Show us yer pumpkins...

davy_fulla

Guest lankybellwipe

So proud of myself tonight.  I haven't got an artistic bone in my body but with the help of a sharp knife and a few bottles of Tsingtao I've managed to produce:

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i169/davy_fulla/lantern-1.jpg

Madras............ Can you think of a line?   :blush:

Edit: When I first saw it, it was Av sized, and I couldn't make it out,  but thats some pretty impressive carvmanship!!

So proud of myself tonight.  I haven't got an artistic bone in my body but with the help of a sharp knife and a few bottles of Tsingtao I've managed to produce:

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i169/davy_fulla/lantern-1.jpg

Madras............ Can you think of a line?   :blush:

Edit: When I first saw it, it was Av sized, and I couldn't make it out,  but thats some pretty impressive carvmanship!!

aye I uploaded the wrong size pic at first Lanky.  I was gonna use a stencil at first but there's no ink in my printer so I basically opied it freehand from this:

http://www.spookmaster.com/pumpkin-carving-patterns-bewitchinghour.jpg

I've just realised I've missed a bit of the broom off but never mind eh.

We tried to get a pumpkin for the baba today but there were none left :( Got the mother-in-law on the case in the morning mind and I've no doubt that she'll find one even if it means nicking one from someones allotment :lol:

We tried to get a pumpkin for the baba today but there were none left :( Got the mother-in-law on the case in the morning mind and I've no doubt that she'll find one even if it means nicking one from someones allotment :lol:

Morrisons, we have too many at our store!

Which branch??

Hey Davy thats absolutely magic  :notworthy:

Cheers. Off to Morrisons to Morrisons tomorra to fill the wheely bin with pumpkins.  It must be a family thing when I think back to this clip of me nephew on the telly from a few years ago hahaha

Which branch??

Cheadle, Staffordshire  :blush:

Cheers. Off to Morrisons to Morrisons tomorra to fill the wheely bin with pumpkins.  It must be a family thing when I think back to this clip of me nephew on the telly from a few years ago hahaha

407lbs? :lol:

407lbs? :lol:

It wasn't far off mate.  Tipped in at around the 29st mark.

We had turnips round our way.

Same, never carved a pumpkin in my life. Always a turnip.

What we must have looked like walking about with a lit up Turnip  :no:

Aye.  :lol: I lived in an alright estate as well, so think the parents were all a bit stingy really.

Mind, I did carve a pumpkin once on a school youth hostel trip that was near Halloween, and I realised how much they stink, so it was no great loss.

Guest lankybellwipe

Aye.  :lol: I lived in an alright estate as well, so think the parents were all a bit stingy really.

Mind, I did carve a pumpkin once on a school youth hostel trip that was near Halloween, and I realised how much they stink, so it was no great loss.

Let me get this straight.. Are you saying you've carved turnips (plur. tournique) or your parents?

This is the gospel.. I make fresh veggie soup every week, 1 ingredient being half a turpin! This vegetarble scares the shit out of me! In order to cut this thing, with a big fuck off knife, I need to wear a gardening glove, so that in the event of a slip, due to pushing down so hard to split the bastard, I don't slash my wrist, or lose a breadstick!! How someone can create nice shapes out of these things horrifies me!!

Let me get this straight.. Are you saying you've carved turnips (plur. tournique) or your parents?

This is the gospel.. I make fresh veggie soup every week, 1 ingredient being half a turpin! This vegetarble scares the shit out of me! In order to cut this thing, with a big fuck off knife, I need to wear a gardening glove, so that in the event of a slip, due to pushing down so hard to split the bastard, I don't slash my wrist, or lose a breadstick!! How someone can create nice shapes out of these things horrifies me!!

I've never carved a turnip in my life.  :lol: But all the other kids parents did! I don't think I ever had one, because I never saw the appeal of carrying around a lit up vegetable.