A for sale thread in the general forum?

Guest thefishman

Think it would be a great idea.

However you'd need a separate Moderator as they'd have a lot of responsibility, more than anyone on here tbh, peoples money.

The only way something like this would work would to be that any member wanting to use it, have access, would have to send the mod their details, address, phone contact, and the mod to send out a form or something for you to sign and to send back to make sure you are genuine.

If so no problems at all.

Just use eBay, ffs. Why make this place become a poor man's Gumtree? ???

Think it would be nice to offer goods to members rather than selling them on ebay and all the hassle that goes with it.

Just bought a PSP from Mofo from these forums which i'd never have off ebay, i'd certainly use it.

Plus there would be lots of locals willing to meet up and trade, saving delivery fees.

Think it would be nice to offer goods to members rather than selling them on ebay and all the hassle that goes with it.

Just bought a PSP from Mofo from these forums which i'd never have off ebay, i'd certainly use it.

Plus there would be lots of locals willing to meet up and trade, saving delivery fees.

Aye, fair enough, but what's to stop a bad sale spilling over into bad blood on the forum? If it goes ahead it should be done on the same basis as the Tickets section, tbh, so that folks know where it is rather than having it appear in the the Chat forum. Just my humble opinion, which counts for shit, I know.

Aye, fair enough, but what's to stop a bad sale spilling over into bad blood on the forum? If it goes ahead it should be done on the same basis as the Tickets section, tbh, so that folks know where it is rather than having it appear in the the Chat forum. Just my humble opinion, which counts for shit, I know.

It definitely shouldn't be in GC imo. Hidden somewhere else.

Or maybe a sticky.

Guest thefishman

Im all for it, as ebay to much hassle! We've got one on a fishing forum and it works really well, also pick up a few bargains!

Honestly, that is quite an interesting idea, especially as a way of raising money for the maintenance of the site as mentioned by GM.

I myself have many items that I would like to sell to my fellow NUFC supporters. Many are related to NUFC or football in general.

I would be happy to negotiate prices with anyone on here, but financial restrictions placed on me require that any interested buyer must first wire me a sum of £100. Obviously, these initial funds will be returned along with the item in question.

If anyone has interest, please PM me so we can discuss prices and exchange account information.

Honestly, that is quite an interesting idea, especially as a way of raising money for the maintenance of the site as mentioned by GM.

I myself have many items that I would like to sell to my fellow NUFC supporters. Many are related to NUFC or football in general.

I would be happy to negotiate prices with anyone on here, but financial restrictions placed on me require that any interested buyer must first wire me a sum of £100. Obviously, these initial funds will be returned along with the item in question.

If anyone has interest, please PM me so we can discuss prices and exchange account information.

Fulfilling the stereotype nicely there. :lol:

Fulfilling the stereotype nicely there. :lol:

:lol:

I'd say you are not even allowed to view it unless you register.

I use a forum like that for PC component trading, traded grands worth on it, not once let down so far.

Guest Stephen927

It could work but you might get people being worky tickets and so it would be too much hassle for the forum really, guess thats the risks that come with it regardless of what site it is.

It would work, perhaps a seperate part of the forum where you have to be registered to view to (games forum)

It'd be up to you to chose who you want to sell to/buy from I suppose, for instance I wouldn't buy from DazzaNUFC666LOLZ with 1 post but wouldn't have a problem buying from a well known poster..

Not sure if there's a system that could be implemented to stop arseholes abusing peoples trust, guessing a ban/khama system might be the only thing that could work.

It was suggested the first time we needed cash to pay for the servers, can't remember why we didn't do it in the end as it was ages ago, probably something to do with it being loads of hassle to run.

It would work, perhaps a seperate part of the forum where you have to be registered to view to (games forum)

It'd be up to you to chose who you want to sell to/buy from I suppose, for instance I wouldn't buy from DazzaNUFC666LOLZ with 1 post but wouldn't have a problem buying from a well known poster..

Not sure if there's a system that could be implemented to stop arseholes abusing peoples trust, guessing a ban/khama system might be the only thing that could work.

Any dodgy deals and you'd be out, it's the only way it could work.

Banned from trading, if its a massive problem like a user hasn't posted the items and basically ran off with the money they'd have to be banned from the forum as well, while all details (see my earlier registration post) handed to the police.

It's the only way it could truly work, would require a lot of effort but for someone like myself the rewards with be huge, im buying and selling all the time (usually electronics on PC forums) much rather be selling to people i know i can trust, never mind buying.

I'm all for it, because I have a few things to sell but too lazy for ebaying.

Two guitars available if anyone is interested. :pow:

is it a no strings arrangement?

You're getting worse.  :sadnod: :aww:

Any dodgy deals and you'd be out, it's the only way it could work.

Banned from trading, if its a massive problem like a user hasn't posted the items and basically ran off with the money they'd have to be banned from the forum as well, while all details (see my earlier registration post) handed to the police.

It's the only way it could truly work, would require a lot of effort but for someone like myself the rewards with be huge, im buying and selling all the time (usually electronics on PC forums) much rather be selling to people i know i can trust, never mind buying.

Aye I've got a load of shit lying around to peddle as well.

5-port gigabit switch anyone? D-Link green

1tb LaCie external hdd

various other computer components.