Khizanisvilli Red Card appeal

pinkeye

The appeal against the automatic 3 game suspension has been heard by the FA today and as usual rejected.

He will now serve a three match suspension starting on Monday night.

Now I saw the incident quite clearly and thought the card was totally unwarranted - in fact the Doncaster players were more violent than he was throughout the event - plus if the linesman was supposed to have been the one who gave the referee advice on what happened god know what he thinks he saw, Khizan's back was to him practically the whole time!!

Utter joke to be honest, that ref (Deadman) was so far out of his depth in the game it was beyond funny!

since we're not one of the sky 4 (whom if any of their players got a straight red would have had the fa giving grovelling apologies for daring to ban one of their players) naturally it was rejected, colo or saylor better be ready for monday

since we're not one of the sky 4 (whom if any of their players got a straight red would have had the fa giving grovelling apologies for daring to ban one of their players) naturally it was rejected, colo or saylor better be ready for monday

So thats why they accepted the appeal against Beye's red card last season?

So thats why they accepted the appeal against Beye's red card last season?

If they didn't, there would have been outcry.

Top quality tackle from Beye, no possible justification for a red card.

I think the Big 4 get their decisions in conditions of doubt, whereas we wouldn't.

Must admit, at the time I thought he just put his arm around his shoulders to guide him away. Seeing it again it's pretty obvious that he deserved to go and I can't understand exactly what Hughton saw in the replay. To appeal after seeing it again a few times was just mental stuff.

Guest Geordiesned

Seeing the replay it looks a red card to me but it sticks in my throat that the instigator in the whole incident escaped with a yellow for a punch!

Guest michaelfoster

The appeal against the automatic 3 game suspension has been heard by the FA today and as usual rejected.

Now I saw the incident quite clearly and thought the card was totally unwarranted - in fact the Doncaster players were more violent than he was throughout the event - plus if the linesman was supposed to have been the one who gave the referee advice on what happened god know what he thinks he saw, Khizan's back was to him practically the whole time!!

Utter joke to be honest, that ref (Deadman) was so far out of his depth in the game it was beyond funny!

He had his hands around his throat ffs, what a stupid post

Guest Heneage

We all know this should have been a red, but can anyone explain why their striker only saw yellow when he was just as aggressive towards Kadar and started it all.

Arguably more so considering he tried to throw a punch.

He was trying to throttle the lad and deserved the red.

The two punches thrown by Sharp as well as the two handed shove in the chest also warranted a red, but we got the points, and having him banned in retrospect will give us no joy really.

I'm just getting worried by the officials being a bit more anxious to punish our players to the fullest extent and let our opposition of a bit lightly.

A 3 match ban isn't really appropriate imo. I remember Bramble grabbing Massimo Maccarone's throat when we beat Boro 2-1 at the Riverside in 06 and barely getting a talking to.

Not that I care about the suspension, we wont miss him one bit if Taylor or Coloccini returns.

Cuntish decision from the FA, Billy Sharp should get a 3 match ban like Huth and co and Zurab's should be reduced to the yellow it should have been. Touching someone's neck is not a red card offence ffs.

Right but, how could the linesman have seen that?  In real time, i.e. as the event unfolded there was very little chance that that could have been seen by anyone in authority on the field. 

Next time you have someone throw a punch at you see how you react, Zurab was relatively calm compared to how I would have reacted in all honesty.

If you still think it was a stupid post I must apologise, guess I am just not as bright as you.....

Guest michaelfoster

Right but, how could the linesman have seen that?  In real time, i.e. as the event unfolded there was very little chance that that could have been seen by anyone in authority on the field. 

Next time you have someone throw a punch at you see how you react, Zurab was relatively calm compared to how I would have reacted in all honesty.

If you still think it was a stupid post I must apologise, guess I am just not as bright as you.....

I was sitting half way up the east stand and i saw it, it was so obvious even Stevie Wonder probably would of seen it. He acted calmly? he grabbed him by the throat ffs. He didnt throw a punch at Zurab either btw

Cant believe people are defending him here, both him & Sharp should of been sent off

I was sitting half way up the east stand and i saw it, it was so obvious even Stevie Wonder probably would of seen it. He acted calmly? he grabbed him by the throat ffs. He didnt throw a punch at Zurab either btw

Cant believe people are defending him here, both him & Sharp should of been sent off

Wait a second, your not a comedian are you?!?!

You probably sit close to me then, I am in row M in the East Stand and in the heat of it all didn't see enough to single out Khisanisvilli for a red while others involved only got yellow.

I only saw the throat grab on the BBC highlights and to be honest I have seen loads worse than that go unpunished in football.

Anyway, pretty sure we all have better things to do than to argue about who knows more than each other about football.  The red card stands and no-one else is getting punished, let's move on to more important matters.