Marlon King - 18 Months Jail. Sex Offenders Reg. for 7 yrs. Sacked By Wigan.

Crumpy Gunt

Sacked. You hear the Newcastle? That's what you do when a c*** arse footballer goes to prison for assault.

Yes, because that would have helped us enormously.

Would have saved us wasting our wages on the injured, overpaid prick.

Sacked. You hear the Newcastle? That's what you do when a c*** arse footballer goes to prison for assault.

'our' wages?

'our' wages?

yes ??

Just about the only time the manager at the time seemed to get any say in a player staying/going.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I think the sentence is an outrage tbh, the groping sounded like self defence.

In all seriousness given a chance to choose between being repeatedly punched in the face by Gerrard or a pinch on the bottom by King, I know which one Yorkie would go for. Blatant racism in this sentencing.

Just about the only time the manager at the time seemed to get any say in a player staying/going.

Yep Keegan made a huge mistake then. Maybe he thought if he wasn't going to get a say in player purchases that he needed him but it was still the wrong choice.

Yep Keegan made a huge mistake then. Maybe he thought if he wasn't going to get a say in player purchases that he needed him but it was still the wrong choice.

Only time they back their manager's judgement, and they still get it wrong. :lol:

Guest Heneage

You say it like Joey Barton was a 29 year old striker down the pecking who had suffered two major knee injuries recently. Barton also wasn't sentenced to 18 months.

While I do agree that they've done a damn good thing in sacking him. We all know if Barton had been sacked someone would have picked him up for free when he came out. He is for all his crimes a salable asset.

You say it like Joey Barton was a 29 year old striker down the pecking who had suffered two major knee injuries recently. Barton also wasn't sentenced to 18 months.

While I do agree that they've done a damn good thing in sacking him. We all know if Barton had been sacked someone would have picked him up for free when he came out. He is for all his crimes a salable asset.

Nothing to stop us keeping his registration so a club still had to buy him from us.

'our' wages?

yes ??

:lol:

Guest Heneage

Nothing to stop us keeping his registration so a club still had to buy him from us.

Surely sacked, means no longer a part of the club contract registration are all cancelled?

Yeah, because Barton's offence was just as serious. :rolleyes: I'm very willing for the club to pay someone who got in a fight while out on the town. I'm not so willing to have a sex offender on my books. Why don't you use Luke McCormick as an example for why we should have sacked Barton as well?

What about this case has determined that hegets 18 months in prison? Does he have priors in the country or something? Seems excessive. I also have to question why he has to deal with the stigma of being a sex offender. I dislike Marlon King, but I dislike unfair treatment a fair bit more.

Guest Heneage

Yeah, because Barton's offence was just as serious. :rolleyes: I'm very willing for the club to pay someone who got in a fight while out on the town. I'm not so willing to have a sex offender on my books. Why don't you use Luke McCormick as an example for why we should have sacked Barton as well?

What about this case has determined that hegets 18 months in prison? Does he have priors in the country or something? Seems excessive. I also have to question why he has to deal with the stigma of being a sex offender. I dislike Marlon King, but I dislike unfair treatment a fair bit more.

Sex offender is a bit mis leading though, it has connotations of a totally different crime imo .

Sex offender is a bit mis leading though, it has connotations of a totally different crime imo .

I agree, and I seriously question why Marlon has been labeled as that. However, there is no way I would ever employ someone with that stigma considering how public of an enterprise football is.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Yeah, because Barton's offence was just as serious. :rolleyes: I'm very willing for the club to pay someone who got in a fight while out on the town.

Would you rather get battered by Barton and Gerrard or have Marlon King have a squeeze of your mighty black cheeks for a minute?

Tbf he's now on the register. :dontknow:

The court heard that the striker, who was on loan at Hull at the time, was celebrating his wife's pregnancy

Just brilliant.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when he recounts this tale to his children in 20 yrs.  'Celebrating your mum being pregnant by groping women then decking them'.  No doubt his Mrs believes him and his meal ticket entirely.

The court heard that the striker, who was on loan at Hull at the time, was celebrating his wife's pregnancy

Just brilliant.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when he recounts this tale to his children in 20 yrs.  'Celebrating your mum being pregnant by groping women then decking them'.  No doubt his Mrs believes him and his meal ticket entirely.

I love phrases like 'meal ticket'.  :lol:

'our' wages?

yes ??

What's the problem ?

Guest Heneage

I agree, and I seriously question why Marlon has been labeled as that. However, there is no way I would ever employ someone with that stigma considering how public of an enterprise football is.

Yeah but to be honest, at Wigan he wasn't a significant player, I doubt he brought in a good shirt revnue like Hugo Rodallega or even Jason Scotland. The amount of loan deals he's had just last season showed he clearly wasn't wanted, especially when you consider Wigan swapped him for Mido.