God of War III

fuhg

Might have to unpack my PS3 to try this... it's been nearly two months since I packed it to move house.

But then there will be a twenty minute update before I can access it. Not sure I can really be bothered tbh.

If you ever think of selling it let me know.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Alright, that was a very fun demo, the gore and stuff is certainly agreeable.

Played the original God of War in the summer of 2005. Moved into my second year of uni house in the summer while preparing for a resit exam and my housemate had just gone and bought a ps2 and GoW. Managed to beat the game 2 days before the exam and passed it. One of my all-time greatest achievements.

God of War was always a bit of a poor man's Devil May Cry (or rather a DMC for people who couldn't play DMC properly because the combos were too hard).  I'll get the demo, but I don't have high hopes for anything other than it looking good.

Have you played the same DMC and same GoW that I have?

DMC is a very anime/japanese style platform game that has its own quirks and qualities and is generally an all round awesome series(although 3 was a bit naff) with the story boiling down to a bad a$$ mofo struggling to get to grips with his family history

GoW is a bloody roaring platform style, adventure through mythology(mostly greek) in which the main character is a bad a$$ mofo that is seriously angry at the gods, so decides to embark on a quest of vengence.

both are awesome but very different games 

Played the demo.  I just don't like the over the top glowing FX when you hit someone.  I'd prefer very little to none as it at present you don't really see what your doing, it's just like some sort of fireworks display coming out of his arms.

I'm not too fussed on this, and this was one of the big hopes fro the PS3 for me for this year.  Just went though using a combination of L1 and square then on to the QTEs (fuck arghh twat!).  Does every fucking SCE product have to have QTEs and the bloody six axis crap.

From the speil at the start this looks like it was an iteration from June last year so hopefully things may improve by the time of release.  However, this is yet another Sony exclusive I'll be waiting on coming down to a tenner by the looks of it.

Don't think I gave this a fair crack last time, it's actually alright, the combat still feels a bit bland but I quite like the theme now, pulling out the cyclops eye was awesome :lol:

Don't think I gave this a fair crack last time, it's actually alright, the combat still feels a bit bland but I quite like the theme now, pulling out the cyclops eye was awesome :lol:

aye!

its deliciously gruesome, thought the bit with Helios was fantastic.

Played it again and can't wait now, got a 44 combo :D

The Disembowling of the minotaur and ripping the horn off the snaked tail thing before smashing it through its skull are beautifuly animated :lol: As soon as it finished my lass said "Don't like it, it's disgusting" whilst I was grinning like a maniac.

Only concerns are that there'll be a lack of enemies (Hundreds of creatures all with individual gory fatalities please) and the combat you get in the demo is all you get?

Will there be new moves and weapons/combos to unlock?

A 44 combo is nowt, in that bit where you end up against ten enemies I ended up with over 150 by spamming the L1 circular attack.

I think in previous games you unlocked various combos and specials with those gold orbs, more so than bayonetta.

150 ffs :lol:  Time to play it again.

If there's more combos than Bayonetta then I'm sold, would have bought it anyway like after a big price drop but now I'm tempted by a pre-order.

• 7 months later...

I think this might be the best game ive ever played!! Pisses all over the likes of uncharted. Going to have to buy the first two once ive finished in. Really love everything about it.

Yes mate, I agree.  It's graphics is immense and the game is solid and fluid.  It has amazing moments in it, still have not finished it yet.

...except for the flying bits, presumably?

(and most of the bits in the big underground chamber with the boxes and chains were pretty dull)

(and don't get me started on the Guitar Hero bit)

flying bits dont really bother me, maybe this is because i havent played the previous 2, im assuming he cant do that in those?