The Rant Thread (May contain knee-jerk reactions)

The Prophet

I'll admit I've given my support to Mike Ashley. I was supportive when he bought us from Shepherd, I refused to admit his transfer system was all bad, I even remained neutral through the Keegan debacle but there comes a time when every man has to scream "GET THE FUCK OUT OF OUR CLUB!"

The so called take over is tedious, is it on? Is it off? Quite frankly I couldn't give a fuck anymore. It's becoming ever more apparent our paper thin squad is going to struggle even at this level. Yet the fat bastard fails to see come or go investment is needed. Barry Moat might not be able to afford the club but yet his potential reign looks like a dream, albeit a distant one. He may not have the resources but at least he will have an ounce of common sense and who knows? The integrity our current owner so inherently lacks.

His stupidity is so overwhelming I'm even starting to think conspiracies. Is he doing it out of spite? Surely no one is this dumb? I couldn't believe my ears when he let his so called transfer team recommend a player they'd only viewed on Youtube, you just couldn't make it up and yet that's just one of succession of fucking beauties we hear about day after day in the press. I'm even starting to believe Llambias ran bollock naked across SJP.

By his own admittance he does not know how to run a football club. Well why the fuck is he still here then? His latest decision looking like appointing a manager on the back of a poor run of performances. This is a man who fell woefully short in the Premier League and I know, he's a likeable chap, but going by the player's motivation alone it's looking like the early season magic is rubbing off by the day.

I've always accepted Ashley made mistakes but I always thought he could redeem them, oh how I underestimated his idiocy. The man is a fucking disaster and great news it looks like he's hear to stay, pass me a bloody noose it's going to be a long season.

I've been saying for while now that what Ashley has done/is doing to this football club is personal, for the way the fans turned on him when KK left. It's all about revenge and putting us in our place. Some of his comments at the weekend are proof of that.

Speculate to accumulate. Dodgy blokes who sell packets of ham down the local boozer understand this concept - multi-millionaire business owner Mike Ashley doesn't seemingly.

He gambled on the club's top-flight status last season and it cost him deep in the only place that matters to him - his pockets. But has he learned his lesson? No. Spending a total of say, £5m on a manager's wages and some players would give us an almost guaranteed spot back in the Premier League and the higher gates and huge TV money that he'd be drooling over. But seemingly, he'd rather take another risk on Hughton and this paper-thin squad and just hope that we get there through sheer luck. With the benefit of hindsight, the early season good form was papering over cracks on a huge scale, and it leaves us in an awful position.

Even if we gain promotion from Ashley's huge gamble, we're going straight back down again. He's not going to sell it at £80m back in the Premier League, let alone the inflated price he intends to sell it at when we get promoted. This squad would break Derby's lowest ever points record, even with twenty loans and bargain basement additions.

It's dawned on me after tonight's defeat that there really is no light at the end of the tunnel. The minute Hughton is announced as our 'proper' manager, that's it. We are doomed for at least two seasons, maybe more. Until that day, there's that slight hope that Moat might buy the club and we get a manager in. And that's why I'm clinging to that, the improbable dream.

Speculate to accumulate. Dodgy blokes who sell packets of ham down the local boozer understand this concept - multi-millionaire business owner Mike Ashley doesn't seemingly.

He gambled on the club's top-flight status last season and it cost him deep in the only place that matters to him - his pockets. But has he learned his lesson? No. Spending a total of say, £5m on a manager's wages and some players would give us an almost guaranteed spot back in the Premier League and the higher gates and huge TV money that he'd be drooling over. But seemingly, he'd rather take another risk on Hughton and this paper-thin squad and just hope that we get there through sheer luck. With the benefit of hindsight, the early season good form was papering over cracks on a huge scale, and it leaves us in an awful position.

Even if we gain promotion from Ashley's huge gamble, we're going straight back down again. He's not going to sell it at £80m back in the Premier League, let alone the inflated price he intends to sell it at when we get promoted. This squad would break Derby's lowest ever points record, even with twenty loans and bargain basement additions.

It's dawned on me after tonight's defeat that there really is no light at the end of the tunnel. The minute Hughton is announced as our 'proper' manager, that's it. We are doomed for at least two seasons, maybe more. Until that day, there's that slight hope that Moat might buy the club and we get a manager in. And that's why I'm clinging to that, the improbable dream.

He's just got us mixed up with one of his sports shops. Buy shite and charge to much for it.

Realistically we shouldn't have beaten Cardiff, Leicester and perhaps even Sheff Wed. We're very lucky to be in 2nd place.

yep. we looked poor even when we were winning games and top of the league. we were coasting by on the fact we had players with end product and because this league is fucking terrible. We just don't look like a 'team' and that is down to not having a manager. Yes we are crying out for some strengthening of our unbalanced squad but a better manager would've gotten more from what he had at his disposal today. As shit as they are, Lovenkrands or Harewood, Jonas or Guthrie and so on would walk into pretty much any other side in the division.

Realistically we shouldn't have beaten Cardiff, Leicester and perhaps even Sheff Wed. We're very lucky to be in 2nd place.

Agreed but having Taylor and Coloccini meant we had a half chance of keeping a clean sheet.

Them being injured has also meant Hughton has dragged Simpson central where he's been utter shit. He's dropped Taylor, our delivery of a cross into full back and played two big men up top who miss the delivery from Taylor. It's really knackered the whole balance of the side. Mind you Hughton has made matters worse with his tactical choices and his lack of any form of game plan.

yep. we looked poor even when we were winning games and top of the league. we were coasting by on the fact we had players with end product and because this league is f***ing terrible. We just don't look like a 'team' and that is down to not having a manager. Yes we are crying out for some strengthening of our unbalanced squad but a better manager would've gotten more from what he had at his disposal today. As s*** as they are, Lovenkrands or Harewood, Jonas or Guthrie and so on would walk into pretty much any other side in the division.

We've got no motivation or balance in our team.  Most, if not all of our players would walk into any team in this league but not all together as we've got good individuals but they don't make a good team.

We’ve been crying out for something different in midfield where we’ve usually played 4 cloggers yet Hughton thought that the way around that was to introduce Geremi, the slowest player on the planet.  You would need a time lapse camera to prove he was actually moving.  In fact, you’d need that type of camera to prove any of our midfield were moving.

Is this rotten run of form going to be enough to convince compulsive gambler Mike Ashley that he needs to speculate to accumulate? Past evidence suggests not.

Seems they agree with me.

Guest icemanblue

Oh aye, you're the only other person that believes he has to 'speculate to accumulate'.  You should write them a letter.

Oh aye, you're the only other person that believes he has to 'speculate to accumulate'.  You should write them a letter.

:lol: nah, I've just got in and was skimming through their match write up when I saw that little piece at the end, and promptly thought: "Hey, I wrote that in my HTT-lite post last night."