Upcoming gigs

• 3 weeks later...

Went to see Fat Boy Slim last night at Mainyard for Shindig. Was in a purpose built 'shed' next to Gateshead Stadium.

Not really a big dance/house music fan (went with the missus), but FBS actually does put on a cracking set.

Thats it for gigs for us this year, but did manage to get tickets for Sam Fender at the Arena next April.

Dylan John Thomas at The Head of Steam tonight, looking forward to it.

Catfish and Gerry Cinnamon next month.

Also see Kyle Falconer is playing at the Clunny in December, really tempted by that, used to love the View.

Chameleons and Theatre of Hate played Toronto last night.  Both were outstanding.

Ah man, thanks so much for posting this. Didn't realise Chameleons were touring and just seen they're playing a London gig in December, I'll definitely be going to that. Always assumed I'd never get to see them!

Chameleons and Theatre of Hate played Toronto last night.  Both were outstanding.

Ah man, thanks so much for posting this. Didn't realise Chameleons were touring and just seen they're playing a London gig in December, I'll definitely be going to that. Always assumed I'd never get to see them!

Saw the concert listing by total chance.  I also thought I’d never see them live.  They played all their old classics and sounded great.

:pow:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The boy Fender and man of the moment Cinnamon announced as the first headliners for next year's This Is Tomorrow festival.

Will wait and see who is headlining Friday and/or the others lined up before deciding on tickets.

Already going to see Fender at the Arena next year, which is only the month (or so) before this.

Went to the saturday of this years event and saw Editors, The Vaccines before Noel Gallagher, so its a decent little fest, if they get the right bands on.

Not sure about Gerry Cinnamon - is he headline material yet? Honestly only heard one or two songs, and he sounds like the lost Proclaimer, with his strong glaswegian signing style.

The boy Fender and man of the moment Cinnamon announced as the first headliners for next year's This Is Tomorrow festival.

Will wait and see who is headlining Friday and/or the others lined up before deciding on tickets.

Already going to see Fender at the Arena next year, which is only the month (or so) before this.

Went to the saturday of this years event and saw Editors, The Vaccines before Noel Gallagher, so its a decent little fest, if they get the right bands on.

Not sure about Gerry Cinnamon - is he headline material yet? Honestly only heard one or two songs, and he sounds like the lost Proclaimer, with his strong glaswegian signing style.

Can't take him seriously since seeing him called 'Ned Sheeran' online. :lol:

Anyway - sold 50k tickets for Hampden Park in minutes, so it's probably justified aye.

Went to see the lathums the other night in academy  2. Hadnt listened to them before, but was seriously impressed. I'm sure they're going to be huge in no time. They look like they're still at school but put on a very mature performance and the lead guitarist is ridiculously talented. The crowd were well up for it too, they've got a real hardcore following at an early stage.

Bought tickets for cinnamon and the kooks at this is tomorrow yesterday. 👍

Went to see the lathums the other night in academy  2. Hadnt listened to them before, but was seriously impressed. I'm sure they're going to be huge in no time. They look like they're still at school but put on a very mature performance and the lead guitarist is ridiculously talented. The crowd were well up for it too, they've got a real hardcore following at an early stage.

Mate went and said the same when I saw him at the Ride gig last night.

Just a shame Vida have split. They were IMO going to be the next BIG guitar band. Hopefully they can bang their heads together and realise what they are throwing away :(

Just a shame Vida have split. They were IMO going to be the next BIG guitar band. Hopefully they can bang their heads together and realise what they are throwing away :(

Didn't realise they had split, saw them supporting the sherlocks and thought the same

Didn't realise they had split, saw them supporting the sherlocks and thought the same

Yep. Band kicked the singer out who’s now gone solo. Think he got with a lass from Newcastle and they’ve had a bairn. The rest of the band are based in Alloa. Rumour has it they wanted to increase touring whilst Jamie Pollock was wanting to hit the studio probably so he could see bairn more and be based in Newcastle.

Just got my refund through for their Xmas Glasgow gig :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • Rich changed the title to Upcoming gigs