Is boycotting ultimately the only way to force Ashley out eventually?

Guest neesy111

Guest Roger Kint

Apologies for that, I just saw you questioning Moat's ability to run the club based on him being unwilling to pay the cash up front but IMO (and Phil's too it seems) the questions about being able to run the club well would still be there had he or anyone else done so.

It's up to Ashley as to why we're still here unsold; he didn't like the terms being offered to him. I disagree that those terms paint Moat in a bad light.

There is some evidence suggesting Moat doesnt have the ability to finance this clubs costs though. The struggle to afford the fee highlights this and was the entire basis of what i was saying otherwise Ashley wouldnt have dropped the price just for him. We know nothing of who is backing him therefore cant assume they are wealthy enough to handle this club, hence all my questions about whether its a fair price for us as a club. Its a huge leap of faith to say they can do it without any knowledge of them and there is a big risk if they cant wheras for all Ashleys massive failing we do at least know he can afford it. There was never any discussion from me about Ashley and what he wanted as its self explanitory that he didnt get what he wanted otherwise he would have sold up.

Apology accepted btw O0

I'm not convinced he's struggling to afford it, I think he's just being a businessman. Like Ashley wasn't when he bought the club.

Of course I know no more than you about his backers etc. I just think it's an extremely expensive and poisoned chalice at present (and Ashley is being a twat about what he wants) so it's no surprise nobody has given him exactly what he wants.

Guest neesy111

I'm not convinced he's struggling to afford it, I think he's just being a businessman. Like Ashley wasn't when he bought the club.

Of course I know no more than you about his backers etc. I just think it's an extremely expensive and poisoned chalice at present (and Ashley is being a twat about what he wants) so it's no surprise nobody has given him exactly what he wants.

i totally agree with dave here

moat was trying to get the club for what he thought it was worth, he may of had another 80M to pump into the club, probably because it needed a significant amount to keep us running and to get shearer the transfer funds neccessary to get the club back-up and stay up

Guest Roger Kint

Of course I know no more than you about his backers etc. I just think it's an extremely expensive and poisoned chalice at present (and Ashley is being a t*** about what he wants) so it's no surprise nobody has given him exactly what he wants.

moat was trying to get the club for what he thought it was worth, he may of had another 80M to pump into the club, probably because it needed a significant amount to keep us running and to get shearer the transfer funds neccessary to get the club back-up and stay up

So why has he given up? Nothing is unsellable to Ashley.

Of course I know no more than you about his backers etc. I just think it's an extremely expensive and poisoned chalice at present (and Ashley is being a t*** about what he wants) so it's no surprise nobody has given him exactly what he wants.

He doesn't want to pay more than the club's worth?

Guest Roger Kint

Its worth more than £80m and certainly more that £60m plus add ons thats for sure.

Its worth more than £80m and certainly more that £60m plus add ons thats for sure.

That must be why buyers are lining up to snap Ashley's hand off then.

Guest Roger Kint

Remarkable as this may sound should we go one better than Keegans team and win the Championship then £100m will be a very good price given the huge rise in TV, Sponsorship, shirt deals etc, even by going straight back down would make a profit in theory however survival would obviously be better. You will have to ask the 6 interested parties or the two offers of £100m that we had(yeah right) to see why they didnt buy us, or in fact whether it was really for sale....

Remarkable as this may sound should we go one better than Keegans team and win the Championship then £100m will be a very good price given the huge rise in TV, Sponsorship, shirt deals etc, even by going straight back down would make a profit in theory however survival would obviously be better. You will have to ask the 6 interested parties or the two offers of £100m that we had(yeah right) to see why they didnt buy us, or in fact whether it was really for sale....

eh ?

Guest Roger Kint

eh ?

LLLO's sig ;D

So you are pricing the club based on getting promotion despite the fact we've only played 15 games yet? Then you wonder why the club hasn't been sold....

Guest Roger Kint

So you are pricing the club based on getting promotion despite the fact we've only played 15 games yet? Then you wonder why the club hasn't been sold....

