Milner, sell or keep

Skirge
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This could be a close poll.

I know a lot on here highly rate Milner but for me his crossing is as poor as can be.

I cannot fault the lads effort or drive but when all of that comes to nothing time after time its just not good enough.

His corners hit the first man or go out of play on the other side, we are never going to score goals with crosses and corner like that.

If Villa are willing to give us good money for him and we havea player  lined  as a replacement then I would sell him.

Guest Toongaboom

Given

Solano Moore Ramage Milner

Dyer    Parker Zoggy  Duff

Sibierski

Martins

Guest the_guv_nor

Sell if Roeder stays, keep if we get a new manager in.

if you were going to get rid of milner under roeder we could sell Duff, because duff has been far worse than milner.

Guest Action Verb

Sell, or play just off the frontman. Because as a crosser of the ball he's woeful.

Palermo?

One good game and cross from how many? How many times have people been moaning about his inability to beat his man or wrap a decent cross round?

if you were going to get rid of milner under roeder we could sell Duff, because duff has been far worse than milner.

True enough.  Anyone could be candidates for a sale under him, he's making some of our better players look distinctly average.  Much like a previous manager did...

Guest the_guv_nor

True enough.  Anyone could be candidates for a sale under him, he's making some of our better players look distinctly average.  Much like a previous manager did...

the problem is the positions Roeder is playing the likes of Duff and Milner, when milner plays on the wing he is cutting into the centre to much in my oppinion, he should be playing on the wing whipping in the crosses like nobby used to.

Duff as played Right wing, Left wing, left back and as a striker... i dont think he knows whether he is coming or going.

I can only think the problem with Milner is a knock-on effect of the low confidence in the team as a whole. That or the effect of the transfer deadline day badness.

He was absolutely excellent for us last season, our best player by a mile, he's young and highly promising and will only get better. Duff is a quality player, too. These aren't players who have suddenly got shit, they're players who are playing badly and not being motivated by the manager to do any better.

Getting shot of the players isn't the answer (much as I'd like Milner back), getting shot of the manager is.

I can only think the problem with Milner is a knock-on effect of the low confidence in the team as a whole. That or the effect of the transfer deadline day badness.

He was absolutely excellent for us last season, our best player by a mile, he's young and highly promising and will only get better. Duff is a quality player, too. These aren't players who have suddenly got shit, they're players who are playing badly and not being motivated by the manager to do any better.

Getting shot of the players isn't the answer (much as I'd like Milner back), getting shot of the manager is.

Spot on. I know its what he does for us that counts but some people fail to see he actually has a lot of quality and this was proved by his stint with your lot!

Milner is the fucking reason the team is underperforming. Okay, a bit harsh, but Milners way of playing is not affected by what the rest of the team is doing. He still only knows how to do one thing: run and then put a terrible cross in. Why does he think that he should take corners and freekicks?

Milner is the ****ing reason the team is underperforming. Okay, a bit harsh, but Milners way of playing is not affected by what the rest of the team is doing. He still only knows how to do one thing: run and then put a terrible cross in. Why does he think that he should take corners and freekicks?

Maybe a touch huh!

Guest the_guv_nor

Milner is the ****ing reason the team is underperforming. Okay, a bit harsh, but Milners way of playing is not affected by what the rest of the team is doing. He still only knows how to do one thing: run and then put a terrible cross in. Why does he think that he should take corners and freekicks?

[/quote

did you see him play for villa last year?

he didnt take a free kick today!

Given

Solano Moore Ramage Milner

Dyer     Parker Zoggy   Duff

Sibierski

Martins

no place for Taylor, Owen or Emre  :lol: :lol:

and Solano and Milner as fullbacks?  blueconfused.gif

Guest the_guv_nor

Did you see him playing for villa last year?

he didnt take a free kick today.

Did you see him playing for villa last year?

he didnt take a free kick today.

I did see him play for Villa last year. Never rated him that highly then, thought he looked decent, but nothing more.

I know he didn't take a free kick, but he was still there and wanted to take them.