Why wont he just have the operation?

JH

From Sunday Sun: Source

Meanwhile, United boss Glenn Roeder has hinted Shola Ameobi, who started yesterday's game against Manchester City, might delay his hip operation for another week so he can face Arsenal on Saturday.

:lol:

There are no words.

Or maybe there are as Nufc.com puts it:

What purpose Shola served by appearing in this game escaped us, as he looked exactly what he is - an injured player with restricted movement awaiting an operation. Frankly we'd have been better served playing Titus Bramble up front....

Roeder really is running out of ideas to keep Luque out of the frame.

Guest alexharrisonnufc

:lol:

There are no words.

Or maybe there are as Nufc.com puts it:

What purpose Shola served by appearing in this game escaped us, as he looked exactly what he is - an injured player with restricted movement awaiting an operation. Frankly we'd have been better served playing Titus Bramble up front....

Roeder really is running out of ideas to keep Luque out of the frame.

He is just putting the team at risk wouldnt you rather have a luque on the pitch than a crippled ameobi stupid managment. class a p***

Because this is all part of the painful and embarrassing circus that accompanies the relegation of a "big club" like Newcastle United...because the management "know" that Shola is the best striking option we have at the club at the moment (pity poor Luque...) - there's nobody can save us now. We're done for.

If Ameobi is so commited to the club why wouldn't he just tell Roeder to fuck off and say he's too unfit to play and needs the operation STAT.

He shoudn't even have to, though. The fact that Roeder even suggets he play next week is beyond ridiculous, he is an idiot and doesn't have a clue.

Guest Darth Toon

Arsenal away, with a not even half-fit Shola leading the line fills me with utter dread.

Anyone else think we might get an absolute hiding there? If they play like they did against Liveprool yesterday it could get embarrassing....

He should have been on the first plane to the USA at the end of last season. This is very poor management and individual selfishness. Unless the insurance guys are behind it.

The only good thing aboitu him having to have the operation is that he can't play for us, and Roeder/his replacement will have to think about strikers in january.

My biggest fear is that he comes back after the op, and gets a first team place again. If he's a first team player, then we ARE in the right position in the league.

don't know why really?

i think roeder is asking him to delay the op,so he don't have to go for luque

even if he does have the op,i am thinking PAV as our new striking options

shola is playing in the current short term,but he will be forced to sit for a longer period of the the more he keeps on playing,and thats a delight for me,a striker with a recored of .22 goals-game in his newcastle career really should just be called the new carl cort and sent packing to whatever team will be forced to take him,can't think of the thought that last sesaon he wanted to play for england!:D

have to admire his loyalty though..