Upcoming gigs

Leazes1986

Guest lessthanlee

Got a ticket for Less Than Jake & The Dropkick Murphys at the Carling Academy in Nov, also thinking of getting tickets to see Rancid there a few days later...

Got tickets a few weeks ago now for the NME Tour at Northumbria Uni - The Fratellis, The Horrors, The Dykeenies and The Maccabees.

Totally forgot that it might clash with the League Cup and when I realised, I was hoping we'd play on the Tuesday, but no, at home to Portsmouth on the Wednesday. As I'd already bought them, I decided I'd go. Besides which, if I went to the match, we'd have only played crap anyway and then I'd be annoyed I'd missed the gig. If I hadn't already got tickets for the gig, I'd be going to the game, but I've a feeling I might enjoy the gig more. I hope I'm wrong.

Anyone go to Badly Drawn Boy last night? He flipped out. He started offering out everyone at the bar for 'not shutting the fuck up', then he ab-libbed some words in an acoustic number along the lines of 'and you're all a bunch of fucking cunts'. Got better after that, like.

Guest Verlaine

no, unfortunately, i hope to see a 'big band' quite soon, and then go to a festival in the summer! any reccomendations for festivals?

i like metal, rock, indie, acoustic, most but dance and pop... really.

Go to a European one outside the UK. Some really good ones in France & Iceland. Denmark too.

Got tickets a few weeks ago now for the NME Tour at Northumbria Uni - The Fratellis, The Horrors, The Dykeenies and The Maccabees.

Totally forgot that it might clash with the League Cup and when I realised, I was hoping we'd play on the Tuesday, but no, at home to Portsmouth on the Wednesday. As I'd already bought them, I decided I'd go. Besides which, if I went to the match, we'd have only played crap anyway and then I'd be annoyed I'd missed the gig. If I hadn't already got tickets for the gig, I'd be going to the game, but I've a feeling I might enjoy the gig more. I hope I'm wrong.

One of the Fratellis used to work in a pub i went to quite a lot. Cant believe they are getting so big, their tunes arent even that good! Seem to have cornered the market though. going to TV on the Radio on the 8th  :) Quality band.

Saw Sufjan Stevens at the Barbican in London tonight and i was utterly blown away. Support act was one of the guitarists from the band. She was called St Vincent and played solo on guitar and piano. She was lush, full of character and great songs. Sufjan and his band came on and were all dresssed up as birds. Highlight was Jacksonville but he also played some amazing stuff off the new 'christmas' album.

His brass section is phenomenal.

I sat next to Antony from Antony and the Johnsons.

De La Soul kicked arse by the way.  blueyes.gif blueyes.gif

Is it true their set was cut a bit short meaning they had to bin some of their classics off 3 Feet....?

De La Soul kicked arse by the way.  blueyes.gif blueyes.gif

Is it true their set was cut a bit short meaning they had to bin some of their classics off 3 Feet....?

Erm... They didn't play everything off 3FH&R, but I don't think their set was cut short because they finished about 4am, which is the normal closing time, although that was the night the clocks went back so it's a bit confusing. They didn't do an encore as far as I remember though, but I was pretty knackered by the end, not to mention under the effects of a fair few shandies.