Teams that don't respect the poppy appeal?

wrightstuff83

Just heard on football league show Plymouth didn't hold a minutes silence.

Plus last year celtic didn't respect it, infact their so called fans protested against it.

After listening 2radio all wk understanding it's about respect not religion, and after watching the rememberence service(as I always do) I just cnt understand why a British club wud not respect this!

Didn't they say at the end that Plymouth had a service of some sort before the game?

Not at all coco!

If an individual counts themselves as Irish/republican as I expect neil Lennon/Roy keane may do, they may not wish 2respwct the appeal.

However if these men play 4a British club who respect that tradition, they must go along with said respect.

What I really mean is individuals may not respect it 4whatever reason, but surely every single club in Britain MUST respect those who lived(&the many who died) their life fir this nation!

first off many of those players may not be british and "must" ? and as i've pointed out this is all very recent. in times closer to the wars for which it was intended this "poppy facism" didn't manifest itslef.

Individuals coco yes, but surely any British club with an ounce of respect should honour the men & women who died for this nation?

it's only been very recently that this has went on though and the "poppy facism" that goes with it.

are you English?

Please explain poppy facism...

Individuals coco yes, but surely any British club with an ounce of respect should honour the men & women who died for this nation?

it's only been very recently that this has went on though and the "poppy facism" that goes with it.

are you English?

poppy facism is when people think it's a must for others to wear it and follow the protocols.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6134906.stm

why should it matter if i'm english ?

are you English?

Thinks he means its no longer a matter choice whether you choose to wear one or not, you are expected to whatever your beliefs on the matter.

Not at all coco!

If an individual counts themselves as Irish/republican as I expect neil Lennon/Roy keane may do, they may not wish 2respwct the appeal.

However if these men play 4a British club who respect that tradition, they must go along with said respect.

What I really mean is individuals may not respect it 4whatever reason, but surely every single club in Britain MUST respect those who lived(&the many who died) their life fir this nation!

Now who's making it political? I haven't mentioned anything to do with being Irish or Republican. It seems to me that you can't accept that a British citizen (or otherwise) may not care enough about this issue to wear a poppy.

wrightstuff83, do you think Celtic fans see themselves as a British club or a Scottish one?

i am not going to presume what they thunk, as that's an awful assumption!

However, IMO they should realise they are both Scottish and British, however in essence I would expect most 2think they are Irish(bt yet never bigoted!)

my point is no matter what they call themselves, I cannot see the justification in not respecting the poppy appeal, Scottish, english, Irish and welsh, along with many other nationalities, died in past wars, and continue 2die in the current war, hence surely it is the most nautral respect in the world 2pay?

wrightstuff83, do you think Celtic fans see themselves as a British club or a Scottish one?

i am not going to presume what they thunk, as that's an awful assumption!

However, IMO they should realise they are both Scottish and British, however in essence I would expect most 2think they are Irish(bt yet never bigoted!)

my point is mo matter what they call themselves, I cannot see the justification in not respecting the poppy appeal, Scottish, english, Irish and welsh, along with many other nationalities, died in past wars, and continue 2die in the current war, hence surely it is theist nautral respect I. The world 2pay?

since when did respecting equte to "have to wear" or "hold a silence". a silence which has in a ll honesty been cheapened over the past few years by holding them for seemingly every death.

Man Utd and Liverpool will be the only 2 Prem teams without a Poppy on their shirt FYI.

And all this politics talk is a sack of shit, it's about showing respect for people who have died in the past, and in the last few years, for Britain.

Man Utd and Liverpool will be the only 2 Prem teams without a Poppy on their shirt FYI.

And all this politics talk is a sack of s***, it's about showing respect for people who have died in the past, and in the last few years, for Britain.

it's all about showing respect, if you want, in your own way.

Not at all coco!

Now who's making it political? I haven't mentioned anything to do with being Irish or Republican. It seems to me that you can't accept that a British citizen (or otherwise) may not care enough about this issue to wear a poppy.

no politics here frm me my man! (in the sense u are thinking of!)

but I would ask why would a British citizen not wish 2respect the men& women who died2make thus nation what it is2day? Perhaps it is simply a sign of the times, but I believe in respecting what our forefathers fought(&died) for!

