Which Premier League XI

Guest firetotheworks

Reina

Sagna  Carvalho Ferdinand Cole

Gerrard  Cesc  Essien  Arshavin

Torres  Drogbar

I firmly believe that Rio is having a blip in form due to the fact he hasn't been fully fit with regards to his back injury so he has to be in there. Cesc makes the team instead of Lampard, although Lampard does score more goals I have picked Cesc simply due to his passing ability which for me nobody can compete with, he would keep the team ticking over. Essien would also get his chance to shine as an actual box-to-box midfielder which is what I think his best position is, think he has been constrained too much in Chelsea's formations in the past few seasons.

Drogbar and Torres speak for themselves.

Cech

Glenn Johnsen Terry  Vidic  Evra

Essian

Fabregas  Lampard Gerrard

Torres Drogba

Modric is easily better than Young, it's not even up for debate.  He's a cracking player.

Whoever picked him is only getting grief because he plays for Tottingham.  Yawn.

He is brilliant. He is better than Young. There are better players in the league though!

I am selecting best players on individual basis, not whether they will play well together. And the formation I am selecting is my personal favourite - regardless of the popularity of this formation in actual football industry !

Pepe Reina

John Terry, Nemanja Vidic, Thomas Vermaelen,

Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, Michael Essien, Cesc Fabregas, Andreas Arshavin

Fernando Torres, Didier Drogba

Now a team that I think would work fantastically

Pepe Reina

Glenn Johnson, Nemanja Vidic, Thomas Vermaelen, Ashley Cole

Frank Lampard, Michael Essien, Cesc Fabregas,

Wayne Rooney, Fernando Torres, Andreas Arshavin

Reina

Sagna      Vidic                Terry      A Cole

Essien

Lampard          Fabregas

Arshavin                          Gerrard

Torres

Can't believe anyone would pick Vermalen - goal threat he may be at times, but he's so suspect defensively.

Also - Ashley Young (someone picked him on page 1, can't be arsed to look back) - have you seen him play much this season? He's been awful, as he was for the second half of last season.

Can't believe anyone would pick Vermalen - goal threat he may be at times, but he's so suspect defensively.

Also - Ashley Young (someone picked him on page 1, can't be arsed to look back) - have you seen him play much this season? He's been awful, as he was for the second half of last season.

Aye it was me who picked Young.

He was the first right winger off the top of my head and I mainly picked him on reputation, I admittedly haven't watched as much Premier League football this season.

Same as Bilyaletdinov. Off the top of my head I'm not sure he's the best left winger in the league but having watched him a couple of times this season he certatainly look like he's recaputuring his international form and is up there amoungst the front runners.

I thought the aim was to pick a premier league team that would gel together, if I was picking the best players my side would have been slightly different.

Guest toonlass

Reina

Sagna  Carvalho Ferdinand Cole

Gerrard  Cesc   Essien   Arshavin

Torres  Drogbar

I firmly believe that Rio is having a blip in form due to the fact he hasn't been fully fit with regards to his back injury so he has to be in there. Cesc makes the team instead of Lampard, although Lampard does score more goals I have picked Cesc simply due to his passing ability which for me nobody can compete with, he would keep the team ticking over. Essien would also get his chance to shine as an actual box-to-box midfielder which is what I think his best position is, think he has been constrained too much in Chelsea's formations in the past few seasons.

Hey Tooj, I have been reliably informed by Babatunde that Carvalho is shite. It must be true  :lol:

I would have had Carvalho in a year ago but he barely played last season and from what I can tell form has dropped significantly following injuries. I actually rated him higher than Terry under Mourinho.

Reina

Sagna-Vidic-Vermaelen-Evra

Essien

Fabregas-Gerrard

RvP                              Arshavin

Torres

My initial completely unbiased thoughts.

FYP

That's for a team working, not best players in positions!

Guest kingdawson

Aye it was me who picked Young.

He was the first right winger off the top of my head and I mainly picked him on reputation, I admittedly haven't watched as much Premier League football this season.

Same as Bilyaletdinov. Off the top of my head I'm not sure he's the best left winger in the league but having watched him a couple of times this season he certatainly look like he's recaputuring his international form and is up there amoungst the front runners.

I thought the aim was to pick a premier league team that would gel together, if I was picking the best players my side would have been slightly different.

From what i've seen of him, Bilyaletdinov looks a very good player but lacks pace. Think he'd be an awsome cm tbh.

Honestly don't think i've watched a Premier League match this year. In November. Madness.

I watched both Arsenal Blackburn and Chelsea Liverpool one hungover Sunday at a mate's and that's it apart from a few bits and bobs here and there. Not having sky gives me no incentive to watch.

Reina

Sagna Carvalho Ferdinand Cole

Gerrard Cesc Essien Arshavin

Torres Drogbar

Hey Tooj, I have been reliably informed by Babatunde that Carvalho is s****. It must be true :lol:

You can laugh if you want, I guess, but he has been a problem for them this year. He's been a liability on set pieces and is not as quick as he once was. Only two years ago or so, I was telling people he might be the best centreback in the world and I've witnessed his decline. As others have said, injuries have definitely had their effect and he's not the same player. Come the end of this season, he will not even be first choice at his won club.