Keefaz' Saturday Night Jam Fever II

Keefaz

what rig are you using Keef?

i like the leading notes and slides :)

not sure about some of the bends though tbh

i get your mood though. i do

unfortunately got f*** all to use for a jam. only thing that comes to mind is "sea sick steve" type lyrics and i aint got a microphone

what rig are you using Keef?

i like the leading notes and slides :)

not sure about some of the bends though tbh

i get your mood though. i do

unfortunately got f*** all to use for a jam. only thing that comes to mind is "sea sick steve" type lyrics and i aint got a microphone

It's very messy. :lol: Tempo's all over the place, but was hard enough just to get it down in my state. Not really any bends as such, just huge vibrato.

Just my shit guitar through the Pod straight into compy. Added a bit phaser I think and that was about it.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

How do I download this as an mp3 or whatever? When I click 'download this track' it just comes up in quicktime player.

Horrific that, Keefaz. What Rig/VST you using? Think i'll have a play around but with the first Jam Fever you did a couple weeks back - still got it on my comp.

You're horrific, you fanny.

Edit: I'll make a special 'nice' jam for you next week, seeing as you're not man enough to handle this action.

Horrific that, Keefaz. What Rig/VST you using? Think i'll have a play around but with the first Jam Fever you did a couple weeks back - still got it on my comp.

You're horrific, you fanny.

Edit: I'll make a special 'nice' jam for you next week, seeing as you're not man enough to handle this action.

:lol: Okay. :thup:

Guest Alan Shearer 9

http://www.mediafire.com/?n2w0eb2zyzw

That's my stab at it, did it on audacity exported as .WAV, it's about 30 mb :lol:

Couple of points:

Keef, this isn't a blues mate. It's what I like to call 'some gay ass rock shit'. It's in A minor, some wierd mode that I have no idea how to jam in, so I just stuck to the minor pentatonic and fiddled away aimlessly. My phrasing is pretty shit and I struggled to keep rhythm with the track. It's a shame it's in a minor key because I like to use notes from the major and minor scales usually but you can't do that over this key.

Anyway regardless, thanks for making the track Keef and sorry for being a dick whinging about it. ;)

http://www.mediafire.com/?n2w0eb2zyzw

That's my stab at it, did it on audacity exported as .WAV, it's about 30 mb :lol:

Couple of points:

Keef, this isn't a blues mate. It's what I like to call 'some gay ass rock shit'. It's in A minor, some wierd mode that I have no idea how to jam in, so I just stuck to the minor pentatonic and fiddled away aimlessly. My phrasing is pretty shit and I struggled to keep rhythm with the track. It's a shame it's in a minor key because I like to use notes from the major and minor scales usually but you can't do that over this key.

Anyway regardless, thanks for making the track Keef and sorry for being a dick whinging about it. ;)

What's the blues? It's a feeling, it's not a fucking shuffle with 7th chords, ffs.

But thanks!

Edit: 30mb? You can't fucking mp3 it?

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Nope, need to download some extra shit to do that that I haven't got and can't find.

The blues is black men playing 7th chords constantly and screaming. Nothing else counts. Not a blues mate.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

This is really nice, mate! Anyway, if it wasn't a blues, you turned it into a blues.

Can you turn it into an MP3? My audacity thing won't let me, quite annoying.

This is really nice, mate! Anyway, if it wasn't a blues, you turned it into a blues.

Can you turn it into an MP3? My audacity thing won't let me, quite annoying.

Aye. Hold on and I'll give you the link.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Think yours fits better Keef, especially the tone

The tone's horrible, like, but the tone of the rhythm is horrible, too. :lol: Think your tone was really nice, tbh: what you got?

I was playing my Les Paul Custom on the rhythm pickup with the tone knob turned to zero, that's what Clapton said he does for his 'woman tone' as he calls it. I don't really know any minor licks, I'm more just traditional blues so I struggled to do anything interesting on that track. I'm transcribing a Freddie King instrumental album atm, some cracking licks from the bigman on there.