And all this politics talk is a sack of s***, it's about showing respect for people who have died in the past, and in the last few years, for Britain.

Fine for you or me (well, for you), not for spineless fucking companies like Man Utd and Liverpool.

[quote author=The sportsdirect.com@burnip Username link=topic=65540.msg2058283#msg2058283

correct that man!

Fine for you or me (well, for you), not for spineless f***ing companies like Man Utd and Liverpool.

why not for you ?. is there anything saying you have to be form the britain ? it's up to you.

the whole idea of paying repect is being chepened by the fact that it is becoming a duty as opposed to a choice.

Fine for you or me (well, for you), not for spineless f***ing companies like Man Utd and Liverpool.

why not for you ?. is there anything saying you have to be form the britain ? it's up to you.

the whole idea of paying repect is being chepened by the fact that it is becoming a duty as opposed to a choice.

It's not fine for me because my brother's girlfriend's brother is now a triple amputee because he fought for his country, and it fucks me off royally that people can't do something so unbelievably simple without getting ridiculously high and mighty about absolutely inane things like poppy facism. For once, just fucking do it.

It's not fine for me because my brother's girlfriend's brother is now a triple amputee because he fought for his country, and it f***s me off royally that people can't do something so unbelievably simple without getting ridiculously high and mighty about absolutely inane things like poppy facism. For once, just f***ing do it.

ah. i thought you meant "me" as in british "me" as opposed to your irish "you" and that being why you might not.

even then shouldn't it be their choice and shouldn't they, if they do it, do it for the right reasons ? as opposed to people just wanting to appear to others that they are bothered whilst not really giving a shit.

It's not fine for me because my brother's girlfriend's brother is now a triple amputee because he fought for his country, and it f***s me off royally that people can't do something so unbelievably simple without getting ridiculously high and mighty about absolutely inane things like poppy facism. For once, just f***ing do it.

ah. i thought you meant "me" as in british "me" as opposed to your irish "you" and that being why you might not.

even then shouldn't it be their choice and shouldn't they, if they do it, do it for the right reasons ? as opposed to people just wanting to appear to others that they are bothered whilst not really giving a shit.

a) If they don't give a shit, they're twats.

b) They have a responsibility to represent their fans on this one, and they're failing.

even then shouldn't it be their choice and shouldn't they, if they do it, do it for the right reasons ? as opposed to people just wanting to appear to others that they are bothered whilst not really giving a s***.

a) If they don't give a s***, they're twats.

b) They have a responsibility to represent their fans on this one, and they're failing.

a) tough

b) no they don't

why do you think it's only recently it's happened. the idea of a minutes silence on the saturday throughout the 70's, 80's and i'm fairly sure the 90's just never happened.

it's not too far from those regular threads on here when there is a tragic death which people dive in with RIP'S when they're not actually that bothered but want to be seen as caring for a complete stranger. it's so easy to type RIP into a keyboard to  ake you feel like a better person.

even then shouldn't it be their choice and shouldn't they, if they do it, do it for the right reasons ? as opposed to people just wanting to appear to others that they are bothered whilst not really giving a s***.

a) If they don't give a s***, they're twats.

a) tough

b) no they don't

why do you think it's only recently it's happened. the idea of a minutes silence on the saturday throughout the 70's, 80's and i'm fairly sure the 90's just never happened.

it's not too far from those regular threads on here when there is a tragic death which people dive in with RIP'S when they're not actually that bothered but want to be seen as caring for a complete stranger. it's so easy to type RIP into a keyboard to  ake you feel like a better person.

Agree entirely.

no politics here frm me my man! (in the sense u are thinking of!)

but I would ask why would a British citizen not wish 2respect the men& women who died2make thus nation what it is2day? Perhaps it is simply a sign of the times, but I believe in respecting what our forefathers fought(&died) for!

Without meaning to sound like Dave's parrot, can you cut the txt speak out please?  O0

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,19167.0.html

Understand, but again, why would you not?

Plus this is getting away from the initial point I was making, was not asking for individuals opinion, rather why would a British football club not respect it! (although is interesting 2hear individuals views!)

If the Celtic fans wanted to comemerate 1916 you lot would have a lot would have a problem.

If the Celtic fans don't want to support poppy day they don't have to. If you want to support it then do.