What do you hate most about being in the Championship?

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

I think Maniche is a cut above the rest in that programme tbf. I know he's not all that good, but I like him, and that goes a long way. If they had a decent pundit, changed it to a MOTD format and got rid of that lass it would be fine.

I think Maniche is a cut above the rest in that programme tbf. I know he's not all that good, but I like him, and that goes a long way. If they had a decent pundit, changed it to a MOTD format and got rid of that lass it would be fine.

He's just the nicest, uninteresting, inoffensive wet piece of lettuce I've ever seen on telly. And I just spent an hour watching Lineker.

Having to wait till nearly 1 am and having to watch that beardy hobo guy in the opening credits, and seeing a program that looks more like crimewatch with the fuckers sat on their desks!  Twats!

Also watching motd before it and feeling how annoying it is to have Hull and Stoke in that league instead of us!  Wankhole sides!

Guest firetotheworks

Having to wait till nearly 1 am and having to watch that beardy hobo guy in the opening credits, and seeing a program that looks more like crimewatch with the fuckers sat on their desks!  Twats!

Also watching motd before it and feeling how annoying it is to have Hull and Stoke in that league instead of us!  Wankhole sides!

:lol: You didnt watch this weeks motd then?

No I was outside your window watching you whilst you watched it.

Guest firetotheworks

:lol:

Should have knocked on the window, I'd have made you a cup of tea, you can't come in though.

:lol:

Should have knocked on the window, I'd have made you a cup of tea, you can't come in though.

CUP OF BEANS!

The worst thing about the football league show is that they always leave our match until the end, presumably to keep viewing figures high until the end. If you only want the Newcastle game, there's sod all point watching it until the last 10 minutes.

As for being in the Championship, the worst thing for me is getting access to the games. I've just moved to Bournemouth, so although I can get radio links easily enough, it's much harder to get any kind of stream as we're simply not televised. If we were in the Prem, that wouldn't be a problem.

have the lass doing the analysis i'd prefer her doing than steve claridge (did you know he was 22 years as a pro?)

Not watching football on television and instead depending on the narrative abilities of Mick Lowes and his sidekick that really doesn't like foreign players. 

This, and feeling like we should win every game. It's just not the same feeling of accomplishment when we win in this league.

Not being in the Premiership really. Im enjoying this season. Its good to be winning so many games again. Lets face it, we would be a hell of a lot more miserable right now had we stayed up last season, and we probably would have went down this season anyway.

The fact that the spend more time reading out fucking piss poor, boring emails from utter twats than they do showing the highlights from our game pisses me off. Fucking woeful programme. Claridge is an utter fucking wanker as well.

What exactly is the point of reading out texts and emails? c***s.

I think they think of supporting a team in the football league as being working class, and they're condescendingly trying to make us believe our opinions matter, because we're 'real people'

I get this impression too. You can just see in the credits with the "man on the street" thing. Cringeworthy.

Away fans bringing 3000/4000 fans to SJP and then singing 'you're not famous anymore'.

If we're not famous, then how come you don't take 4000 to Plymouth too?

I've decided I'm not watching that again after tonight, absolutely diabolical program. Me and a random person off the street talking would be more interesting than Claridge and Maniche. I sat through about 40 mins just to see about a minute of s**** footage, f***ing pile of s***. SPEND LESS TIME TALKING AND MORE SHOWING HIGHLIGHTS. Ffs.

Same, I just wait until Goals on Sunday now. Much better.

There's nothing good about this league. Other than we win occasionally, it's a fucking nightmare. My mackem mate told me I'd enjoy this league more than the PL, and for a few matches I think he was right, but it's actually cack: the football's appalling, the coverage woeful, the officiating is mediocre... you name it.

Also, I think the PL has made us lazy. You can't help learn about all the teams, which are the important fixtures, who's injured, etc. because the coverage is huge. In the Championship, unless you really pay attention and read stuff, you'll never know anything. Even this season, when I only have half an eye on it, I still know more about the PL than I do about our division.

For me it's the fact that there's no longer a flight home from Newcastle to Dublin on a Saturday night, which makes it very hard and more expensive to see a game. I used to get over to a few and now I can't really. I'd still be going even though we're in this poxy league!