Stadium naming rights

Decky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can we have a new thread on this instead of following that god awful take over thread with it?

Whilst confirming these two matters, Newcastle United now aims to move forward on and off the pitch. The Club aims to maximise its commercial revenues; this includes renegotiating its Club sponsor and kit deal, which expire at the end of this season, as well as welcoming offers for the stadium naming rights for next season.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/article/breaking-news-hughton-confirmed-as-united-boss-20091027_2240137_1839157

Absolutely disgraceful :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Now I have calmed a bit something has just struck me.

We are more outraged by this, then the fat cockney cunt taking the club off the market.  Perhaps it is a massive publicity stunt, and he never intends to welcome offers for naming rights but it merely distracts fans and the media away from it taking over a year to make his mind up about what he is doing.  

as well as welcoming offers for the stadium naming rights for next season

One of the best chairmen in the country sold the naming rights to his new stadium for the first couple of years as a way of much needed funds to pay for the stadium and compete in the Premiership, and then dropped it.

We need money to make up for the cost of relegation, and if someone's daft enough to stick their name onto something for a year or two in a similar fashion knowing no-one will use their brands name until we're back to a sound financial footing, then so be it imo.

Makes me absolutely sick to the bottom of my stomach. Fucking horrifying thought.

I think if that happens then I will just pack it in once and for all (I probably wont, I don't think I'll ever be able to get this club out of my veins). Its just disgusting what is happening to our club. Modern football is fucking shit.

Its like he's repeatedly raping your wife, giving her aids in the process, and making you watch it all.

We are more outraged by this, then the fat cockney cunt taking the club off the market.  Perhaps it is a massive publicity stunt, and he never intends to welcome offers for naming rights but it merely distracts fans and the media away from it taking over a year to make his mind up about what he is doing.  

Sadly, your deluded.

How much would the naming rights be? If the NUSC really want to do something worthwhile then maybe they should gather donations to buy the rights? It really sounds daft as fuck, but to lose the name St James' Park would be heart breaking.

We are more outraged by this, then the fat cockney c*** taking the club off the market.  Perhaps it is a massive publicity stunt, and he never intends to welcome offers for naming rights but it merely distracts fans and the media away from it taking over a year to make his mind up about what he is doing.  

I doubt it. I really highly doubt it.

We are more outraged by this, then the fat cockney c*** taking the club off the market.  Perhaps it is a massive publicity stunt, and he never intends to welcome offers for naming rights but it merely distracts fans and the media away from it taking over a year to make his mind up about what he is doing.  

Sadly, your deluded.

I wouldn't put it beyond him, but you are most likely right :(

One of the best chairmen in the country sold the naming rights to his new stadium for the first couple of years as a way of much needed funds to pay for the stadium and compete in the Premiership, and then dropped it.

We need money to make up for the cost of relegation, and if someone's daft enough to stick their name onto something for a year or two in a similar fashion knowing no-one will use their brands name until we're back to a sound financial footing, then so be it imo.

Whos to say it will ever be St James' Park again? If it starts being sold for money, then why would any chairman suddenly stop selling it?

Ignoring the implications with the fans which would probably make this one a dumb deal for any company, they will get their name around very often due to the naming rights.  Newspaper reports, television coverage, radio coverage, Sky Soccer Saturday, whatever.  I read an article about this in uni and it's very popular in Germany.

But yeah, word-of-mouth you can forget it in the short-term at least.

Agreed. If it is one more way of getting some money into the club and get it back on track for a takeover then so be it.

How much would the naming rights be? If the NUSC really want to do something worthwhile then maybe they should gather donations to buy the rights? It really sounds daft as f***, but to lose the name St James' Park would be heart breaking.

Basically that would mean paying Ashley to keep the name of the stadium the same. No way.

THE LEGEND KILLER MIKE "RANDY ORTON" ASHLEY STRIKES AGAIN:

KEEGAN = FORCED OUT

SHEARER = LAST SEEN IN LIMBO

GIVEN = SOLD

AND NOW THE HOME OF NEWCASTLE UNITED HAS GOT THE ASHLEY TREATMENT

I said it before it was Ashley snr who pushed Hughie in front of that train.

How much would the naming rights be? If the NUSC really want to do something worthwhile then maybe they should gather donations to buy the rights? It really sounds daft as f***, but to lose the name St James' Park would be heart breaking.

Basically that would mean paying Ashley to keep the name of the stadium the same. No way.

Surely the money would go back into the club though? (i know i know).