Ginola on Goals on Sunday.

Optimistic Nut

He's looking classy as ever there.

Very disappointing the way his Newcastle career ended. In some ways he really only played for us for a season and a half... glad he still loves us though :)

Guest firetotheworks

My favourite ever play. I thought I couldnt love the bloke any more until I watched 'The Time of Our Lives' with him Howey and Bez. It's quite a revelation when you watch him talking about playing for us, Keegan leaving and Dalglish coming in.

Very disappointing the way his Newcastle career ended. In some ways he really only played for us for a season and a half... glad he still loves us though :)

I wouldn't even say a season and a half, after he got sent off at Highbury (not sure when that was but it was the first season) he never seemed the same player again!

That Arsenal League Cup quarter final when that useless tosser of ref "Ashby" I think his name was, set out to send off Ginola from the start. He was kicked all over the park, and Dixon feigned being elbowed (which he didn't do) to get him sent off.

TWICE earlier he was hacked down from behind and the ref ignored one, and BOOKED Ginola for diving the other !

He was never the same after that game.

I blame that game for us losing the title, actually.

The damage it did to the team, never mind Ginola.

Great talent was Ginola but like a lot of players in 95/96, his form went to bits after Christmas. I'd say his strike v Ferencvaros, was possibly the best goal i've seen by a Newcastle player.

There seems to have been a media obsession of late about discussing the near Championship season. Gets on my wick a bit.

My favourite ever play. I thought I couldnt love the bloke any more until I watched 'The Time of Our Lives' with him Howey and Bez. It's quite a revelation when you watch him talking about playing for us, Keegan leaving and Dalglish coming in.

Yeah, seemed genuinely bitter towards both managers in the end. Dalglish for isolating him, and Keegan for stopping him from moving to Barcelona because Keegan said he wanted him there for many years as he was going to build something special, only for him to walk away 4 months later.

... he was going to build something special, only for him to walk away 4 months later.

Always wondered how Shearer felt about that too. Glad Ginola mentioned it in the Time of our Lives thing. Don't think I could watch that again, it's just too sad.

What annoys me is that when Ginola gets mentioned in the media, more often than not, they appear to only mention him being a Spurs player

Completely the opposite this morning. Spoke for a good 10 minutes about his time at Newcastle before they even showed any of yesterday's goals.

I was at a Bez talk in in June, and it was for a good two hours. A cracking night. Time of our Lives si enjoyable but you have to see him live. Some of the stories from the Toon team are hilarious! Like the Phillipe Albert one when he saw Sid the Sexist on the team bus!!!!!!!

But Bez was saying when Daglsih came in he wanted to tear KK's team apart. He hated Ginola. Davvveeed was injured and was ready to come back from injury he had been training for a couple of weeks etc... Bez overheard Daglish saying to the Fitness Coach to 'fucking kill him'. Ginola back sweating terribly and red in the face (which was rare for him! But he had worked his socks off to be in the squad for the next game) he sat dwon next to Bez and Bez asked him how did you do? Ginola said i'm fine, no niggles etc...

Daglish knew this and he read out the team sheet for the next day. Ginola wasn't even in the squad. He went crazy  and shouted as he left the dressing room ' I will never play for Newcastle United again!'

So Daglish ruined our Entertainers to be honest

What annoys me is that when Ginola gets mentioned in the media, more often than not, they appear to only mention him being a Spurs player

Completely the opposite this morning. Spoke for a good 10 minutes about his time at Newcastle before they even showed any of yesterday's goals.

That makes a nice change.

Guest Rob 1988

Clearly still has an affection for the club.

Host: "What's the name of this stadium?"

DG: "St James' Park"

Host: "Well actually, sportsdirect.com@St James' Park"

*pause*

DG: "St James' Park, and always will be"

legend O0

The way Beresford talks about it is really interesting, sad and feels really spot on.

He wouldn't change a single thing of what happened during the 94-97 seasons just can't live with how it suddenly went sour and the frustration of not pushing for it again seeing how close the team was.

Guest firetotheworks

It's comforting to know that they feel exactly the same as us though, especially when Bez say's he thinks about it and it frustrates him because he wants to go back and do it again.

Guest Stephen927

What a f***ing good football player Ginola was, to bad he was born a Frenchman or he could actually do things in life.

:lol: :lol:

That Arsenal League Cup quarter final when that useless tosser of ref "Ashby" I think his name was, set out to send off Ginola from the start. He was kicked all over the park, and Dixon feigned being elbowed (which he didn't do) to get him sent off.

TWICE earlier he was hacked down from behind and the ref ignored one, and BOOKED Ginola for diving the other !

He was never the same after that game.

I blame that game for us losing the title, actually.

The damage it did to the team, never mind Ginola.

This is a really good post - I share your views, certainly about the Arsenal game ; Ginola was very harshly treated by Ashby and I never see Lee Dixon without thinking of how HE should have been the one sent off.

I have heard old timers say that Arsenal are a powerful club who often get the best of refs' decisions like Man U,but I never believed it  - Until I saw what happened in that match.

Ginola WAS never the same player after it.

Yeah, that game rattled him. I seem to remember he was brilliant in the Wham game (3-0 iirc) nearer the end of the season and got someone sent off in the first half but he wasn't on the same level generally.