If Ashley...

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gave up all the stadium naming bollocks, took his logo off the ground, got us promoted, spent this Jan and again in the summer and got in a manager you're all happy with for the PL campaign next year...........Would he be forgiven?

Guest sicko2ndbest

Happier with him, nut still wouldnt trust him as far as i could throw him

Its never ever ever going to happen therefore i will always hate the man!

Gave up all the stadium naming bollocks, took his logo off the ground, got us promoted, spent this Jan and again in the summer and got in a manager you're all happy with for the PL campaign next year...........Would he be forgiven?

No.

Though he'd undo some of the damage he's done, he can never be forgiven.

Forgiven? No. But I'd be willing to give him a second chance if he showed some ambition. It won't happen, though.

[edit:] Of course, it wouldn't be his second chance, but something like his fifth after the Keegan debacle. Which says something about how much faith the fat git deserves.

he wouldn't be forgiven - the only way to make up for what he has done to the club will be to do something extraordinary, not just to put us back where we were before he came.

however if he started spending on the team, got in a proper manager, took us up, gave up with his silly naming bollocks and ran the club professionally rather than the informal mate's club it currently is, then i'd have no immediate problem with him staying.

he wouldn't be forgiven - the only way to make up for what he has done to the club will be to do something extraordinary, not just to put us back where we were before he came.

however if he started spending on the team, got in a proper manager, took us up, gave up with his silly naming bollocks and ran the club professionally rather than the informal mate's club it currently is, then i'd have no immediate problem with him staying.

I had no doubt that testing the depth of feeling in this thread would throw up a fair amount of hatred towards Ashley. But a strange thought crossed my mind a few weeks ago when I realised MA actually didn't really want to sell the club...What if by some strange reverse universal law he actually started getting things right??

I could not give a damn about the first one. If Ashley spends enough and oversees the resolidification of us as a Premiership clubs then things will be alright. The past can be forgotten. The future is the concern.

By the way , nice to see Ashlay cares about small businesses such as Burger vans . He's put up 2 massive food vans outside the ground to compete, what a tosser.  I mean how much revenue will they get off that , not enough to make any sort of difference although maybe to the other burger vans. 

He's never in a million years going to do it, so pointless even discussing it.

I could not give a damn about the first one. If Ashley spends enough and oversees the resolidification of us as a Premiership then thngs will be alight. The past can be forgotten. The future is the concern.

Fair post. There are a lot of things I dislike about him, but  one thing I'm sure of is that if we get promotion and start giving fair performances many of us might have to reconsider out attitude toward him, especially if he is here for a few years. The bloke is an utter cnt mind.

What pisses me off about Ashley is that while he makes a big song and dance about the costs of running Newcastle and how he's subsidising the club to the tune of £20m, he is one of the few owners who actually is rich enough to invest in his club to ensure long term prosperity. he doesn't strike me as a gambler, when it comes to football he's like an old woman arguing over the price of a tin of beans at Asda.