Newcastle vs. Doncaster - Pre-match Thread - 24/10/09 - K/O @ 15:00

ChrisMcQuillan

Guest Roger Kint

Will be interesting to see what the crowd is. I reckon just above 30k.

Didn't realise just how tight this league was now we've lost our way a bit. Just 6 points between 1st & 12th.

Still think about 39k. Most people will probably have bought tickets before this weeks mess

Doncaster are 18th arent they? Cant be that decent  :frantic:

In this division any team can win games, it's just that sort of league. What position were Scunny in before last night?? Donny have looked good every time I've seen them on the box, maybe they aren't as good the rest of the time but from what I have seen they always seem to move the ball quikly and fluently.

Chris Hughton keeps peddling this line that this is a tough division,and constantly harps on about hardened Championship sides. The truth is of course, that the vast majority of the teams in this league are shit. Utter shit. It's just that we don't have enough quality to rise above them ourselves.

Harper

Simpson  Khiz    Coloccini  Enrique

R Taylor    Nolan    Butt      Jonas

Ranger    Carroll

SUBS: Krul, Kadar, Geremi, Guthrie, Vuckic, Harewood, Lovenkrands

Butt for Guthrie is a shocker, but Guthrie has been woeful lately. Its a horrible decision to make though. And Carroll is still a danger I think. Ranger will finally score and itll be 2-0.

Guest Michael F

Is Colo definitely fit? If so I'd go with (Hughton wouldn't however)

Harper

Simpson Khizanishvili Coloccini Enrique

R.Taylor Guthrie Nolan Jonas

Ranger Lovenkrands

Subs: Anyone but Carroll

I think it'll be a goalless draw  :rolleyes:

Doncaster are 18th arent they? Cant be that decent  :frantic:

Doncaster like to play a passing game & from what I have seen of our mob so far we cant hack it when team play it on the deck.

Also worth remembering they have x-mags in Guy & Coppinger always likely to score against us. Also on current form some x-mackems could in Woods, Oster &  Fortune.

Guest Michael F

Ex mags like to score against us, or Guy and Coppinger do? Who was the last ex to score against us?

Abdoulaye Faye I think

i'd spice up and energise the team with a few young uns in,  we are far too slow,  Donny may not be one of the better teams but the are supposedly renowned to be one of the best "footballing" sides in the league,  if Smith is replaced  by the likes of Butt or Geremi i can see them passing us off the pitch i they knock it around for fun.

i'd go with the following................(never happen mind!)

HARPER

SIMPSON      COLO  KHIZ      JOSE

GUTHRIE    NOLAN

LUALUA        VUKCIC          JONAS

RANGER

Our midfield is incapable of retaining possession or creating chances, so we may as well reduce our reliance on their performance and throw everything we can at Doncaster.

--------------------------Harper--------------------------

Simpson-----Khizanishvili-----Coloccini-----Enrique

----------Guthrie---------Nolan---------Jonas----------

----Harewood-------------------------Lovenkrands----

----------------------------Carroll--------------------------

Hughton lacks the balls to consider that though, so we'll probably end up with

--------------------------Harper--------------------------

Simpson-----Khizanishvili-----Coloccini-----Enrique

-----R.Taylor------Guthrie-------Butt------Jonas-----

---------------------------Nolan---------------------------

---------------------------Carroll--------------------------

i'd spice up and energise the team with a few young uns in,  we are far too slow,  Donny may not be one of the better teams but the are supposedly renowned to be one of the best "footballing" sides in the league,  if Smith is replaced  by the likes of Butt or Geremi i can see them passing us off the pitch i they knock it around for fun.

i'd go with the following................(never happen mind!)

HARPER

SIMPSON       COLO   KHIZ       JOSE

GUTHRIE     NOLAN

LUALUA         VUKCIC          JONAS

RANGER

I would love to see us do something like that rather than play a team of cloggers.  I would give that team a run of games to give them a chance to learn to work with each other, at least until Taylor was fit to return to the centre of defence.

Guest Heneage

What happens if the likes of Lua Lua and Vukcic are truly horrendous? I'd be more willing to give Haris a go over Lua Lua myself.

What happens if the likes of Lua Lua and Vuckic are truly horrendous? I'd be more willing to give Haris a go over Lua Lua myself.

If LuaLua and Vukcic were that bad at least I'd have the satisfaction of knowing they were no worse than the ones they replaced and weren't walking out with £50k a week.