it only takes a second

madras

following on from the wankfest about fergusons 20 years,when that many manure fans say he was one match away from the sack and 1 goal ,1 second changed it all....everton going through a crap run,kendall about to be sacked,up pops inchy heath at oxford and a year and a bit later they are just about the best team in europe(maybe would have proved it to if their fellow scousers hadn't got english clubs banned.

anyway is it possible that asecond could change things so much ?????

nufc V liverpool...........barnes rolls the ball out,asprilla intercepts,barnes bundles over asprilla in the box!!!!!,penalty and sending off,we score and go 3-1 up and go on to win the league...........instead the ref plays on and collymore gets dramatioc winner in 4-3 defeat.

nufc V partizan belgrade...after a mis hit,long corner woodgate decides not to chase the ball,keepthe ball in ,for them to run off and score,instead he covers defeinsivly,the game drifts to a 0-0 and we go into the champions league,with that money we strengthen as opposed to uefa cup and picking up bowyer on a free that close season.

alternatively

nufc V pompey.......kelly's shot barely dribbles off his foot(as happened so often that season) to be picked up by the keeper.we get relegated.keegans nicks off after arguing with hall over cash to get us back up.

nufc  V  psv....bellamys return off dyers rebound go straight too(not in off) the keeper and we wimp out the champs lge.

Guest Pugwash

following on from the wankfest about fergusons 20 years,when that many manure fans say he was one match away from the sack and 1 goal ,1 second changed it all....everton going through a crap run,kendall about to be sacked,up pops inchy heath at oxford and a year and a bit later they are just about the best team in europe(maybe would have proved it to if their fellow scousers hadn't got english clubs banned.

nufc V liverpool...........barnes rolls the ball out,asprilla intercepts,barnes bundles over asprilla in the box!!!!!,penalty and sending off,we score and go 3-1 up and go on to win the league...........instead the ref plays on and collymore gets dramatioc winner in 4-3 defeat.

nufc V partizan belgrade...after a mis hit,long corner woodgate decides not to chase the ball,keepthe ball in ,for them to run off and score,instead he covers defeinsivly,the game drifts to a 0-0 and we go into the champions league,with that money we strengthen as opposed to uefa cup and picking up bowyer on a free that close season.

alternatively

nufc V pompey.......kelly's shot barely dribbles off his foot(as happened so often that season) to be picked up by the keeper.we get relegated.keegans nicks off after arguing with hall over cash to get us back up.

nufc V psv....bellamys return off dyers rebound go straight too(not in off) the keeper and we wimp out the champs lge.

Firstly, how dare you insult The Kelly in such a manner!

Secondly, I don't think we would have gone down if we had drawn with Pompey.

http://www.rsssf.com/engpaul/FLA/1991-92.html

I remember Wenger pointing out that the 1998 Cup Final (and the future of K. Dogleash) would have looked very different if Shearer’s 64th minute strike had been maybe an inch different and not come back out off the inside of the post.

alternatively

nufc V psv....bellamys return off dyers rebound go straight too(not in off) the keeper and we wimp out the champs lge.

Firstly, how dare you insult The Kelly in such a manner!

Secondly, I don't think we would have gone down if we had drawn with Pompey.

http://www.rsssf.com/engpaul/FLA/1991-92.html

had we not beat pompey we wouldn't have had the confidence to beat leicester :winking:

Guest Pugwash

Were you at that one? I remember the euphoria when Kelly put the ball in, and some twit behind me (Milburn Stand) told me to sit down! The very same twit, the season after, was booing them against Grimsby when we got beat 1-0 after making it 10 wins on the bounce the week before against the mackems.

Were you at that one? I remember the euphoria when Kelly put the ball in, and some twit behind me (Milburn Stand) told me to sit down! The very same twit, the season after, was booing them against Grimsby when we got beat 1-0 after making it 10 wins on the bounce the week before against the mackems.

aye,was at leicester aswell,best game in my life

Guest Pugwash

I would like to take the second theory into a run of individual seconds.

Season 2004/2005.  First four games.

Smoggies away. Winning 2-1, Jenas misses a sitter, minutes later Fat Eddie handles the ball into the net, and it stands. Lost 2 points.

Tottenham home. Atouba hits a stunner with his swinger, an impossibility by all counts. 1 point lost.

Norwich home. Just gone 2-0 up, Bentley hits a speculative shot that Given, inexplicably, lets through him. Finishes 2-2. 2 points lost.

Villa away. It's 2-2 and Sorensen handles outside the box, Riley doesn't send him off, he saves the free-kick and Villa go on to win 4-2. Let's say 1 point lost.

Instead of 2 points from 4 games, we would have 8 points. Sir Bob not sacked, and now where would we be, after no knee-jerk reaction appointment of Souness to sort out the changing room?

Guest Pugwash

aye,was at leicester aswell,best game in my life

Me too. Fantastic, tension ridden days!

It takes a split second to score a goal AND to make a save. Any of those saves by that red nosed bastard in the 0-1 defeat at home to manure. Had we even drawn that game I think they'd have wrapped their hands in and we'd gone on to win the league.

Everything would be different now.

I would like to take the second theory into a run of individual seconds.

Season 2004/2005.  First four games.

Smoggies away. Winning 2-1, Jenas misses a sitter, minutes later Fat Eddie handles the ball into the net, and it stands. Lost 2 points.

Tottenham home. Atouba hits a stunner with his swinger, an impossibility by all counts. 1 point lost.

Norwich home. Just gone 2-0 up, Bentley hits a speculative shot that Given, inexplicably, lets through him. Finishes 2-2. 2 points lost.

Villa away. It's 2-2 and Sorensen handles outside the box, Riley doesn't send him off, he saves the free-kick and Villa go on to win 4-2. Let's say 1 point lost.

Instead of 2 points from 4 games, we would have 8 points. Sir Bob not sacked, and now where would we be, after no knee-jerk reaction appointment of Souness to sort out the changing room?

Remember that well. Don't forget Dyer refusing to play out on the right for Bobby that game, then poorly slipping when Zenden swung in the cross for JFH to palm in.

If Jenas scores or Dyer doesn't slip I feel like we actually could have had a solid start to that season, instead of being stuck near bottom.

One thing I noticed on the Premiership Years for the 95-6 season was in a game at Old Trafford at 0-0, Sinton swings in a cross for Spurs which deflects for a corner. Ref gives a goal-kick and Man U go up and score to win the game 1-0.

Probably one of about fifty decisions of a similar nature during that period in MUFC's history... though there'd undoubtedly be a lot of people who would say the same about us.

David Ellery definitely loved them, though.

One thing I noticed on the Premiership Years for the 95-6 season was in a game at Old Trafford at 0-0, Sinton swings in a cross for Spurs which deflects for a corner. Ref gives a goal-kick and Man U go up and score to win the game 1-0.

Same game, another incident.  Free kick given to Man Utd, taken by (I think) Gary Neville.  Centre back not watching, Sheringham nips in and gets through one-on-one with Schmeichel.  Referee pulls it back for FK to be taken again.