Llambliar talks with Auntie

Thespence

The Liar speaks to BBC

Relegation:

"It's been extremely painful - it was a shock, it was unthinkable. We did have a business plan in place at the time that we just put into a cupboard, because we thought we never needed to use it.

"We've had to move on since then and it's given us an opportunity to bring the wages down to an acceptable level in the Premier League, but not in the Championship.

"Chris has created a tremendous team spirit that's reflected on the pitch. Going forward, we hope to maintain that."

On the difference between Premier League and Championship income:

"It's huge. We've dropped from £100m revenue to £50m. A good chunk of that is TV money from the Premier League - £40m. We get a parachute payment of £12.5m.

"In the Championship itself you get £2.4m income. You get a drop in your season tickets, attendance and retail - it all drops. That shortfall needs to be made up. Mike is picking the shortfall now and it's very, very difficult, but we're getting through it.

"We didn't fire sale. At the time the press were saying we needed to fire sale, but we didn't. We purposefully kept a nucleus of the team that we felt could take us up. It's working and we'll add to that - Chris will continue to add to the squad."

Loans:

"That's where we'd like to be - it's affordable. But if Chris identifies a player that we feel will add value, then we just may go out and buy him."

Renaming SJP:

"We could have worded it (the announcement) better, which is why I came out yesterday to try and explain where we are and what we're trying to achieve. With the renaming it was always going to be whatever brand it was @ St.James' Park.

"For the remainder of this season, we already have sportsdirect.com on the Gallowgate. We'd like to take that branding through the rest of the stadium and have on the outside where you see St.James now, 'sportsdirect.com @ St.James' Park' to showcase to whoever's out there who wishes to buy that package."

ML: So will there always be signage reminding people that this is SJP?

"In our reign, absolutely. It's just adding to it. If it brings in a good chunk of money to the club that goes straight to the team, it's a revenue that we should look at.

"Newcastle United's history is just incredible. It will go to other stadia - people have to look at maximising their revenues. That's one part of a stadium that you can use that is under-utilised."

The £20m investment announced last week - how much will go on running costs?:

"In the Championship, every penny plus. It's a very expensive club to run - we've got the highest wage bill in the Championship and that will increase over a period of months to make sure that we give Chris and the team 100% to get us to where we belong.

"I can't give you a figure (on how much of that will be invested on players). If Chris comes along and says, 'I need a right winger, I need a creative midfield player - this is the cost' then that's the cost and that's what we have to put in.

"We need to get out of it (the Championship) and then once we're out of it, we need to stay in the Premier League. We believe that we have got the foundation to get out of this league and we believe that we've got the foundation to stay in the Premier League. Let's hope that we have the team that will take us there.

"It's very important that the negative press and negativity around the city needs to stop. You need to concentrate on supporting the team. You may not like the administration but we're here, we're investing. We've made mistakes in the past but we are doing our best. If you get behind our team, your team, it's necessary."

ML: Is Mike Ashley in it for the long term?

"His vision is that he's going to be here to take it back up the Premier League. I think that's his goal. Once we're back up there it's a review of where we again. He may want to take on a partner, i'm not sure - we've not had that conversation.

"(Getting back to the Premier League) is his total focus. It's all our focus - let's get back up to where we belong."

ML: Do you worry about your popularity?

"It's not fun. When we originally came up it was great and we mixed with the fans. Mike's a guy that likes to talk to the fans, the everyday person, before the game. I had trouble getting him out of the pub to get him there for kickoff.

"He still enjoys his football but it's not the same for him, he used to bring the kids and it was a family atmosphere for us. Do we miss being popular? we were never that popular.

"It would be nice just for people to focus on the team and the pitch rather than focus on us as individuals or administrators."

ML: is there anything you wish you'd done differently?

"There's always something you want to change - what would that be? too much to mention, quite honestly. We're nearly spot on, it's just that certain decisions took us in a certain direction and it's very hard to recover from those decisions.

"A combination of time and results - success - will heal the wounds. We're patient people and the fans will come around eventually. I've no idea of what length of time that will be - I may be a very old man, but they will see in the future that we do care."

Chris Hughton:

"Once we focused on taking the club off the market, Chris has done a very good job, the players back him 100% so he was the obvious choice going forward and I think it's the  right choice.

"He's a really nice guy and he's got an opinion that we like. We just like what he does.

"It's been difficult for Chris. He's been treading water for so long, he's been the bridesmaid for so long and now he's the main man and he will put his stamp on it, absolutely.

"Chris can recommend players and the board will have the final say. Mike's got to put the money in so he's got to agree to that sort of funding. You need to be as flexible as possible. You can't be too stubborn about certain players.

"If the number one choice is this and the manager is insistent - but we can't afford it, then there has to be a number two choice. So it's a question of 'Chris, what do you need - give us two or three options for this position and we'll do our best to get the first one.'

"You need that flexibility and a lot of Premier League clubs will go down the line of recommendation by the manager.

"Mike inherited a very heavy wage bill - and still has some hefty players to pay, but they are good players. They are the guys who are going to get us back up and it's worth the price if we get back up.

Renaming - did the adverse reaction provoke a rethink?

"We considered it, but then you have to consider what it brings to the club. On a financial basis it brings a good chunk of money that goes directly to the team. If you want extra players, then we need to bring extra revenue and that is one source of revenue that has been undervalued in the past.

"We're not taking away St.James' Park, we're just adding to it. We will showcase sportsdirect.com until the end of the season and I'm sure we're going to get a sponsor in for next season."

http://www.nufc.com/2009-10html/2009-11-04llambias-bbc.html

"He's a really nice guy and he's got an opinion that we like. We just like what he does.

