Yay! E74 error!

YankeeToon

And only a few days before Borderlands and FIFA 10 come out!

It's really a good thing, as it turns out...

I've had my Elite for about 2 years now. Actually (and this is very important) I've had it for exactly 1 year and 364 days. I got it from Best Buy and got the 2-year extended replacement plan, back when the Elite cost $450. This is also important.

Anyway, last night it froze, but I didn't think much of it at the time and, since it was already late, just shut it off and went to bed. Turned it on this afternoon, E74 error. Tried again, checked the cables, etc. Nope. It's dead, Jim...

So I dug out my receipt and discovered that today was the very last day my Xbox was covered under the Best Buy plan. I jumped in my car, headed to Best Buy, stood in line for a half-hour, and eventually got to the customer service desk, where (and this is the good part) I get a store-credit card for the full amount of the original purchase price - about $480, with tax.

Then I get a new Elite off the shelf, at the new discount price of $300, swap my hard drive out, add on another 2-year coverage plan, and I'm left with just over $70 on the card - just enough to get one game for absolutely nothing. So now I can pick up both Borderlands AND FIFA 10 instead of putting one off, and I have a brand-new Elite without having to wait even a day for shipping and repairs!

I never thought I'd be so happy to get the E74 message, but if it had waited just one more day, I'd have been stuck sending it off to Microsoft and would've missed at least a few weeks waiting for repairs.

Thank you, Microsoft, for creating a console incapable of lasting 2 years without a catastrophic system failure. My luck's usually pretty terrible, so it's nice to have something actually go right for a change...  :celb:

Guest SupermacTheLegend

My one's absolutely fine and will never go wrong.  Come on Fate, I jizz in your cornflakes!

Is it dead yet?  :razz:

Guest elbee909

My one's absolutely fine and will never go wrong.  Come on Fate, I jizz in your cornflakes!

Is it dead yet?  :razz:

I don't know, I went to pick up the controller and it exploded in my hands.  DAMN YOU FATE!