Are you really going to make a stand?

Guest toonlass
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest toonlass

There's already four stands, one on either side of the pitch. We don't need another one, and I don't have the money or skills to make one.

Strange thread.

Maybe we do need another stand, and then Ashley can sell it to the highest bidder for more cash.

There's already four stands, one on either side of the pitch. We don't need another one, and I don't have the money or skills to make one.

Strange thread.

Maybe we do need another stand, and then Ashley can sell it to the highest bidder for more cash.

If you build it, they will come.

Guest toonlass

You might not like this but here goes... What has taken you so long? So long to become angry, raging and wanting to do something about it? You weren’t that arsed when we got relegated, you weren’t that arsed when the KK verdict was made public and Ashley, Mort, Llambias and Wise were exposed as liars, soiling the name of the club, besmirching the reputation of one of its favourite sons and taking the piss out of all of us. Its all in a name so it seems.

And how long will this anger last? Will it be the usual 9-day wonder? Will you preen over a pint with your mates and show your disgust at how your club is being ran into the dust and then file obediently into SJP and sit on your hands for a couple of hours? Will you remain silent in your pew when the only people giving it the “Get Out Of Our Club are the admirable lads and lasses in the Curva Nord (Leazes End Level 7)? Who you shamefully ignore match after match.

Will you write to a fanzine and demand they fight the fight you don’t have the bottle for? Will you look to a few blokes who knock out gobshite fanzines to provide you with the leadership with the implication that it should be them that do everything with the imagined army of 9,000 Mag ninjas we have on Barrack Road ready to scale up the Milburn Stand and into the Director’s Box to smite the beast that is Mike Ashley?

Will you demand the NUST does all the work and if they are lucky you might poke your head round the corner to see what’s going on but never dirty your hands with actually getting involved and doing things yourself? Will you make all kinds of ridiculous demands of the NUST but conveniently forget that you haven’t arsed yourself to join yet? Will you demand the NUST swing into action but then remember you haven’t turned up for a single meeting and expressed any kind of view about the kind of supporters’ organisation you want? Do you want a militant, campaigning organisation that will take the protests to Ashley - the single biggest threat to the very existence of Newcastle United there has been in the club’s history - but then do you remember that you haven’t been to a single meeting of the organisation even though their road-shows have been taken all over the NE and you haven’t opened your trap at any of those meetings and told the people who are trying their best to establish a representative supporters organisation what you want from it?

Do you look down your nose at the young’uns who have got themselves outside of the Milburn Stand (Hull and Blackburn games last season) to protest at how the club is being systematically dismantled by Ashley? But then do you remember that apart from whingeing to your mates about what a cunt the FCB is you haven’t done a fucking thing yourself?

Do you tell yourself you are too busy? Do you reckon you haven’t got the time like those fanzine lads and Trust people who you think don’t have full time jobs, families and lives of their own? Who have some kind of imagined life of uncluttered devotion to Newcastle United? Or is the truth, the real hard-line truth you just don’t care enough? That for all the hot air and rhetoric that comes from you, in truth you are a bit of a phoney?

Are you bloke in the true faith “One Love” t-shirt queuing up at the food stall at the Gallowgate End during the Bristol City game which almost caused me to walk out of SJP and head home and hide under an army blanket with a bottle of Jack Daniels for the rest of the day? Are you the 20 something at Forest in the yellow away top singing “Get Out Of Our Club?” What goes on in your heads?

If you love Newcastle United as much as you say you do, as much as you tell yourself you do then I’m sorry but you just can’t put this on others to fight the good fight on your behalf. You’ll have to do it yourself. Christ, you might have to leave the house a bit earlier, you might have to miss that trip to the boozer and join in the protests at SJP? Its not exactly the fucking D-Day Landings is it?

Or is all that for someone else to do. Not you. You are above all of that. Or you just can’t be arsed.

For the people who put true faith together, I can honestly say the majority of us will be there to be part of the protests, we’ll be involved but we’ll be doing it for ourselves and we won’t be doing it on your behalf. You should do that yourself.

And how are you feeling now after reading this twaddle? Are you thinking cheeky bastard, who the fuck is that gob-shite to have a pop at me - I’ve supported this club for 30 years blah-blah-blah - I’m only going to the fucking match for fuck’s sake not an Orgreave Picket Line? Its just not me. What would wor lass say?

Or are you sighing and thinking the mad bastard might have a point, like but well, you know and I know these words will be a fading memory by the time the boss cops you reading this garbage and you think fuck it I’ll have to do some work.

Only you can do something about your club being taken apart by this spiv. Fight your own fight.

You can rely on us to be part of it, but can we rely on you?

Christ, I’m having some tantrums these days eh?

Guest toonlass

Where? Has one been arranged. If NUST or NUFC.com or whoever publish an arranged protest, yes I will. Sporadic protests will not work.

Did you even read the True Faith article?

Strange thread.

That made me actually :lol: so bad the neighbours must think I'm mental.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

It won't make any difference. Ashley's immune to whatever protests we through at him, and it won't make him reconsider anything.

It won't make any difference. Ashley's immune to whatever protests we through at him, and it won't make him reconsider anything.

So immune he tried to sell the whole club after the first one?

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

So immune he tried to sell the whole club after the first one?

After the first one. Yes. But its over a year later and he's had so many protests and demonstrations and chants against him he really dosen't care what we think anymore and it won't influence him.