Dragon Age: Origins

Willow

Anyone tried this game out? Its gotten rave reviews so I took the plunge and its pretty great!

Apparently theres well over 60 hours of gameplay too.

Gamespot -

"Incredible storytelling, great characters, and exciting battles are just a few of the things that make this fantasy role-playing game so great."

Official trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6AuI_gpBbo

I've been playing FPS games too much lately and wanted to try something different, I recommend this game  :pow:

Aye it looks canny good... EG gave the 360 version a 6/10 though  :undecided:

I'd say the PC version is whats best, apparently the console versions have less camera view options and tactics, etc..

I think games like this were designed for PC really anyway.

PC Gamer UK - 94%

This is the most enormously detailed game world I've experienced, its history stretching back thousands of years, its cultures vivid, beautiful and flawed, the battles enormous, the humour superb. Roleplaying games now have a great deal to live up to.

PC Zone UK - 93%

Dragon Age: Origins is a brave and brutal return to form for PC fantasy roleplaying - bettering nearest rival The Witcher through both its combat and the innate lovability of so many of its characters...With Dragon Age: Origins BioWare have secured their position as masters of the RPG art.

IGN UK - 92%

Bioware’s achievements in all this are incredible. It cannot be stressed enough at the depth of the universe they have conjured.

Got the 360 version and it's definitely better than a 6/10. The flaws are niggly, but not that much of a hinderance. Story is great, only scratched the surface so far after several hours. Really love the notion of origin stories, it sets up the whole rest of the game on differing paths, which is what I usually struggle with when replaying games like this...

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Proper hooked on it at the moment, if the EG guy hadn't played, or known about a PC version, then it would have got more then a 6/10. For a 360 RPG, its one of the best around - though I've only played the intros for each character background.

Proper hooked on it at the moment, if the EG guy hadn't played, or known about a PC version, then it would have got more then a 6/10. For a 360 RPG, its one of the best around - though I've only played the intros for each character background.

Aye, it seems as if he's marked it down because it's not as good as the PC version, rather than marking it relative to other console RPG's.

Played about 5 minutes of the actual story this morning.  It looks like i'm going to be in it for the long haul!  I can see why the camera stuff would be off putting on a console.  I'm constantly using the mouse to free look around.

But when you're used to console RPG's it's not as much of an issue. I really like it, enjoying the story so far myself...  :smug:

[PC}

It's engrossing because it has a good story. i find myself taking lots of time to decide on new spells on levelling up.

Plays with your head a bit as well when you get a chance to betray your marras to your superiors etc.

I really like it. Takes up about 14G on your hard drive but there are a lot of cut scenes but it's not a bad thing. It's cool and it's keeping me busy playing, mw2 can fuck right off.

Yeah you get 3 races to start elf,human,dwarf. then subsets mage fighter ect.

You can customise all the features of your character and they appear as you have chosen in the cutscenes.

Is that what you wanted to know ?

Hopefully better than Age of Conan, that was a huge waste of money.

Yeah, alright. That was a bad recommendation, seemed like a good idea at the time, sorry. You don't have to pay a sub for this though, so thats a start.

It's just a good isometric rpg, good story,menu's are easy,easy to die, makes you think. TT if you liked nwn1 & witcher you'll like this, not that you'll take my word for it like ;)

A bit of both because you can stack commands in pause like icewind dale, you do need to do this once you have companions.

you can fight in realtime effectively as well but tactics become paramount once you get into it. Pausing is a bit off putting at first but it becomes second nature once you get into it.

Yeah, alright. That was a bad recommendation, seemed like a good idea at the time, sorry. You don't have to pay a sub for this though, so thats a start.

It's just a good isometric rpg, good story,menu's are easy,easy to die, makes you think. TT if you liked nwn1 & witcher you'll like this, not that you'll take my word for it like ;)

:laugh:

I think you should buy me this as a sorry!  O0

Thought Conan had potential, in the end, maybe they bit off more than they could chew, nothing ever improved and the community unfortunately filled with kids and dickheads.

NWN & Witcher; some of my most memorable gaming moments, if it's like that i think i may go for it, on PC of course.

Sounds like Knights of the Old Republic.

Thanks for the info.

It is like kotor. I've looked though gametrailers and can't find one that really does it justice.

:laugh:

I think you should buy me this as a sorry!  O0

Thought Conan had potential, in the end, maybe they bit off more than they could chew, nothing ever improved and the community unfortunately filled with kids and dickheads.

NWN & Witcher; some of my most memorable gaming moments, if it's like that i think i may go for it, on PC of course.

It's worth a buy, the gfx aren't amazing but everything else is pretty much spot on.