Xbox 360 Data Transfer Kit

Mugatu

Just bought a new elite today as my old Premium model packed up yesterday.  :angry:

Anyway, I need to transfer all my data from the old 20gb hdd to the new one. Does anyone have the data transfer kit to do this? You used to be able to get them from Microsoft for free but I think they have stopped that now.

I'm just looking to borrow one for a few days really. Will happily pay postage and a bit extra for helping me out.

Cheers

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I've still get the cable, but thought you could only use it once, if you live locally, I'll see if I can get it posted to you if you want. Just post it back when you're done.

I've still get the cable, but thought you could only use it once, if you live locally, I'll see if I can get it posted to you if you want. Just post it back when you're done.

That would be superb mate thanks, all the ebay ones seem to be £10 - £15.

I'm pretty sure they can be used more than once although Microsoft imply otherwise. I guess they do that to discourage people selling them on at profit.

Did you use yours to take date from a 20gb to 120gb? Is there a CD needed as well?

I live up in Glasgow but if you can post it that would be great. I'll paypal you some money to cover postage etc.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

That would be superb mate thanks, all the ebay ones seem to be £10 - £15.

I'm pretty sure they can be used more than once although Microsoft imply otherwise. I guess they do that to discourage people selling them on at profit.

Did you use yours to take date from a 20gb to 120gb? Is there a CD needed as well?

I live up in Glasgow but if you can post it that would be great. I'll paypal you some money to cover postage etc.

Aye, I think there was a CD now you mention it nee idea where that's gone though. I used it to transfer from a 20gb to a 120gb, the cable came with the 120gb HD. I'll have another look for the CD, if I can't find it, I'll post the cable anyway (might be able to download the CD ISO?)