Great Fans- S*** Songs

Doug

It has to be said that while we once again impressively and noisily filled the away end as usual last night. The paucity of our singing repetoire is beginning to show us up.

1/ "Your support is f***ing s***" what is that all about, here we are in 2009 spewing that at Sheff Utd fans who are as loyal as they come.

2/ "s*** ground s*** fans" see above. Ask yourself how much these two are going to help us retain the respect we crave as great fans from from rival supporters

3/ "get out of our club" this is fair enough but why the cockney zenophobia. NUFC has a loyal London based fan club, former players like Rob Lee and Warren Barton must weep not to mention our new upcoming star Ranger. Ashley isnt even a Cockney FFS. Totally embarrasing.

4/ the boot boy song, nice tune, but my god the lyrics,

These were sung over and over again. We can do better than that.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact we have not had much to celebrate for so long, it pains me to say it but you wouldnt hear that kind of dross from the scouses.

It has to be said that while we once again impressively and noisily filled the away end as usual last night. The paucity of our singing repetoire is beginning to show us up.

1/ "Your support is f***ing s***" what is that all about, here we are in 2009 spewing that at Sheff Utd fans who are as loyal as they come.

2/ "s*** ground s*** fans" see above. Ask yourself how much these two are going to help us retain the respect we crave as great fans from from rival supporters

3/ "get out of our club" this is fair enough but why the cockney zenophobia. NUFC club has a loyal London based fan club, former players like Rob Lee and Warren Barton must weep not to mention our new upcoming star Ranger. Ashley isnt even a Cockney FFS. Totally embarrasing.

4/ the boot boy song, nice tune, but my god the lyrics,

These were sung over and over again. We can do better than that.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact we have not had much to celebrate for so long, it pains me to say it but you wouldnt hear that kind of dross from the scouses.

Hate that when its sang home and away. So arrogant and cringeworthy.

Guest toonlass

Surely the wonderful "Newcastle, Newcastle, Newcastle, Newcastle, Newcastle, Newcasssstle" song got done. If in doubt sing it out.

3/ "get out of our club" this is fair enough but why the cockney zenophobia. NUFC has a loyal London based fan club, former players like Rob Lee and Warren Barton must weep not to mention our new upcoming star Ranger. Ashley isnt even a Cockney FFS. Totally embarrasing.

This song is much better with the line replaced with 'fat lying bastard'.

We have plenty of good songs but people don't sing them, if they are started then someone will shout 'TOON TOON' and because people know the words they will just sing that. It is a shame so many of our fans don't want to learn new songs because we have some great chants.

Guest Brummiemag

I love the boot boy song (its traditional) and the fat cockney bastard song and join in every time. He's from down south so cockney will do. Theres always been an anti London, anti wealthy arrogant southerner feeling amongst a lot of people from the North East so to me the word cockney emphasises that he's not part of what we are all about.  If he was from the midlands it wouldnt bother me to sing fat brummie bastard.

I agree with you about the 'shit fans shit ground' and 'your support is fucking shit' songs though. I never sing them, I think it sounds arrogant and disrespectful to loyal fans of other clubs, who in some cases may not be large in number (eg Scunthorpe) but have followed their team for years, won fuck all and resisted the temptation to become glory hunters by supporting a larger more sucessful club. 

Also, singing we are top of the league with half an hour left just tempts fate....

Just a bit of humour IMO. We were singing that as soon as the goal went in and doing the olé chants later on when under serious pressure. :laugh:

Guest WashyGeordie

Whatever happened to Drunk 'n' Disorderly, Hark now Hear etc? Even the Blaydon Races is a rarity these days.

Don't agree that we don't have decent songs in the locker though. Shola Ameobi and Any O'Brien spring to mind.

'Geordie Alloutte'

'Bertie Mee'

'Cock of the North'

'Cream of the land'

'Everywhere we go'

'If you want to go to heaven when you die / proud to be a Geordie'

'We hate Nottingham Forest'

'Whos that team we call United'

'Magpie Ranger'

To name a few, and even:

'Who's the Geordie in defence?'

'Dont wanna go home'

'Oh Gutierrez'

'This club is my club'

This song is much better with the line replaced with 'fat lying b******'.

I think even a simple 'fuck off Mike Ashley' there would work. Still got a nasty edge but is more personal to him.

Has to be said that as great as our support is in numbers, we're bloody hopeless at coming up with original songs. I always thought it poor that one of our best players, Peter Beardsley had the tuneless dirge "There's only one Peter Beardsley" as a song.

The Liverpool and Man Utd support seem to come with a wide range of songs yet we seem to struggle to come up with a single new song each year. The only new one this year has been "Get out of our club."

Guest WashyGeordie

Has to be said that as great as our support is in numbers, we're bloody hopeless at coming up with original songs. I always thought it poor that one of our best players, Peter Beardsley had the tuneless dirge "There's only one Peter Beardsley" as a song.

The Liverpool and Man Utd support seem to come with a wide range of songs yet we seem to struggle to come up with a single new song each year. The only new one this year has been "Get out of our club."

I know what you mean.

Someone on TU suggested using: Boney M. - Rivers Of Babylon as a new song, but no words got put together with it.

F.C. United are a good example of how a support can back their team with a wide range of songs (a lot of them about Glazer, admittedly, but the point remains). Our offerings are mostly repetitive and dirge-like. We could really do with a made-it-through-the-rain, we'll support you evermore-type anthem a la Blowing Bubbles or Blue Moon, as the Blaydon Races only really works within the context of a celebratory moment.

Whatever happened to Drunk 'n' Disorderly, Hark now Hear etc? Even the Blaydon Races is a rarity these days.

Don't agree that we don't have decent songs in the locker though. Shola Ameobi and Any O'Brien spring to mind.

'Geordie Alloutte'

'Bertie Mee'

'Cock of the North'

'Cream of the land'

'Everywhere we go'

'Magpie Ranger'

To name a few, and even:

'Dont wanna go home'

'Oh Gutierrez'

'This club is my club'

My 2 year old knows that 'Oh Gutierrez' song off by heart (substitutinh Looking Dynamte for fucking dynamite obviously). She also sings No No no Nolan and Na na na Na Nicky Butt a lot as well.

'Geordie Alloutte'

'Bertie Mee'

'Cock of the North'

'Cream of the land'

'Everywhere we go'

'Magpie Ranger'

To name a few, and even:

'Dont wanna go home'

'Oh Gutierrez'

'This club is my club'

My 2 year old knows that 'Oh Gutierrez' song off by heart (substitutinh Looking Dynamte for f***ing dynamite obviously). She also sings No No no Nolan and Na na na Na Nicky Butt a lot as well.

girl 1 knew the que sera,sera song when she was 3.