-half diagnosis?

Full-time diagnosis?

Star man for United?

Worst United player?

Opposition comment?

Toon-pros?

Toon-cons?

Post-match feelings?

Guest Geordie_Paul

Utter shite until the last 5 mins when the team actually decided to play and i thought we were gonna grab a winner lol Good to see Dyer back in the premiership though!

If that incompetent tit Roeder is still here to see our relegation (thanks to his best efforts and those of the fat bastard) I'll be surprised.

The only thing I can draw from his being allowed to destroy our team with Shepherd's help, is as a warning to all other clubs not to be so stupid in employing him.

Guest Invicta_Toon

obviously the mentality has crept into the team that we ARE shit and we will never win a game, hence it looked like they were actually surprised we hadnt been beaten or had incredibly bad luck by the 88th minute, and decided 'fuck it, lets play'

First-half diagnosis?

Sack Roeder!

Second-half diagnosis?

Sack Roeder!!

Full-time diagnosis?

Sack Roeder!!!

Star man for United?

Sack Roeder!!!!

Worst United player?

Sack Roeder!!!!!

Opposition comment?

Sack Roeder!!!!!!

Toon-pros?

Sack Roeder!!!!!!!

Toon-cons?

Sack Roeder!!!!!!!!

Post-match feelings?

For gods sake sack Roeder now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last 5 minutes were the best we've played all season :lol:

That was pretty hilarious like. 

1 win in 11, no goals in 6 of our last 8 games and Arsenal away next. At least we got a point away from home but aside from the last 5 minutes we were poor.

Shit for 85 minutes then a great last 5, could have won which would have been hilarious!

- Dyer makes us look like a much better team and that is without him being properly match fit.

- Duff was non-existent and should be dropped for a game or two

- Milner & Emre wouldn't know what a final ball was if it smacked them in the face

- Our set pieces are shit, not being able to beat the first man at a corner is the most frustrating thing ever!

- Our only outlet up front was a Man City reject, which is depressing

only milner, harper and dyer had decent games

just looking at the way dyer made is play football, shows how stupid roeder was by playing shola, it was strange to see a forward actually being able to control a pass and not lose it again...

if we had played 20 minutes like the last five, we would have won this game, city deserved the goal but we're basically as bad as we were...

one point in the bag, but you don't get up with it

The last five minutes.. aaaaaaah!!! Dyer was good - Pro. Midfield was really good in the second half (at times) - Pro. Shit defending - Con. We still have to learn how to pass it up from the back. When we did, Dyer or whoever it was that was in 'the hole' had so much space and we played much better. Stick to this exact formation next game because when the ball is on the ground, our midfielders can pass (Zoggy, Milner, Solano, Dyer, Emre and Parker).

Okay lets try and be positive...

Under pressure most of the game and a clean sheet.  :thup:

Carr injured, to me thats a pluss if it keeps him out.  :thup:

Kieron Dyer our driving force. :thup:

We got a point away from home  :thup:

Negitives

Emre's temper  :thdn:

Poll being ref  :thdn:

Milners crossing  :thdn:

Carr's defending  :thdn:

Another awefully boring match, to go alongside the Charlton and Sheff U games. Hope the last 5mins doesnt disguise how utterly useless we were, and we should have been 3 down way before the 87th min.

Did we officially have a shot on target?

Since Carr got injured and was subbed off our defence looked pretty solid I think and Solano is a player who can build up the the play from the defence unlike anyone else there.

Dyer and Zog with their pace brought a lot more for us into the game and a midfield of Zog-Emre-Dyer-Milner(Duff) would be worth of trying in the near future...

Horrible performance as overall except the last few mins which we played great but hopefully it gave a little hint for Roeder considering the upcoming fixtures!