I believe thats how Chelsea worded their decision to appoint Carlo Ancelotti.   :thup:

It's probably from the book "Club managment for beginners, Chapter: Manager appraisal". Because it has been their standard line for every manager so far...

He is driving me mad, its almost like they are hard done by and didn't expect any of this to happen.

They were warned, the whole football world knew that we were struggling and needed 2 or 3 coming in and letting none leave until the summer.

f*** me man.

"I can't give you a figure (on how much of that will be invested on players). If Chris comes along and says, 'I need a right winger, I need a creative midfield player - this is the cost' then that's the cost and that's what we have to put in.

I wonder if Hughtons already been to him and said he needs these, sounds like it as thats basically what we are missing.

I wonder if Hughtons already been to him and said he needs these, sounds like it as thats basically what we are missing.

More likely Derek's tactical nous.

"Chris can recommend players and the board will have the final say. Mike's got to put the money in so he's got to agree to that sort of funding. You need to be as flexible as possible. You can't be too stubborn about certain players.

"If the number one choice is this and the manager is insistent - but we can't afford it, then there has to be a number two choice. So it's a question of 'Chris, what do you need - give us two or three options for this position and we'll do our best to get the first one.'

*CH knocks on Ashley's office door.  Inside, MA and DL are sat on the floor playing with hotwheels cars, making car noises.  MA has a bib on, covered in gravy.  Around him are empty foil pie containers.*

MA: What's up Chris?

CH: I've come to ask if you can look into signing Matt Killgallon

MA: How much do you think he's worth?

CH: He's out of contract at the end of the season.  I reckon they'd definitely sell if we offered about £3m.

MA: Hmmm...

CH: I think he'd strengthen the squad alot.  We're a bit lacking if Colo or Tayls get injured.

MA: Have you got a second choice?

CH: Erm, no...?!

MA: Tell you what Chris, leave it with me, OK?

2 weeks later...

MA: Ah Chris, good to see you, have I got a little surprise for you.  Wear this blindfold and hold my hand

*MA leads CH into another room with DL in tow*

MA: Tadaaaaaaa, whaddaya think Chris?

*In the room standing in training kit is Brian Kilcline*

MA: (looking pleased as punch) Cost me f*** all, Chris, and much more of a hard nut than that Killpeople fella you wanted!

"We could have worded it (the announcement) better, which is why I came out yesterday to try and explain where we are and what we're trying to achieve. With the renaming it was always going to be whatever brand it was @ St.James' Park."

If these pricks are genuine and are making mistakes, then why keep making the same ones again again.

FUck me man, seriously they cant be trusted anyway, proven liars.

"Chris does as he is told unlike Keegan. Chris is not as rich as Shearer so we can control him & tell him what he is getting rather than come to us with a list players he wants, instead he comes to us with a list of 3 players for a position we then make it prioity to  sign the cheapest of them players & as a last option we sign the most expensive. This is Chris first job as a  manager & what we pay him a week makes him cheaper than the money JFK was on. Also look at shrinking backroom staff Chris is working with compared to what Mike took on when Sam was working for club this all fits well with how we seeing running the club. If you look at Sportsdirect you will see that Mike does not bring in area managers from other companies he tends to move people up from minimum wage jobs to jobs with a decent wage & this is something we have done with Chris here."

"It's been extremely painful - it was a shock, it was unthinkable. We did have a business plan in place at the time that we just put into a cupboard, because we thought we never needed to use it."

No it fucking wasn't. The fans were predicting as much in January when the club wouldn't spend any cash.

Just about sums up the cluelessness of this regime. To think, only Joe Kinnear's doctor prevented him from being in charge right now.

If it brings in a good chunk of money to the club that goes straight to the team

It won't.

We're patient people

Why has the club been put up for sale in apparent panic twice then?

We purposefully kept a nucleus of the team that we felt could take us up.

I don't believe for a second there's a single bid that was turned down in the summer.

There's just so much in there. As I think Keefaz said, I can see why he usually doesn't say much, it's better to remain silent and have people think you're a cretin than to open your mouth and confirm it.

I want to kick Llambias in the face.

He has really got your goat

Yep, he only comes crawling out when they've done something stupid for the god knows how many times now and talks it up like they have been trying really hard and we must feel sorry for them.

Fuck off Llambias you donbt fool no one you cunt.

How these sons of a bitches aren't questioned on the mistakes they've made is beyond me.  And if they were Truely mistakes which I dont think they are anymore, they would answer them.

Proven Liars.

I hope to GOD (not that i beleive in a beleif system) that I bump in to this bastard of a man, I have some questions for him.

Oh and that comment way back about him wanting to give KK  slap.

Dont even go there Derek Lad, dont even fucking go there you twat.

We know what you and pork pie are about.

The guy is a total cunt, we all know that, but that interview is actually quite positive IMO.

They're finally fucking communicating which is what we asked for.

I fucking despise Mike Ashley and Derek Lambias with a burning passion but, stadium renaming apart, they seem to making the right noises now. Let's just hope it's not more bullshit.

Don't get me wrong, I'll never stop wishing the pair of them harm but I'm fucking sick of saying and hearing the same old shit. They're here to stay unless one of us scoops the Euro Millions roleover jackpot so we might as well just grit our teeth and hope to God they really have learnt from their mistakes.

I assume he realises that his signage about Sports Direct going around the stadium will just get vandalised? The only reason it hasn't been so far is that its too high to reach.

Steve Howey said that on the radio last night as well.

To accuse the fans of negativity and bemoaning the loss in ticket sales when they are getting such good attendances home and away is ridiculous.  They need to keep the fans onside because if they alienate supporters even further (and interviews like the above do not help) then many will just stop going in time and they will end up in an even worse mess.  If they do not value our custom then why should we provide them with it?