If you could...Three law changes that would make Britain better?

Parky

Mine.

1. Families earning over 70k would have to buy compulsory health insurance a percentage of which would go to the NHS.

2. The abolition of student loans and a return to grant based education with no fees.

3. No taxes of any kind for small businesses with a turnover of under a million a year for the first 3 years.

Mine.

1. Families earning over 70k would have to buy compulsory health insurance a percentage of which would go to the NHS.

2. The abolition of student loans and a return to grant based education with no fees.

3. No taxes of any kind for small businesses with a turnover of under a million a year for the first 3 years.

I see laws 1 and 3 leading to a decent increase in the amount of accounting fraud seen in Britain.

1. Legalise drugs and stuff. Sensibly though, not heroin as it's too naughty.

2. Remove the grammar school system.

3. Everyone in the country to read min 6 books a year.

Found it surprisingly hard to think of three. Pleased with those though.

1. Free sports classes for all kids outside of school

2. Any family earning over 40 k cant claim tax credits etc

3. Remove the house of lords

Like the first one.

Yup, kids n teens are bored.  Especially teens who hang about.  They re basicaly to old to kick about at home with the parents and to young for bars and clubs.  They are in limbo.

We could create a nation of super athletes!

Like the first one.

Yup, kids n teens are bored.  Especially teens who hang about.  They re basicaly to old to kick about at home with the parents and to young for bars and clubs.  They are in limbo.

Massive cliché but it's a bit depressing how little you see people actually playing sport compared to playing on their xbox etc.

Not blaming the console but the shift in attitude is a shame imo.

Like the first one.

Massive cliché but it's a bit depressing how little you see people actually playing sport compared to playing on their xbox etc.

Yep.

Get the kids into sports!

Like the first one.

I blame shit charver parents and their lack of will to be proper parents. I know personally I'd beg to go out and play football with my da' and mates. I know he couldn't always have a kickabout, but it was more than appreciated when he could. Yes, I liked my PlayStation, but it could never match a match du foot.

1. Anyone earning less than 20k a year doesnt get taxed on their wages.

2. End of Uni fees.

3. Religion classes at school are not allowed to concentrate on just 1 religion.

I could add others. Like your countries history has to be a compulsory class at school, up there with maths, english and science.

2. End of Uni fees.

3. Religion classes at school are not allowed to concentrate on just 1 religion.

How would you pay for all this? I'd be happy for kids doing Medicine / Maths / History etc. to go through Uni without fees as it's genuine education. I'm not subsidising whatever it is Ash does that mainly seems to involve making test tube holders.

2. End of Uni fees.

re: 1.

So what do you do once you go above 20k, are you saying everyone gets 20k tax free?

Guest Alan Shearer 9

In all seriousness I agree with

'2. The abolition of student loans and a return to grant based education with no fees.'

Emphatically. Education has become a joke, at least the university system. There are thousands of worthless degree courses which are a waste of time and fees are just going to go up to fund this horrendous system we have now whereby anyone can go to university no matter what grades you get.

Many of these students would be better off learning a trade, and we should return to an university system based on real merit, and not empowering idiots with their 2:1 in business studies or sports journalism or 'makin films an shit'.

Other than that I think priorities should be a massive increase in sex education at younger ages, we have the worst teenage pregnancy rate in europe or thereabouts which is a fucking disgrace. We should stop pandering to deluded repressive catholics and educate.

2. End of Uni fees.

So what do you do once you go above 20k, are you saying everyone gets 20k tax free?

Nah I just mean people who earn about £200 a week shouldnt lose about 30 of it to the tax man.

4. Parents will pay for any damage kids do to private property.  It will be taken from wages or income support, if they are on low wages or income support them it will be a small % of it.

Do you think the kids in question would give a shit?

2. End of Uni fees.

Nah I just mean people who earn about £200 a week shouldnt lose about 30 of it to the tax man.

I want spreadsheets and details for this proposal. It's not standing up at the moment.

I'm seeing those in the 20-25k bracket being raped. It's not like said wages are exactly stunning.

4. Parents will pay for any damage kids do to private property.  It will be taken from wages or income support, if they are on low wages or income support them it will be a small % of it.

Do you think the kids in question would give a s***?

Maybe not but the parents of the said kids may start taking parenting more seriously when they have to pay for shit, Ie not getting their fags/tak or beer cos little bastard head smashed a bus stop up.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

2. End of Uni fees.

How would you pay for all this?

He wouldn't, the country would go to absolute shit if Decky ran it. Run a massive deficit that cripples the country and leaves society in a shambles ready for Al Quaeda to take over.