Of course not, considering the post clearly has the word 'should' at the start its a leap of faith based on what should happen with the right leadership and a little investment. When you buy a house to do up do you look at what it is then or what potential it has? Similar concept in that way, this club has huge potential far above £80m to £100m which is something even Ashley has noticed, you will too one day.

It won't be a good price at all. Simply due to the massive investment needed on the first team for us to even compete and not disgrace ourselves.

Guest Roger Kint

It won't be a good price at all. Simply due to the massive investment needed on the first team for us to even compete and not disgrace ourselves.

They let you keep the Premier League money even if you go down, am not saying its easy to stay there but its not disaster if the owner had a well ran club. Not every team has used massive investment to stay up anyway, sensible recruitment, scouting etc can work wonders for most other managers. Prority would be to stay up, competing at any level ie top 10 is light years ahead of what people need to be looking at.

Of course not, considering the post clearly has the word 'should' at the start its a leap of faith based on what should happen with the right leadership and a little investment. When you buy a house to do up do you look at what it is then or what potential it has? Similar concept in that way, this club has huge potential far above £80m to £100m which is something even Ashley has noticed, you will too one day.

Maybe both you and Ashley will one day realise no one pays more money based on potentially going up, especially without crucial investment in the squad which would make the chances more certain. There again, not many people are daft enough to buy without due diligence so maybe crediting fatty with the ability to learn is doing him more credit than he deserves.

I'm honestly not sure why someone hasn't stumped up the money for the club... I would have thought £100m was an absolute bargain. I thought we would be one of the easiest clubs in the country to sell at that price.

From my (biased I admit) point of view I'd have thought we were a business valued without regard to future potential and with a large captive customer base.

Guest Roger Kint

Re: BigTron

For gods sake its hardly the biggest gamble in the world for us to go up is it? Are you oblivious to the real world or something? Here on planet Earth NUFC are top of the Championship and with a little investment and a few more loans would rape this league, for the sake of £20m i seriously cant beleive you are arguing this, you make double that without playing a game next season once you factor in the new shirts etc. Yes the squad needs more players but theres plenty of value in actually scounting players, signing people who arent just on a payday and heaven forbid having a manager who gets the best out of his team.

Guest neesy111

I'm honestly not sure why someone hasn't stumped up the money for the club... I would have thought £100m was an absolute bargain. I thought we would be one of the easiest clubs in the country to sell at that price.

From my (biased I admit) point of view I'd have thought we were a business valued without regard to future potential and with a large captive customer base.

:idiot2: :idiot2:

who pays 100m for a club that's in the championship and is losing 20m a season, with a very high wage bill

when you could pick-up a club like west brom or boro for around 30M

Guest Roger Kint

who pays 100m for a club that's in the championship and is losing 20m a season, with a very high wage bill

Yeah Boro have no debts and a huge loyal fanbase that wouldnt need huge investment.......

Could you? If that's the case then obviously I'm a mong. It wouldn't be the first time I'd been massively wrong.

Think one mental smilie would have done mind!

Stand by the fact that we have the potential to be worth around £400m, with a bit of good management and some decent progress on the pitch.

For gods sake its hardly the biggest gamble in the world for us to go up is it? Are you oblivious to the real world or something? Here on planet Earth NUFC are top of the Championship and with a little investment and a few more loans would rape this league, for the sake of £20m i seriously cant beleive you are arguing this, you make double that without playing a game next season once you factor in the new shirts etc. Yes the squad needs more players but theres plenty of value in actually scounting players, signing people who arent just on a payday and heaven forbid having a manager who gets the best out of his team.

Don't throw a wobbly at me mate, I'm not buying the club unless the price drops to £100 or so. Send a mass e-mail to the Sheikhs, Yanks, South Africans, Koreans etc. Obviously they are too dense to realise what a massive opportunity they are missing out on here.

Guest Roger Kint

Don't throw a wobbly at me mate, I'm not buying the club unless the price drops to £100 or so. Send a mass e-mail to the Sheikhs, Yanks, South Africans, Koreans etc. Obviously they are too dense to realise what a massive opportunity they are missing out on here.

You think thats a wobbly? Awww bless.