Emre out for arsenal...

Guest JamesD

...picked up his fifth booking today, so he's suspended.  Hopefully we'll be able to see a dyer/parker CM combo, or at least i'd like to see it tried.

Guest napalm_squirrel

I dont get how luque cant even make the bench.  How many players have to be out before he can get even that high up the pecking order

It used to be that Dyer was considered average because the rest of our squad was really canny good. Now, he's probably one of our best players because the quality has dropped so much in the past few seasons. As such, I hope he plays.

Do we play Celta Vigo before Arsenal...?

I'm just wondering when Martins will be available...

If Martins and Dyer can get 30 mins each on Thursday, they should be ready for Arsenal. Like i say though, dunno when we play Vigo. :?

If Martins and Dyer can get 30 mins each on Thursday, they should be ready for Arsenal. Like i say though, dunno when we play Vigo. :?

Aint it internationals this week? So i think it'll be Arsenal next Sat and then Celta the following Thursday

Aint it internationals this week? So i think it'll be Arsenal next Sat and then Celta the following Thursday

Nah i think there's just a friendly on Wednesday.

We play Arsenal this coming Saturday and Vigo the Thursday after. Just checked.

Guest Kenton Magpie

Next games:

Arsenal (A) PREM

Celta Vigo (H) UEFA

Portsmouth (H) PREM

Frankfurt (A) UEFA

Reading (H) PREM

Blackburn (A) PREM

Arsenal (A) PREM - Lose

Celta Vigo (H) UEFA - Win

Portsmouth (H) PREM - Draw

Frankfurt (A) UEFA - Win

Reading (H) PREM - Draw

Blackburn (A) PREM - Draw

EDIT: Legally no more than six fixtures allowed.

Should be Parker and Butt in the middle IMO, with Parker given the more advanced role.

Then it should be Duff and Milner on the wings, with Dyer behind Martins.

If we could utilise the pace of Dyer, Martins, Milner and Duff, we'd give a lot of teams a lot of problems. Problem is, our backline has to cut out the long balls, and that hasnt happened since SBR's glory days.

Guest kinaldo

I think Emre would look great in a good team, one that plays football, like Arsenal. I hope that when someone turns this club around he'll still be here.

Should be Parker and Butt in the middle IMO, with Parker given the more advanced role.

Then it should be Duff and Milner on the wings, with Dyer behind Martins.

If we could utilise the pace of Dyer, Martins, Milner and Duff, we'd give a lot of teams a lot of problems. Problem is, our backline has to cut out the long balls, and that hasnt happened since SBR's glory days.

We played a lot of long balls under Robson, thing was that we actually had Shearer to win the lion's share of them and Bellamy to chase the knock-downs so it was a tactic that was actually exciting to watch.