Collymore wants new PL where we're guaranteed a place

Superior Acuña

Or selling and moving franchises.

We're talking about sport here, man, not restaurants.

Tell that to the yanks... in proper yank way Americans tend to see professional sports as profitable businesses. If there was a risk that one's investment can slip from the professional league, nobody would be putting money there. Also, the huge amount of college teams cover the needs of those areas that don't have a professional team, and they are mostly organized in single huuuuge leagues of hundreds of teams. Some college leagues that have different tiers allow you to move up the chain provided you meet some investment criteria in facilities and scholarships for the players (they can't have wages unless they turn pro).

Relegation is one of the things that make footy so much more interesting to watch than North American sports.

They may not have relegation, but they also don't have the same two teams competing for the league every season.

Read this at the weekend. One of the worst ideas I've ever seen.

No surprise really seeing as its Collymore and hes a prize c***.

Couldn't disagree more.

He's better than the obnoxious Alan "Sneery" Green, FAR more knowledgeable than the USELESS "Spoony" whoever the hell he is, (get away from Lahnden and the t*** is LOST)  and is even better at current affairs progs. A typiucal "voice of the ordinary people" - what presenters on Radio 5 stopped being years ago - sport and politics even more so.

As to his plan, it'll never happen anyways. But the crappy responses to it surprise me.

Relegation is one of the things that make footy so much more interesting to watch than North American sports.

They may not have relegation, but they also don't have the same two teams competing for the league every season.

Exactly, simple and accurate - well put.

Nice to see there's one person thinking sensibly

think hes's alrite as a presenter tbh. Least he supports the Villa rather than bulling up ManUre or the bin-dippers like half the others on the sport radio. They only come up with these insane ideas anyway to boost calls/letters into talkshows/newspapers anyway so i'd take his idea with a pinch of salt. Ridiculous indeed it is though.

Tbf, it's a shit idea, but whenever I've heard him on the radio I've been quite impressed, and surprised. Speaks very well about the game and has a very good eye for what's happening on the pitch that others miss. Think he would make a decent coach, tbh.

Tbf, it's a s*** idea, but whenever I've heard him on the radio I've been quite impressed, and surprised. Speaks very well about the game and has a very good eye for what's happening on the pitch that others miss. Think he would make a decent coach, tbh.

he's alright other than these idiotic ideas he comes up with occasionally

Seen him today saying that their should be a "sacking window" for managers, a period of time during the season when a manager can be sacked.

Good idea, if clubs didn't have the threat of relegation, or losing the title, then again, put it in with his Premier League with no relegations, and probs the same team winning the title ever year, then it works a charm.

Or selling and moving franchises.

Yeah, I was going to mention that as well but I'm still not over the Quebec Nordiques moving to America.

Also, it seems like Major League Soccer is going to allow the Vancouver Whitecaps to join their league from another league in the 2012 expansion, but I'm not sure on the details.

There's no issues what that in regards to CONCAF or whatever?

Toronto and/or Vancouver being in the MLS contradicts those higher-ups that don't think Celtic and Rangers should be in England.

In regards to the 20 biggest clubs, I'd definitely replace Portsmouth, Wigan, Hull and Burnley with Newcastle, Leeds, Sheff Wed and Nottm Forest. Silly idea though, when the title race gets decided in April, relegation is the only exciting thing left.

Aye read this the other day, what a load of s***

Seems they've removed one of the comments that was decent:

I've racked my brains for a gooh three hours and still cant work out what Mr Collymore WOULD be good at.

He was good at football.....but he didnt have the mental strength for it (HE WAS A BOTTLER). And ever since he quit, everything he's done has been rubbish. Rubbish presenter, rubbish actor, rubbish columnist, rubbish rapper (yeah you heard....he tried rapping). For christ sake Stan you were even rubbish at going into car parks late at night and watching strangers having it off!!!!

And yet every week you use a national newspaper to spread your rubbish in the faint hope that anyone in the world will take you seriously?! I properly pity you Stan. Very few people have your money, even fewer are as good a footballer as you were and I bet you've had it off with some right stunners. But I feel so sorry for you, because you've made absolutely nothing of your life.

In Collymore's defence not EVERYTHING he has done since quitting playing has been rubbish.

That time he threatened to lamp Vanilla Ice on the farm was canny, particularly since the yank shit his pants. :clap: