Things you think are great but are supposed to think are sh*t - Football edition

Cajun

Absolutely spanking teams or even if I have no attachment to the teams seeing one getting spanked. Ok it is exciting seeing a close game going to the wire but I don't see what wrong with one team completely dominating the other.

For similar reasons above, when we had UEFA cup games again FC Parttimechef. Ok it was extra games but I loved watching these games and us being on top for the majority.

0-0 games where a/both defence/s have been top class. Its exciting seeing goals but its still great seeing top class football in any area of the pitch. I suppose I am a bit biased being as I was a defender when I played.

They yellow kit is growing on me too  :blush:

Guest firetotheworks

David Beckham

Peter Crouch

When the plucky underdog gets absolutely demolished after going 1-0 up and singing 'who are ya!?'. Fucking hilarious

People running on the pitch

Peter Crouch

When the plucky underdog gets absolutely demolished after going 1-0 up and singing 'who are ya!?'. Fucking hilarious

People running on the pitch

Agree with those three, especially the first who I'm an avid lover and impersonator of.

Guest firetotheworks

When Barca beat Chelsea and Man United.

Normally I'd want the English team to win, but the general arrogance from our country was so fucking blind. If they'd watched any Barca match last season they'd have soon changed their tune.

I told my Man United supporting mate that Barca would twonk them, and she was having none of it. Even when I said that theyre the best team Ive ever seen she had the audacity to say 'yeah, but defensively they'll not be able to deal with us.'

Oh how I laughed as I watched Puyol, out of his natural position deal with everything thrown at him.

Despite the shocking quality, Sunday league football is always a good laugh to go and watch. Dodgy (biased) linesmen, people being too scared to dive, people taking the piss out of their team mates during the match, woman running off scared everytime the ball looks like it might hit them, dodgy keepers who blatantly want to be outfield.

Normally I'd want the English team to win, but the general arrogance from our country was so f***ing blind. If they'd watched any Barca match last season they'd have soon changed their tune.

I told my Man United supporting mate that Barca would twonk them, and she was having none of it. Even when I said that theyre the best team Ive ever seen she had the audacity to say 'yeah, but defensively they'll not be able to deal with us.'

Oh how I laughed as I watched Puyol, out of his natural position deal with everything thrown at him.

To be honest.. Barcelona did defend brilliantly but it was certainly a concern for them before the match, since some of their back four was unavailable...

..also as for our country's arrogance.. what about you saying to a Man Utd supporter 'they will get twonked'?

Guest firetotheworks

Normally I'd want the English team to win, but the general arrogance from our country was so f***ing blind. If they'd watched any Barca match last season they'd have soon changed their tune.

To be honest.. Barcelona did defend brilliantly but it was certainly a concern for them before the match, since some of their back four was unavailable...

..also as for our country's arrogance.. what about you saying to a Man Utd supporter 'they will get twonked'?

...they did, I'd watched both teams all season, she hadn't. I said 'I think you'll get twonked' too, it was partly football banter too, but I did think that Barca would crush them.