Where can i get a decent car?

davy_fulla

I'm desparately looking for a decent used car to get me to work and back.  I've got to hand the company car back next week due to changing jobs and need to get something to get me to work and back.  There's nowt on the autotrader website that i fancy apart from a couple I went to look at today that weren't what they seemed to be from the pictures.

I live in Consett so there's not many places to choose from so do any of you city dwellers know of any decent places (preferably that are open tomorrow) where I might be able to find something?  I really don't fancy the 25 mile walk to work.

Honestly if you can get to the Birtley car auction you'll get something decent for ridiculously cheap.

I'd agree with this.

Anything you get from there would cost you a grand more from a dealership... My mate got his Passat for £2k and the garage in Stanley (not sure which one) was selling the same year Passat for £4.5k... couldn't believe it.

Honestly if you can get to the Birtley car auction you'll get something decent for ridiculously cheap.

I'd agree with this.

Anything you get from there would cost you a grand more from a dealership... My mate got his Passat for £2k and the garage in Stanley (not sure which one) was selling the same year Passat for £4.5k... couldn't believe it.

Sounds awesome.  Just trying to google it now to see if there's out coming up.

Never been to one of those auctions.  How often are they on just time's not on my side atm.

Not sure mate, a Friday and a Tuesday I think... They're funny as fuck aswell.. I nearly pissed my pants when a 3 wheeler came through.... suprisingly there was only a couple of bids :lol:

Never been to one of those auctions.  How often are they on just time's not on my side atm.

Not sure mate, a Friday and a Tuesday I think... They're funny as f*** aswell.. I nearly pissed my pants when a 3 wheeler came through.... suprisingly there was only a couple of bids :lol:

They're all kosher cars though yeh? 

I'm not sure, don't think they're serviced or anything before sale but you can take a look at them hours before sale, 2 of my mates have bought cars from there and they've both worked fine...

I'm not sure, don't think they're serviced or anything before sale but you can take a look at them hours before sale, 2 of my mates have bought cars from there and they've both worked fine...

Aye, everyone i know who's got something from there has been fine.

Guest Heneage

I'd agree with this.

How could you passat up!

Is this the right one I'm looking at Quagmire?  http://www.sma-group.co.uk/locations/newcastle.aspx Scottish Motor Auctions was the only one I could find in Birtley.  There's one on on Monday night so gonna get myself along I reckon.

Aye that's the right one mate :) You might not find the car you want on Monday but it's worth going along a few timesif you don't.

Never been to any sort of auction before so is it just a case of walking in an hour or so before it starts, having a look round, then starting bidding.  I don't have to register as a bidder or owt before I turn up?

Nah just go in and bid... You go into a little office if you're successful for the bid and buy the car and drive away without road tax, insurance or a valid MOT test certificate.

You can go and have a look around first aswell.

:pow: