Glasgow Rangers f**ked?

Decky

Was talking to one of my friends there and he tells me that Rangers are being run by Lloyds Bank at the minute and that they have debts of around £30 million? Apparently selling all their best players in January too. I dont follow Scottish football at all so wasnt really familar with this, but it shocks me that a big club like Rangers can end up in such a state. I know there are some Rangers fans on here, just how bad is it? Administration?

thought this was gunna be about wor nile, got me worried there for a second. debts of around £30million dosnt sound too bad for a club of their size, even if they are in a crap league

Apparently those debts are absolutely huge for an SPL club.

And ive edited the title btw, good point about Ranger :lol:

Guest toonlass

Was talking to one of my friends there and he tells me that Rangers are being run by Lloyds Bank at the minute and that they have debts of around £30 million? Apparently selling all their best players in January too. I dont follow Scottish football at all so wasnt really familar with this, but it shocks me that a big club like Rangers can end up in such a state. I know there are some Rangers fans on here, just how bad is it? Administration?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/oct/29/rangers-lloyds-scottland-football

thought this was gunna be about wor nile, got me worried there for a second. debts of around £30million dosnt sound too bad for a club of their size, even if they are in a crap league

30m is low by english standards but considering the state of scottish football..........

I do recall hearing somewhere, not sure where, that both the old firm clubs are basically living on borrowed time in the SPL. The wages they pay to try and compete in europe can't be sustained by the money they make in scotland. Celtic are a bit better off as they have the fella with pots of cash backing them but in the long term the only way for them to survive is by joining the Premier League or a European Super League.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8334024.stm

Meanwhile the Tims are rubbing salt in the wound...

Chairman John Reid has defended Celtic's spending policy and says the board - not the bank - will always decide which players to buy and sell.

Reid told Celtic's annual meeting that excessive debt was the road to ruin for a football club.

"Just look around you. Look what happens when you don't have financial stability," Reid told shareholders.

"People who decide who to buy and sell here are club directors - not directors of a bank."

big club like Rangers

Just like that f*** off huge tadpole that lives in the water of a contact lens

rangers are a huge club who have a big fan base they are just in s shit league

Scottish football man, good for a laugh every now and then but an utter embarrassment in terms of quality.

you could say the same about us

Apparently those debts are absolutely huge for an SPL club.

And ive edited the title btw, good point about Ranger :lol:

Yes, £30m is alot of debt for an SPL club, especially when you think that a total of £7m was enough to take 3 teams out, until the SPL and other investers dug deep to save them.

I don't think they would ever be screwed though, even if they are in the SPL, I could see someone coughing up the money for Rangers.

Walter Smith made a good point a few weeks ago, saying that Scottish players aren't coming down to England to play in the Premiership, but are snubbing the bigger clubs up there these days to play in the Championship. Sure I heard one commentator the other day saying there's about 50 Scots in the Championship this season.

In fact here's a list. All of these are either Scottish, or eligible to play for Scotland.

Barnsley

Andy Gray

Blackpool

Steven Crainey

Steven McPhee

Charlie Adam

Bristol City

Jamie McAllister

David Clarkson

Paul Hartley

Cardiff City

Kevin McNaughton

Gavin Rae

Chris Burke

Ross McCormack

Paul Quinn

David Marshall

Coventry

James McPake

Michael McIndoe

Crystal Palace

Nobody?

Derby

James McEveley

Kris Commons

Gary Teale

Steven Pearson

Paul Dickov

Doncaster Rovers

Neil Sullivan

Martin Woods

Sean McDaid

Jack Wilson

Ipswich

Nobody?

Leicester

Robbie Neilson

Paul Dickov

Craig King

Steve Howard

Paul Gallagher

Middlesbrough

Nobody?

Newcastle

Bradden Inman

Nottingham Forest

Nobody?

Peterborough

Paul Coutts

George Boyd

Craig Mackail-Smith

Plymouth

Jim Paterson

Steve MacLean

David Gray

David McNamee

Alan Gow

Chris Clark

Preston

Callum Davidson

Michael Hart

Barry Nicholson

Ross Wallace

Neil Collins

QPR

Nobody?

Reading

Chris Armstrong

Alex Pearce

Scunthorpe

Kenny Milne

Sheffield Utd

Gary Naysmith

Nick Montgomery

Sheffield Wednesday

Nobody?

Swansea

Craig Beattie

Stephen Dobbie

Watford

Don Cowie

Scott Severin

West Brom

Graham Dorrans

James Morrison

Guest Haris Vuckic

Inman is an Ozzie. Eligible to play for Scotcheggland means fuck all.

Scotland is only fit for haggis and casual racism from the English.  :angry:

Rangers ain't being run by Lloyds bank at all, it's total bollocks, the state are now pumping money into Rangers seeing as we all loaned Lloyds money to keep them afloat, infact I believe the Scottich Parliament should be pumping money in after all they want independence!

Guest neesy111

tbf, 30 million compared to rangers annual turnover is relative modest, the only reason the bank is screwing them, is that lloyds are going to everyone that owe's them money (including smaller businesses), and trying to get their money bank asap

Rangers ain't being run by Lloyds bank at all, it's total bollocks, the state are now pumping money into Rangers seeing as we all loaned Lloyds money to keep them afloat, infact I believe the Scottich Parliament should be pumping money in after all they want independence!

Where do you think the scottish parliament gets it's money??

The level of ignorance being displayed in this thread of what Scotland is all about, what Scottish people want or what its football league is all about is truly fucking breathtaking. :lol: