Llambias - More Comments - Journal

NG32

by The Journal:

"The money that Mike put in last week (£20M) was to cover costs like wages and so on because we wanted to keep the core of a squad together which would have the best possible chance of being able to get us promoted this season.

“It has not been put aside for transfers. However, we have had a meeting with Chris last week and we have told him we will do whatever we can whenever he needs it.

“We are looking at it now, at this moment we are looking at players he has given us the names of.

“If he wants a player, we ask for the name and the position and then we will try to sign them. At the moment, in our present circumstances, we would prefer that to be loan signings.

"However, in January, when the transfer window opens, if Chris sees a player he wants to buy for a million quid or so we will go out and get him for the team.

"We are particularly interested in player under the age of 22 because we have always had an idea of building something for the future as well as the present. We are currently talking to two 16 year-olds from Ireland who we are going to sign for our Academy (one of whom is presumably Dundalk defender Nathan Murphy).

“But there will be money invested in the team because the most important thing is getting us up – and if Chris feels the team is short in a particular area, we want to be able to do something about it for him.

“I know we are unpopular and I know a lot of fans don’t like us, but all we want to do is give the club the best possible chance to get back into the Premier League for next season.

“That is in everybody’s interests and we would urge supporters to get behind the team. There is a lot of negativity surrounding the club and there has been for a long time.

“But the most important thing is the team and helping that team get promoted. Promotion is by far and away the most important thing this season and we should all be focused on that goal. When we have achieved that and this team is back in the right division we will focus our energy on making sure we have a team which can keep us there.”

You had us in the right division, everyone was telling you to buy some players in january and appoint a decent manager but you fucking ignored everyone and got us relegated and bragged about a 12 million profit which was wiped out after relegation.

Spacker of the highest order.

I hate him as much as anyone, but those comments actually make sense.

Whether or not they're true or not is another matter, obviously, and everything he hasn't done in the past makes it hard to swallow.

(Just to clarify, I would rather spend some more money on the team as well).

I hate him as much as anyone, but those comments actually make sense.

Whether or not they're true or not is another matter, obviously, and everything he hasn't done in the past makes it hard to swallow.

(Just to clarify, I would rather spend some more money on the team as well).

Just for clarity, the comments aren't true. Hope this helps.

If he wants a player, we ask for the name and the position and then we will try to sign them.

Name and the position?  What about best YouTube search terms, etc?

At the moment, in our present circumstances, we would prefer that to be loan signings.

"However, in January, when the transfer window opens, if Chris sees a player he wants to buy for a million quid or so we will go out and get him for the team.

So you'd prefer loan signings at the moment.  We can only make loan signings you twat.  This guy hasn't got a clue at all.

"We are particularly interested in player under the age of 22 because we have always had an idea of building something for the future as well as the present. We are currently talking to two 16 year-olds from Ireland who we are going to sign for our Academy (one of whom is presumably Dundalk defender Nathan Murphy).

Stop talking about kids, man.  Every club signs a few kids here and there, that's a given.  You just like them because they're cheap (as opposed to these blockbuster £1 million signings you're on about).

Christ alive.