What do you hate most about being in the Championship?

Dave

Andy, aged 8 from Newcastle says 'Football Rocks', thanks for that Andy

Whereas Danielle aged 12 from Surrey doesn't like football, she says 'I dont like football' Some great emails and texts there, keep them coming in!!

:spit:

so very true, you would think they would atleast employ a hot lass to sit on the desk wearing a very revealing outfit whilst do the crappy email bit!  :snod:

There's nothing good about this league. Other than we win occasionally, it's a fucking nightmare. My mackem mate told me I'd enjoy this league more than the PL, and for a few matches I think he was right, but it's actually cack: the football's appalling, the coverage woeful, the officiating is mediocre... you name it.

Also, I think the PL has made us lazy. You can't help learn about all the teams, which are the important fixtures, who's injured, etc. because the coverage is huge. In the Championship, unless you really pay attention and read stuff, you'll never know anything. Even this season, when I only have half an eye on it, I still know more about the PL than I do about our division.

I think that's spot on. The only reason we weren't enjoying the premier was because our football was ugly and the players were over the hill and over-paid. People might not like me saying it but watching Spurs pass us off the park last season was embarassing. The better teams in the premier play football light years ahead of us but that's where we want to be rather than watching us hoof our way to the top of this crap division.

Guest toonlass

I hate the fact that away teams bring 2-3000 fans and then they sit down the whole match and don't bloody sing. What is the point?

I hate that we have to have Marlon Harewood in our team.

I also hate that our derby game is against fucking Boro. I love the derby game and while I haven't minded so much when the mackems have been in the lower league it galls me that we have to count fucking Boro as our derby game, is it shite!

Guest Heneage

I hate the fact that away teams bring 2-3000 fans and then they sit down the whole match and don't bloody sing. What is the point?

I hate that we have to have Marlon Harewood in our team.

I also hate that our derby game is against f***ing Boro. I love the derby game and while I haven't minded so much when the mackems have been in the lower league it galls me that we have to count f***ing Boro as our derby game, is it s****!

Peterboro were shit yesterday, mind you they were getting dicked.

cant see championship football in denmark....so must be what i hate the most!

another thing annoying me is....and this is not so much about the championship itself: BUT im really sad/frustrated/annoyed that we dont spend our time in the championship to prepare properly for the future....rather spend a year more here in the championship if we had a good concept to follow/develop. Now we are just trying to get up, and in my opinion only a very few in our squad has PL potential! it will be more expensive (if we win promotion, which i think we do) to buy proven players next year....really really hate that it doesn´t seem like we spend our time properly. I know i dont have seen any games this year so far....but nothing gives me the impression that we are going anywhere. Feels like we are standing still and time is passing by!

hughton should never had the job long term

we should try and develop our own players instead for playing loanees

We should try to buy (young) players who might have the potential to develop into pl players. half a year in the championship and to settle in the area would be very good for everybody. We should go for  potential players in coming window. replace loanees with promising players....there are many cheap players out there....scandinavia for example....some would be a gamle, but still better than loanees imo.

Guest icemanblue

Too many blacks.

Before I ban you you might need to explain ?

Explain what? That you need to lighten up a bit? It's Friday, you know.

Guest Roger Kint

The fact that there's nothing making us strive to improve, play better football etc.

We're top of the league despite playing s**** football which almost encourages us to continue playing s**** football. 

Can see what you mean for most areas of the team. Shame Hughton doesnt and realised playing Harewood is worthless to us when the likes of Ranger, Lua Lua and eventually Vuckic could be learning his trade against weaker opposition. Not much point in them still being raw if/when we go up if he only plays them when absolutely desperate

it has to be the standard of football and the lingering question of which players in our squad are good enough and also wondering if mike ashley will spend.........even just a little bit

and the point about claridge i would disagree for the reason that last season he had his own show on stenta and i have to say i have never seen a pundit stick up for us so much he clearly likes our club and fans he was even on nuts tv debating that we were the best fans in the country it also doesnt seem as though he is just saying things so people will like him because he always atleast on his setanta show made a bit of a fuss if someone said something realy stupid

The thing to worry about, if the team is playing as bad as everyone thinks (even though top), what happens when a number of teams improves after christmas (as happens most years).

If that happens will the current Newcastle team have the bottle to raise their game with them.

Look at Leeds a few years ago in League One, stormed it over the first 3 months, recovering from a 20 point defecit to momentarily get into the promotion places and then drifted away and failed to get promotion.

Other teams will improve.

I can't believe the TV talk as well, you do realise that so far you have had the lion's share of what little there is available. Swansea have been on TV once, and that was because it was a Derby match, it was Cardiff's 5th game I believe, why the TV love in with them I don't know.

The smaller teams could do with the TV money, but usually they get totally overlooked, no matter how well they are playing.

Guest Geordiecunny

The fact that everyone moans about our football despite being top. We're as good as we need to be. it's not as if we don't have plenty of other things to worry about.

The ego blow.

A club like ours in the second teir of english football whe nthe likes of hull, stoke, burnley, wolves etc are in the Premier League.  it hurts, it really does.

if i wasn't so high i'd cry thinking what ashley has done to us

The ego blow.

A club like ours in the second teir of english football whe nthe likes of hull, stoke, burnley, wolves etc are in the Premier League.  it hurts, it really does.

It is a bit of an ego blow like: it doesn't happen to an Arsenal or a Chelsea, or even a Spurs, Villa or Everton.  I'm not missing the Premier League that much though, but that's under the hope that we'll be back next year.

The ego blow.

Historically, Stoke, Burnley and Wolves especially would be Premiership teams.