The Leazes corner

Leazes1986

Level 7 is probably the most full part of the ground, has the least empties, in the leazes corner atleast. Cheapest tickets + Student ticket availability make it sell out. It's been great this season, still 3k standing every week. Probably better than it was last year as well, but that goes for the whole ground.

You get the people who like supporting their team standing behind the first few rows of "proper fans" who like to sit down and give you funny looks when you don't speak the queens or chant something that isn't "United! United! United!" or "You fat cockney bastard..."

I enjoyed my game up there overall though.

Pros:

Best atmsophere.

You can stand.

Tickets are cheaper.

Cons:

Charvers do silly things, such as sing "Where'd you park your minibus" to Plymouth's full travelling support.

Stairs. Loads of stairs.

Pretty much so.

Guest labrowski

It's pretty good up there like. Got my season ticket there this season.

I still havnt learned to leave the pub a bit earlier tho. I always end up having to run up them ruddy stairs!

was going to ask about here for the Watford game (my first Newcastle game) and am sure am goin to be sitting here now after what ive read

forget about sitting, you will be standing if you want to watch the match.

Even better then, i hate sitting at football

was going to ask about here for the Watford game (my first Newcastle game) and am sure am goin to be sitting here now after what ive read

forget about sitting, you will be standing if you want to watch the match.

Even better then, i hate sitting at football

Came up from Glasgow myself for the Doncaster game at St James' (assuming you're from Glasgow). Sat in level 4, was good but a bit quiet until the match got exciting. Level 7 was where all the noise was at.

• 1 month later...
Guest chris1210

I've always thought the atmosphere is great. Yeah, there's the odd dafty, but i've found that wherever i've sat tbh.

By the way, due to other commitments (and missing tons of games), i have the rest of my season ticket for sale if anyones interested? Row J in the Leazes corner, price is much cheaper than the half season tickets being offered by the club at present.

Pros:

Best atmsophere.

You can stand.

Tickets are cheaper.

Cons:

Charvers do silly things, such as sing "Where'd you park your minibus" to Plymouth's full travelling support.

Stairs. Loads of stairs.

The charvs were singing "Sit down, shut up" after they had just equalised aswell. Aye, nice one, they'll be gutted by that.

Guest WashyGeordie

Pros:

Best atmsophere.

You can stand.

Tickets are cheaper.

Cons:

Stairs. Loads of stairs.

The charvs were singing "Sit down, shut up" after they had just equalised aswell. Aye, nice one, they'll be gutted by that.

That's the only downside although I think it's getting better (compared to when it used to be 'Keano wanks his dog' and 'shoes off..' every home game, and when it used to be like 3 songs on the go at once.

You get used to climbing the stairs though / It's worth it.  :smug:

But it is the best part of the ground at the moment imo.

The Leazes! The Leazes!