How do people survive things like this?

Colos Short and Curlies

i can't imagine the utter despair that mother must've been feeling as she surely thought she'd killed her kid. 

Just unimaginable really. Not to mention the relief when she found out her baby was fine.

Guest lankybellwipe

Survive or not, I'm sure that mother willl never, never, forgive herself, for what was a horrid accident, but she'll never see it that way. I'd have thrown myself under the next one!!

Survive or not, I'm sure that mother willl never, never, forgive herself, for what was a horrid accident, but she'll never see it that way. I'd have thrown myself under the next one!!

totally with you on this, LBW.  even after the let off i doubt if i could fully forgive myself...

Guest lankybellwipe

totally with you on this, LBW.   even after the let off i doubt if i could fully forgive myself...

Definately. (this could be dangerous) Those of us who aren't parents themselves,  won't absorb the full gravity of love and devotion, until they see their child, and nurture that child day in day out.  For something like this to happen, would  be too much to bear/live with as far as I'm concerned. The child lived in this case, and a day wouldn't go by, where I thank GOD for his safety!

Unfortunate accident tbh, glad they are ok, reckon if it was an adult or child by itself they'd had been killed, luckily the prams bounced along like a balloon rather than getting chewed up under the train. Very very lucky.

Wouldn't have happened if she wore proper shoes, daft bint.

Funny how the guys in the doorway actually shriek away as if its going to hurt them...funny peoples reactions at times.

Utterly horrific for all involved.

Would be hard not to be traumatised by something like that, even if (as it turned out in this case) the outcome was better than it might have been.

Guest toonlass

That is horrendous. I cannot imagine what those people felt. They must have been terrified when they saw the train coming.

If she wasn't wearing the ridiculous shoes women wear she'd have caught it.

if she wasn't wearing those shoes her arse wouldn't have looked pert and she wouldn't have got shagged to have the kid in the first place.

Why don't they just make the paving stones that run closest to the train with a bevel on them to prevent things like that happening?

Or should that go in the daft questions thread?  ???

I was thinking the same thing earlier. I came to the conclusion that (ironically enough) it would/could be seen by Health & Safety folks as a possible "trip hazard".

I feel sorry for the train driver tbh, I bet he s*** himself when he saw that buggy fall off the platform.

i'll bet he never seen it for his paper.

You shitting me? You reckon the driver wasn't even looking? What is the driver there for otherwise?

Why don't they just make the paving stones that run closest to the train with a bevel on them to prevent things like that happening?

I was thinking the same thing earlier. I came to the conclusion that (ironically enough) it would/could be seen by Health & Safety folks as a possible "trip hazard".

I feel sorry for the train driver tbh, I bet he s*** himself when he saw that buggy fall off the platform.

i'll bet he never seen it for his paper.

You shitting me? You reckon the driver wasn't even looking? What is the driver there for otherwise?

probably just to reassure the public and whinge about leaves on the line.

i can't imagine the utter despair that mother must've been feeling as she surely thought she'd killed her kid.  even joey barton never got a 2nd chance like this woman 

This. Thank fuck the baby is okay though.

As GM said, a tripping hazard.

What they need to do is to have the paving raise by an inch or so (so if anything rolled to the line, it would roll back), but then you'd need grating further back so the platform didn't flood.

Seen stations like that, think its too much cost to do them all like that just because one woman is dumb enough to let her pram roll off and on to the line. (yes i know it was an accident but end of the day whenever i've gone on the train/metro with the bairn in his pram i turn the pram away and stand back, if i'm even planning to let go the breaks go on, not that i think i would where there's trains or cars about. Common sense, something this woman lacks a lot of)