Is boycotting ultimately the only way to force Ashley out eventually?

Guest neesy111

The problem with this is that it will have a far more negative impact than a crap manager and chairman ever could.

On what ? The inept performances the crap players are already putting in? The cash flow to the club which is limited by the incompetent chairman ?

More negative press, extra pressure on players, more "fuck you" attitudes from Ashley, in-fighting between those who want to boycott and those who don't, horrible atmosphere in the ground afterwards?

I understand the idea but think it's ultimately going to end up more harmful.

Guest Brazilianbob

As has already been said the team are going to be s*** with or without our support.  Boycott the games so that any prospective buyer is put off by the lack of income.  Ashley has already reduced the price by £20m this week, if he/the club continues to haemorrhage money eventually he will end up having to do a Bates at Chelsea and sell the club for £1 only, thus losing around £234m in total.  That would give me a great deal of satisfaction after the turmoil he has put us all through.

More negative press, extra pressure on players, more "f*** you" attitudes from Ashley, in-fighting between those who want to boycott and those who don't, horrible atmosphere in the ground afterwards?

I understand the idea but think it's ultimately going to end up more harmful.

This is where I think it's different now though, all of the press seem to be happy to have a go at Ashley and appear to be behind the fans for ones. I don't care to much about negative press though if it removes the real fault at the club. We know who that is if they don't thats their issue. I believe if it was planned well you wouldn't end up with in fighting I don't doubt it may be a horrible atmosphere though.

As has already been said the team are going to be s*** with or without our support.  Boycott the games so that any prospective buyer is put off by the lack of income.  Ashley has already reduced the price by £20m this week, if he/the club continues to haemorrhage money eventually he will end up having to do a Bates at Chelsea and sell the club for £1 only, thus losing around £234m in total.  That would give me a great deal of satisfaction after the turmoil he has put us all through.

And ill bid £1.51 and become the new owner of NUFC, Ill use my full £36k salary on new players. :-)

it sounds great but it relies on another abramovich being out there, also contrast the respective league positions of chelsea then and us now.

(could someone please edit the title to the correct spelling of 'boycoutt' )

Money is all Ashley understands, so if he stays cut off the supply.

I'd rather get put into administration than put up with this s*** any longer, but he'd accept anything he could get for it rather than loose it all.

if we cut off the money, and he see's he could lose even more, he'll try for a quick sale instantly

Couldn't agree more with both the above comments, the fat bastard is just cutting down costs until the club turns a profit to get his money back while laughing at the loyal fans who keep turning up.

If attendances started to drop and the club started to cost him a lot of money then he would get rid of for a song. I would not like to see an empty St James park but it is the only way to get that fat bastard and his sidekick to leave. While there is revenue, a 'yes' man in Hughton and the likelyhood of promotion he will be going nowhere.

Guest Roger Kint

This would be hillarious if it wasnt our club.

Force him to sell? By starving the club of money we increase the overdraft, the overdraft which STAYS with the club when somedoby buys us. The only person remotely interested cant afford the bastard thing now let alone after lumping a few million on top!

Reality check. Lower crowds will lead to further sales. End of!

Force him to sell? By starving the club of money we increase the overdraft, the overdraft which STAYS with the club when somedoby buys us. The only person remotely interested cant afford the b****** thing now let alone after lumping a few million on top!

Further player sales you mean? Lol, don't make me laugh, you honestly think that Geremi won't be gone in the summer when his contract expiress and that Ashley won't snap anybody's hand off who offers to take Butt, Nolan, Smith, Colo, Enrique of our hands?

Ashley is a very bitter sad man, he won't take kindly to the mocking and will drive this club into the ground with fools like Hughton who won't say a word against him. All he is doing is slowly drawing his money out of the club and I am sure he will be delighted when he has left us in Division 2.

Guest Roger Kint

Force him to sell? By starving the club of money we increase the overdraft, the overdraft which STAYS with the club when somedoby buys us. The only person remotely interested cant afford the b****** thing now let alone after lumping a few million on top!

Further player sales you mean? Lol, don't make me laugh, you honestly think that Geremi won't be gone in the summer when his contract expiress and that Ashley won't snap anybody's hand off who offers to take Butt, Nolan, Smith, Colo, Enrique of our hands?

Ashley is a very bitter sad man, he won't take kindly to the mocking and will drive this club into the ground with fools like Hughton who won't say a word against him. All he is doing is slowly drawing his money out of the club and I am sure he will be delighted when he has left us in Division 2.

