Is boycotting ultimately the only way to force Ashley out eventually?

Guest neesy111

Guest Roger Kint

"I wouldn't be bothered if that meant the club went into admin and got relegated"

:facepalm:

It's not just a case of stopping going to matches, Ashley loses money, sells up/administration, everything happy again...but some people just don't see it.

Didnt you know that administration = guaranteed short term improvement?

Have a look at Leeds and Southampton. Great examples of how a team is immediately transformed after a visit from the administrators

"I wouldn't be bothered if that meant the club went into admin and got relegated"

It's not just a case of stopping going to matches, Ashley loses money, sells up/administration, everything happy again...but some people just don't see it.

Have a look at Leeds and Southampton. Great examples of how a team is immediately transformed after a visit from the administrators

I never said anything about short term improvement and I never said everything would be happy again. I would take relegation/administration if it meant:

We could start to talk about the football again

As a club we would stop being a complete joke off the field

The fans/city were treat with a little respect

We had a long term plan in place, including a permanent manager

Guest neesy111

big difference both teams we're already relegated

Pardon my ignorance, but isn't he offering the club away for a cut price £80m?

Do we really need to 'force him out' if he's clearly trying to get out?

We don't know that. All we 'know' is that he apparently wants £80m up front. Might still want the other £20m (and perhaps even more) in the future.

Guest Roger Kint

big difference both teams we're already relegated

Oh thank god, i must have dreamt what went on last season then ;D

This would be hillarious if it wasnt our club.

Force him to sell? By starving the club of money we increase the overdraft, the overdraft which STAYS with the club when somedoby buys us. The only person remotely interested cant afford the b****** thing now let alone after lumping a few million on top!

Reality check. Lower crowds will lead to further sales. End of!

correct, he will just sell more players in January and not replace them. Ashley will only leave the club when he can sell the club.

Guest essayfc

Looking at this from the outside I can't see what good a boycott would do. It seems to me that Ashley has backtracked on the quick sale because of your good start to the season. He clearly hopes that once promoted he will be able to sell at a higher price. You therefore need each other for the rest of the season. You supporting the club both vocally and financially will be the only way to encourage him to make some kind of investment in January. I am pretty sure that there are serious wealthy interested parties out there but they want a Premiership club. I think he will be prepared to invest a few million in January in the hope/belief that he will get it back when he sells the club after promotion.

Looking at this from the outside I can't see what good a boycott would do. It seems to me that Ashley has backtracked on the quick sale because of your good start to the season. He clearly hopes that once promoted he will be able to sell at a higher price. You therefore need each other for the rest of the season. You supporting the club both vocally and financially will be the only way to encourage him to make some kind of investment in January. I am pretty sure that there are serious wealthy interested parties out there but they want a Premiership club. I think he will be prepared to invest a few million in January in the hope/belief that he will get it back when he sells the club after promotion.

Anybody buying us in the summer is throwing money down the drain because we'd have very little chance of staying up if promoted.  Very few of our players are good enough to make an impact on the Premiership and we don't have a decent backroom either.  If we were bought in the summer we'd have to virtually start with nothing.

The time to take over would be now when something could be put in place to ease the transition to the Premiership rather then binning the whole setup.

Guest neesy111

nice to see the majority of fans still won't do fuck all, despite this club heading down to league 1, we are our worst enemy at times

ffs there was more protests with shepherd at the club

nice to see the majority of fans still won't do f*** all, despite this club heading down to league 1, we are our worst enemy at times

we are a long way from that

Guest Roger Kint

nice to see the majority of fans still won't do f*** all, despite this club heading down to league 1, we are our worst enemy at times

How many games would we need of 80%(excluding corporates & away fans) boycotts to either force him out or force administration? Serious in your opinion what do you think? You enjoy talking the talk, how about basing your words on firm evidence?

Guest Roger Kint

I don't think it needs to be a permanent boycott. I think to be a show of action it would need to be a one off thing with all the fans outside the stadium instead of inside. Just has to get the message across.

Yeah cos Ashley has no idea that we are a disgruntled bunch..... :rolleyes:

I don't think it needs to be a permanent boycott. I think to be a show of action it would need to be a one off thing with all the fans outside the stadium instead of inside. Just has to get the message across.

Yeah cos Ashley has no idea that we are a disgruntled bunch..... :rolleyes:

:sadnod: Aye. He clearly could'nt/wouldn't give a tom tit. Just wants his precious 100

Boycotting, fuck me. Going to the games is the only enjoyable part of supporting this club at the moment.

Catching up with people and having a few pints is the only enjoyable part for me.

Guest Roger Kint

Boycotting, f*** me. Going to the games is the only enjoyable part of supporting this club at the moment.

Catching up with people and having a few pints is the only enjoyable part for me.

Same here, this boycott rubbish is people just enjoying the idea that they think they can change things by typing it on a forum.

Boycotting, f*** me. Going to the games is the only enjoyable part of supporting this club at the moment.

Same here, this boycott rubbish is people just enjoying the idea that they think they can change things by typing it on a forum.

Whereas doing nothing helps everything ?

Sometimes we have to accept things we can't change. We don't have to like it, but we have to face the reality of the situation... enjoy the match, support the team and hope the club is sold as soon as possible - that's the lot of toon fans at the moment.

Guest Roger Kint

Typical nothing answer tbh. Surely doing nothing is boycotting? Supporting the team through this dark period is doing something

Typical nothing answer tbh. Surely doing nothing is boycotting? Supporting the team through this dark period is doing something

Supporting the team is totally different to trying to do something to force the man at the top out. Previous owners have been forced out with the help of the local press and a willing businessman those days seem to have gone though.

I support the lads on the pitch as much as the next man and will be one of the "mugs" who continues to buy my season ticket season after season cause I love watching my club play football, but if a protest for one match could help in any way to help the club move forward I'd be more than happy to join in.

Sometimes we have to accept things we can't change. We don't have to like it, but we have to face the reality of the situation... enjoy the match, support the team and hope the club is sold as soon as possible - that's the lot of toon fans at the moment.

This I fear is the best we can hope for, for a long time yet.

Guest Roger Kint

Supporting the team is totally different to trying to do something to force the man at the top out. Previous owners have been forced out with the help of the local press and a willing businessman those days seem to have gone though.

I support the lads on the pitch as much as the next man and will be one of the "mugs" who continues to buy my season ticket season after season cause I love watching my club play football, but if a protest for one match could help in any way to help the club move forward I'd be more than happy to join in.

Explain how a ONE match boycott would do anything? Wouldnt the smug grin on Ashleys face the next home game say it all? Watching tens of thousands of fans flooding back to him thinking they have made a difference while he pisses himself over it.