Paranormal Activity - The Movie

Gash

Builds tension superbly. Very good.

Some of the bits where freaky as fuck:

I was waiting for a ghost to bounce out and scare the fuck out of me. Then the first bedroom scene happens, the noise of the stairs freaked me fucking out. The entire duration of every night time scene fucked me up, the scene where the girl gets dragged out of bed scared the shit out of me as well :lol: Brilliant film.

Obtaining this now. Looking forward to it, looks right up my street. Gonna watch it tonight after getting in from a Halloween party, and scare myself shitless in my flat which is probably haunted.  :snod:

Watched this in the house by myself last night after a smoke and didn't think it was that scary, the nightime bits we're pretty intense although the film had some bad acting in parts.. but still a really good film.

Felt spooked when going to bed though, so I guess it had an effect, couldn't sleep for ages :lol:

Just finished watching this. Was going to last night when I came home, but put Casualty on instead and promptly fell asleep.

Didn't think it was that great tbh, which is a shame because I love that sort of movie (handheld camera sort of style). Always find them much easier to get into, but this was a disappointment. The nighttime bits were creepy, but it all felt a bit lacking.

I'll still probably be spooked when I'm trying to get to sleep later like.

I wouldn't say it's the sort of film to watch on a Sunday afternoon, more of a watch alone at night just before bed film.

I could have heard a pin drop from a mile away in bed last night :lol:

I wouldn't say it's the sort of film to watch on a Sunday afternoon, more of a watch alone at night just before bed film.

Definitely. Really wanted to watch it last night, but was knackered.

It's just another Blair Witch IMHO.. not bad, not great.  There's less hype around this one so people are judging it much less critically than the unfairly-panned Blair Witch.  The good bits are done very, very well.. but it was kinda dull on the whole, I thought.

Top spot for films like this, though, still goes to the made-for-TV (I think) "The McPherson Tape", which I think was later rebranded "Alien Abduction" and was a work of unbelievable genius (at least, the first half of it was).

It's a Blair Witch for this generation of tweens. Not saying Blair Witch is old, just that time moves fucking fast these days.