I have tried reading that a few times and for the life of me cant work out how its not what i actually said to you in the first place. If he starts losing money due to lower crwds he will sell in January. I should be amazed you cant understand that but having read the second part of your post its fairly obvious you are barking mad. Ashley is taking what exactly out of the club? :idiot2: :mackems:

I have tried reading that a few times and for the life of me cant work out how its not what i actually said to you in the first place. If he starts losing money due to lower crwds he will sell in January. I should be amazed you cant understand that but having read the second part of your post its fairly obvious you are barking mad. Ashley is taking what exactly out of the club? :idiot2: :mackems:

Apart from the piss, he is taking his money out of the club slowly but surely.

And the club has a set overdraft that Ashley can only exceed on a personal guarantee.

Ok show us what money he has took out then?

How can I show you what money he took out? I don't work at the club, but wages are now in check, parachute payment, no money spent on players yet club still pull in 40k crowds and get TV and advertising revenue, the club obviously isn't losing money or he would have sold it by now.

There was an article in the Mirror the other day pointing out that Ashley was talking bollox when he said is was costing him 20 Million a year and stating that the figures don't add up so yet another lie.

Lets just say there are bidders for Smith, Butt, Nolan, etc how much money do you think Ashley would spend?

I can only see two things that'll make him sell up. 1- Promotion. 2- A serious dip in form that makes promotion look unlikely.

Either way, he won't be selling up any time soon. He's waiting to see how things pan out.

Guest Roger Kint

How can I show you what money he took out? I don't work at the club, but wages are now in check, parachute payment, no money spent on players yet club still pull in 40k crowds and get TV and advertising revenue, the club obviously isn't losing money or he would have sold it by now.

There was an article in the Mirror the other day pointing out that Ashley was talking bollox when he said is was costing him 20 Million a year and stating that the figures don't add up so yet another lie.

Lets just say there are bidders for Smith, Butt, Nolan, etc how much money do you think Ashley would spend?

So basically you spouted shit and now want a new stance on it? Wages are not in check, they are still massive ffs, crowds are still down on last years loss making year and your comprehension of parachute payments as opposed to Premier League money is actually beyond mockery ;D

The club can 'survive' on its overdraft til the end of the season at present, to laughably claim its now making enough to have Ashley taking a wedge out is just plaim stupid!

As for bidders, so what? Cant you even read what i said about that TWICE now or are you mentally incapable?

So basically you spouted s*** and now want a new stance on it? Wages are not in check, they are still massive ffs, crowds are still down on last years loss making year and your comprehension of parachute payments as opposed to Premier League money is actually beyond mockery ;D

The club can 'survive' on its overdraft til the end of the season at present, to laughably claim its now making enough to have Ashley taking a wedge out is just plaim stupid!

As for bidders, so what? Cant you even read what i said about that TWICE now or are you mentally incapable?

Firstly may I say it never ceases to amaze me that people on this board have to resort to personal insults when having a discussion, no need really.

Why have I spouted s***? What makes you such an authority on club matters? I have a view just like yours but don't resort to calling you mad or mentally incapable.

OK Mr Club finances, I am more than happy for you to provide black & white evidence of why the club is losing money hand over fist although I doubt you will.

Club can survive until the end of the season on it's overdraft, lol. Don't make me laugh, if it was that much in the s*** Ashley would have sold it for £1 but it clearly is and has the potential to make a lot more money which is why he is still here.

No idea what you going on about with the bidders thing? You said without crowds there will be further player sales, I said there will be further player sales regardless of whether there are crowds or not! My point is that with a full St James Park every week Ashley will still sell players and spend f*** all. Not really all that difficult is it?

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/simon-bird/Once-again-Mike-Ashley-s-numbers-just-don-t-add-up-article194037.html Here's the article btw but I am sure you are much more of an authority than both the Journalist and I.

Guest Roger Kint

So basically to prevent you having to prove your outlandish claims you expect me to disprove your vaguel generalisation that Ashley is making money?

I never used a personal insult, I asked a question, if you cant see that i have addressed that TWICE then more fool you.

How about you back up your claims before asking me to introduce basic maths to you?

Guest Roger Kint

Surely our income from other sources has fallen so much that we'll still need to sell players even if SJP is full every week?

We were in dire financial poop even in the premiership.

Stop talking common sense man ;D

So basically to prevent you having to prove your outlandish claims you expect me to disprove your vaguel generalisation that Ashley is making money?

I never used a personal insult, I asked a question, if you cant see that i have addressed that TWICE then more fool you.

How about you back up your claims before asking me to introduce basic maths to you?

What claims are those? That in my opinion Ashley isn't losing money hand over fist at NUFC? As I have stated before I don't work at the club so cannot prove anything, guess we will just have to wait until the next accounts, although from reading the last accounts we had 23 milliion debt, turnover at 99 million and wages at 70 million. Now wages are about 30 million? and whilst turnover will no doubt have dropped I am pretty sure the club will make a profit (IMO).

We where in financial poop but I (my opinion again) don't think we are anymore.