Richard Money

Nicky

greg you beat me to it

i think he has done a good job and will be sad to see him leave

I think one of the worrying things about that article on the official site is that going on what twat face labiarsehole said it doesn't look like he will be replaced. Hope I've got the wrong end of his comments.

greg you beat me to it

I think one of the worrying things about that article on the official site is that going on what t*** face labiarsehole said it doesn't look like he will be replaced. Hope I've got the wrong end of his comments.

Yeah its deeply concerning. How many "senior" coaching staff do we actually have left at the club now? Another example of doing it on the cheap.

greg you beat me to it

Has he? I suppose we won't know till we see any of the bairns actually come through the academy while he was here. Just a lot of people said Roeder also done a good job at the academy, yet look at our production line. Although I do agree the kids we have at the moment do seem to be the best crop we have had for a while.

Yeah its deeply concerning. How many "senior" coaching staff do we actually have left at the club now? Another example of doing it on the cheap.

True, but overmanning is even more daft.

Councils up and down the country are a classic example of that - only it's "overwimmining" there !

Yup, sad indeed, always came along like a nioce bloke.

Guess Ash is happy to recruit from the present staff, saves money.

Does anyone have any clue who will take over, anyone within the academy who can do a decent job?

I would imagine Joe Joyce would step back up to the role he was doing. It would be nice if Llambliar asked Peter Kirkley "How do we make NUFC the best academy in North East". It is strange that the likes of Keegan,Irvine, Eastwick, Joyce & Money never gave Peter the freedom or let him tell them what they was/is wrong with our youth setup yet Ron Bone (Boros Head of Academy Recruitment) & Steve Bruce(SAFC) both know that Peter is the main man in the NE.

http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:86FXdTY9OEgJ:findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_6783/is_2008_August_26/ai_n28558384/+ON+BONE+and+Newcastle+United%27s+top+talent-spotter+Peter+Kirkley&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

http://www.journallive.co.uk/safc/safc-news/2009/09/25/steve-bruce-to-scour-the-planet-for-signings-61634-24776765/2/

Spence you've beaten me to it,  was just about to suggest that NUFC go and get Peter Kirkley to run the academy.  He knows the NE like the back of his hand and can spot a player.

Looking at the previous people we've had in the role it shows that having ex managers/coaches doesn't work to have long term stability,  we seem to be the only club that loses our academy coaches to league clubs.  Irvine went from our academy to Evertons No.2 and then onto Preston,  Eastick left to work for the FA and now in charge of the U19's,  obviously we had Roeder doing an excellent job but then lost him once we sacked him followng his promotion to first team manager,  Joyce then took over but seemed to be demoted down when Money came in.  This season we have now lost Money to Luton and while he hasn't had an managerial experience we lost Kevin Richardson to Darlo.

He knows the NE like the back of his hand and can spot a player.

Looking at the previous people we've had in the role it shows that having ex managers/coaches doesn't work to have long term stability,  we seem to be the only club that loses our academy coaches to league clubs.  Irvine went from our academy to Evertons No.2 and then onto Preston,  Eastick left to work for the FA and now in charge of the U19's,  obviously we had Roeder doing an excellent job but then lost him once we sacked him followng his promotion to first team manager,  Joyce then took over but seemed to be demoted down when Money came in.  This season we have now lost Money to Luton and while he hasn't had an managerial experience we lost Kevin Richardson to Darlo.

Good post Binnsy :thup: