candidates for a new defender

Guest alexharrisonnufc

Guest alexharrisonnufc

who would you sign, i would sign matthew upson as i think he is a great defemder who is too good for the championship

Want to see more of that Lugano fella who played for Fenerbahce, looked a class act against us (even though he was up against a poor attack) in the same way Woodgate looked a class act whenever he played.

Good shout.

Guest alexharrisonnufc

John Terry would be an O.K. replacement for Titus Bramble. But I kinda have doubts that it's going to happen.

same here

Upson would do us a decent job IMO, and he'd be pretty cheap with Birmingham being a league below. Importantly, I think he'd be desperate to come here.

Not sure, people were saying he was out of contract at the end of the season then it came out he still had 18 months left. They were hardly raped over Heskey and Pennant either!

Distin, Distin, Distin. The city fans are bricking it at the thought of him leaving, they would rather he left for nothing than leave halfway through the season. He keeps their defence together.

He was a monster today and has been everytime i have seen him play over the past 3 years, he is big strong and better than our whole team combined in the air.

Sure we could get alot better, but for the price and what he offers in experience i would take him in an instant and he is a leader. Something we sorely need. Something Upson certainly isnt.

Id be ecstatic if we could get a decent LB/RB and Distin. Obviously we need a couple of decent strikers aswell though.

Realistically,

Moritz Volz, Sylvain Distin, Wayne Bridge

£1m, £2m, £3m.

Not really bothered about Volz, but i think he is a good player and is better than Carr, and a realistic option for the likes of us - he'd improve the squad. Thing is, i'd still want Taylor as my first choice right-back anyway. I'd have Taylor at right-back now. Carr is just shocking, and i've never seen Taylor perfom badly there, apart from on his full debut.

Distin's a good shout. He's what we need - a leader at the back with experience, and a proven quality in this league. Signing this Navarro fella is a bad idea and he'll probably turn out to a typical foreign flop. Distin however is proven. Plus, we should get him fairly cheap because of his contract expiration in the summer.

Bridge is top class. It's just a case of getting him here.