Door-to-door callers

LoveItIfWeBeatU

I had one knock on my door about an hour ago. My wife answered the door. It was a Door-to-door sales person. He said in a scouse accent "It's nothing dodgy like" before launching into his sales patter. My wife said "No thanks, we don't buy anything from Door-to-door callers" and she then pointed out that we have a sign on our door which says that we don't buy anything from door-to-door callers and asks them not to knock. He walked off across our front lawn and then shouted aggressively "Well thanks for fucking letting me finish!" My wife said she wanted his name so she could report him and he shouted back "My names fucking John.....!" and various other swear words.

Disgusting scum. Knock on someone's door uninvited (when there is a sign telling them not to) and then shouting abusive language at a woman. I wish it had been me who'd answered the door!

I hate Door-to-door callers, which is why I have the sign on my door telling them not to knock in the first place. Religious nutters, Charity hassle merchants who try to guilt trip people into signing up to direct debits, ex-criminals on a 'back to work' scheme selling dusters and the like for twice the price of a supermarket, double glazing, etc. Fuck off the lot of you!

It should be illegal to cold call people on their doorstep.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4121760.stm

My wife said she wanted his name so she could report him and he shouted back "My names fucking John.....!"

What did the police say?!

My wife didn't take his card when she first opened the door so we don't know what company he 'works' for. She only caught his first name before all the swearing. He'd gone by the time I'd been told what he'd said. I'd seen a load of "Door-to-door bastards" walking around the street over the last few days. I ignored the door when they knocked but it seems they are coming back to every house that doesn't answer until they do.

My wife said she wanted his name so she could report him and he shouted back "My names f***ing John.....!"

What did the police say?!

My wife didn't take his card when she first opened the door so we don't know what company he 'works' for. She only caught his first name before all the swearing. He'd gone by the time I'd been told what he'd said. I'd seen a load of "Door-to-door bastards" walking around the street over the last few days. I ignored the door when they knocked but it seems they are coming back to every house that doesn't answer until they do.

Well she would have had a card if she had f***ing let him finish!!

;)

Guest Stephen927

Not unheard of for these door-to-door "salesmen" to actually use that as a cover story for door-to-door burglary. :sadnod:

This is true. They scout the area, see which houses don't seem to have lights on most nights for people who on holiday.

Well she would have had a card if she had f***ing let him finish!!

;)

True. In hindsight though, rather than her take a card I wish I'd answered the door and punched him in the face before he could get a word out. I'd have then shouted "Can't you fucking read? It says no door-to-door callers!"

obviously do this cos they cant get another job, i wonder why with an attitude like that.

Probably. I'm not joking when I said I've had people announce themselves as ex-criminals on a "second chance back to work" scheme knocking on my door. How is that allowed? Yes, some people deserve a chance but sending them round people's houses to knock on doors of old people, women, etc?

I was approached by Jehovahs Witness' when I was waiting for my lass one time in town. Had a good old chat with them for about 10 minutes, they wanted to come and see me at home but I said thanks but no thanks. They were really nice and what they said was quite interesting I just don't believe in religion.

My life rocks.

One opened with the statement "Just a courtesy call..."

How the fuck was he doing me a courtesy? Did he actually know what the word actually means, or did he just hear it somewhere and thought it applied to the situation?

I'd have thought turning up uninvited was the opposite of a courtesy.

Guest lankybellwipe

I was approached by Jehovahs Witness' when I was waiting for my lass one time in town. Had a good old chat with them for about 10 minutes, they wanted to come and see me at home but I said thanks but no thanks. They were really nice and what they said was quite interesting I just don't believe in religion.

My life rocks.

Oh................. Oh Jon!........... Oh JonJon!

Surely you must have realised the potential here??  Give them your mates address, or someone you know, but hate, as a prank/"Eat this you twat!"

Round my way, they've been knocking on old folks' doors and, if no one answers, they get up a ladder and start taking the fucking tiles and lead off. Happened to a few houses round my street. One old lady got back just as they were getting up on the roof, and asked them what they were up to. They said the landlord had sent them round to repair the roof, so she said OK and told them she'd get them a nice cup of tea. Then went inside and phoned the bizzies. :lol:

Not sure if their game to is take the tiles off, or simply fuck up your roof so you have to pay them to put it right. People who take advantage of the old should be put in the stocks, tbh.