Which Premier League XI

Guest firetotheworks

I thin Baba is hung up on conventional positions which we don't see for players such as Ronaldo i.e is he a winger? Rooney is he a striker? Where does Giggs play? Gerrard is he a attacking midfielder or a 2nd striker?

Fair point. I just don't think Gerrard is a wide player. He played there for Liverpool the same reason Guthrie played there for us. Liverpool want to put their best players on the pitch, and they have a lack of good options besides. I don't think that is really a good position for him.

Guest Stephen927

This is currently the best 11 in the league, the table doesn't lie.

-------------------------------Cech

--Bosingwa-------Terry---------------Carvalho------Cole

-----------------------------Essien

---------------Ballack------------------------Malouda

-----------------------------Lampard

---------------------Anelka-------------Drogba

Guest firetotheworks

Why all these Premier League threads? Surpirsed no one has made a Championship version.

my first thought also

Most of us don't have a clue about half the teams in the Championship!

:snod:

Guest kingdawson

Given

Sagna      Vidic      Terry      Cole

Essien

Fabregas    Gerrard

Arshavin                   Modric

Torres   

Sorry, just.... :mackems:

Of all the suggestions on here (Fellaini who's been a sub, Billy who's new to this league, Young who's been borderline s****) Modric's inclusion makes you laugh?

Yes, because those other inclusions were as part of a team working as a team, and an alternative was suggested which included the best players possible.

Modric in the same midfield as Fabregas, Gerrard, Arshavin and Essien? Really?....reeeaaally?

I don't understand why you're saying tbh. Team working as a team? please elaborate...

I was under the impression that this was a thread about the best Premiership X1 this season?

Guest toonlass

Friedel

Sagna  Carvalho  Terry  Evra

Gerrard    Fabregas  Lampard  Arshavin

Torres  Drogba

Reina

Sagna-Vidic-Vermaelen-Evra

Essien

Fabregas-Gerrard

RvP                              Arshavin

Torres

My initial thoughts.

Guest firetotheworks

Given

Essien

Fabregas    Gerrard

Torres   

Of all the suggestions on here (Fellaini who's been a sub, Billy who's new to this league, Young who's been borderline s****) Modric's inclusion makes you laugh?

Yes, because those other inclusions were as part of a team working as a team, and an alternative was suggested which included the best players possible.

Modric in the same midfield as Fabregas, Gerrard, Arshavin and Essien? Really?....reeeaaally?

I don't understand why you're saying tbh. Team working as a team? please elaborate...

I was under the impression that this was a thread about the best Premiership X1 this season?

For example a midfield of Gerrard Lampard Essien Fabregas would perhaps not work very well together, but would be considered to consist of the best midfielders in the league.

Whereas a midfield of something like Lennon Essien Lampard Arshavin doesn't nessessarily contain all of the best midfielders in the league, but would work better together because it consists of players that would complement each other. Does that make more sense?

That's why it is very difficult, if you want to play players who compliment each other or just the best 4 midfielders, the best 4 defenders etc

I like trying to make them compliment each other!

Guest firetotheworks

Its not difficult man, just pick the best XI players.

I was just saying all that ridiculously concise stuff to explain why someone posted 2 possible teams

Nah, he's not the best. Great shot stopper but not better than VDS or Reina.

Better than Reina imo. Purely based on his ability to deal with crosses much more successfully.

:facepalm:

Guest kingdawson

Given

Essien

Fabregas    Gerrard

Torres   

For example a midfield of Gerrard Lampard Essien Fabregas would perhaps not work very well together, but would be considered to consist of the best midfielders in the league.

Whereas a midfield of something like Lennon Essien Lampard Arshavin doesn't nessessarily contain all of the best midfielders in the league, but would work better together because it consists of players that would complement each other. Does that make more sense?

I get what you're saying but Ashley Young has been pretty rubbish this season. It doesn't matter if his style of play suits a team more than Modric's if he's not playing well. His performances this season does not justify him being included in a Premiership X1. Same goes for Fellaini who hasn't even been a regular starter for Everton.

Modric was our star performer this season before he got injured. It's no coincidence that out form dipped when he wasn't playing.

Guest firetotheworks

Nah, its just because him being in the current premier league XI is laughable, nothing more. He's played all of 5 games (around about) of being top class before getting injured.

Reina

Sagna-Vidic-Vermaelen-Evra

Essien

Fabregas-Gerrard

RvP                              Arshavin

Torres

My initial completely unbiased thoughts.

FYP

I'm going to attempt to put a team out not composed of sky 4 players to be different and basically the same names are cropping up over and over again

Given

Corluka Hangeland Dunne Warnock

Milner Palacios Barry Modric

Defoe Adeboyaor

Guest kingdawson

Nah, its just because him being in the current premier league XI is laughable, nothing more. He's played all of 5 games (around about) of being top class before getting injured.

A player playing very well for a team that was top of the league is laughable but including a player in the X1 that's been borderline s**** (didn't Brummie even admit on here that Youngs form has been poor) and another player that hasn't even properly established himself in his own teams first eleven is ok? (Fellaini)

Btw Billy has played less league games than modric has this season but you didn't question his inclusion?

Guest firetotheworks

A player playing very well for a team that was top of the league is laughable but including a player in the X1 that's been borderline s**** (didn't Brummie even admit on here that Youngs form has been poor) and another player that hasn't even properly established himself in his own teams first eleven is ok? (Fellaini)

Btw Billy has played less league games than modric has this season but you didn't question his inclusion?

Why does it bother you? Young was a top player for at least a season, putting him in the team at the moment while he's been poor still makes more sense than putting an injured player who was a top player for 5 games. Boring debate tbh, neither Young nor Modric are good enough for the Premier League XI anyway imo.

Modric is great, one of the best players in the league if you ask me. He is one of the few midfielders in the EPL that can really dictate the pace of his side and give a purpose to their attacking movements (Tottenham look like a headless chicken since he went down).